Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elevation and Snow.
So I built my house on one of the highest elevations around my area at 1505 feet. The only higher around is 1515 which has the Water Tower for the area. This morning I woke up to find I had about a half inch of snow on the ground, but when I drove down my driveway which is about a quarter mile there was no snow lol.

The temperature around my house is about 3 degrees colder than the Ohio River Valley which I live in...Its just crazy that I can have snow but no one else does.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 11:51 PM)Synric Wrote: So I built my house on one of the highest elevations around my area at 1505 feet. The only higher around is 1515 which has the Water Tower for the area. This morning I woke up to find I had about a half inch of snow on the ground, but when I drove down my driveway which is about a quarter mile there was no snow lol.

The temperature around my house is about 3 degrees colder than the Ohio River Valley which I live in...Its just crazy that I can have snow but no one else does.

The Mrs giving you the cold, cold shoulder again, huh? These things happen ya know..The lake here in SC froze over last winter over the very same thing and we're not even the highest elevation..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I routinely have 1 ft of snow when surrounding areas have 3". There is a pond in the backyard and the way our houses face has a difference of where snow collects. I call it pond effect snow.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 11:51 PM)Synric Wrote: So I built my house on one of the highest elevations around.

I did to.  I wanted all my friends come to my house to get high.
Reply/Quote