Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Eli Apple and Reggie Nelson
Eli was pretty bad at the beginning of the season but really progressed through the season. Speaks volumes about this coaching staff. I’m curious how he develops with the off-season. He might be the outbreak player everyone is overlooking.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Jacksonville was playing Reggie at Strong Safety when he was clearly a roaming Free Safety.

We put him where he was suited and he played fantastic.

I knew Jacksonville wasn't using him right. I was just thinking they were using him as a corner. Makes sense though.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 09:29 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Eli was pretty bad at the beginning of the season but really progressed through the season. Speaks volumes about this coaching staff. I’m curious how he develops with the off-season. He might be the outbreak player everyone is overlooking.

If Apple doesn't make that goal line stop, we likely do not go to the Super Bowl. I think a new start in Lou's system with new DB coaches has done wonders for him, hopefully he continues to excel. 
Reply/Quote
Same people who are claiming Hayden Hurst is going to light it up with the Bengals should also have high hopes for Apple.

Both are players who had first round talent that just have not really shown it yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I knew Jacksonville wasn't using him right. I was just thinking they were using him as a corner. Makes sense though.

They might of put Reggie at Corner a few times out of necessity cause of injuries or something and that is why you thought that.

(06-20-2022, 11:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If Apple doesn't make that goal line stop, we likely do not go to the Super Bowl. I think a new start in Lou's system with new DB coaches has done wonders for him, hopefully he continues to excel. 

True, that was a monster play, same as Hubbard's.

(06-20-2022, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same people who are claiming Hayden Hurst is going to light it up with the Bengals should also have high hopes for Apple.

Both are players who had first round talent that just have not really shown it yet.

Agree with that. Apple better light it up, if he gets beat too much I could see CTB taking his spot and Apple relegated to a
backup. That is what I love about our Draft, we got talented players to push our vets like Apple, Bates, Carman with CTB, 
Dax Hill and Volson.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 11:18 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Apple has good skills but gets a bad wrap because of the TD to Kupp in SB. I’ve watched that play several times and don’t think he could’ve covered any better. What makes Nelson stand out to me was his ability to rise up and play like a madman against Pittsburgh.

Can't completely crap on the guy losing out to the best and toughest WR in the league that year. We needed him to step up, but it would have always been a tough ask.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Jacksonville was playing Reggie at Strong Safety when he was clearly a roaming Free Safety.

We put him where he was suited and he played fantastic.

Zim
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 03:10 PM)3wt Wrote: Zim

No doubt, great DC. Zim helped Reggie out a lot...

He wasn't quite as good with the Raiders afterwards which also says something about Zim's coaching.
Reply/Quote
I think it stuck (or still sticks) in people's minds the times Eli Apple got beat.
When it did happen, it was bad.
But he had a lot of good snaps too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 04:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it stuck (or still sticks) in people's minds the times Eli Apple got beat.
When it did happen, it was bad.
But he had a lot of good snaps too.

Doesn't help when you talk shit on twitter either. He needs to stop that. I liked Eli as a player by midseason last year though.

Everybody's #2 Corner gets beat a bit, just the way it goes. Good Offenses take advantage of the #2 Corner. Hoping Awuzie builds
on what he did last season, dude was pretty great and I believe deserved an All Pro mention.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, great DC. Zim helped Reggie out a lot...

He wasn't quite as good with the Raiders afterwards which also says something about Zim's coaching.

He was also older
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 05:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He was also older

True, could of had something to do with it lol
Reply/Quote
Reggie was a heck of a player. Hoping Apple turns into that for us.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2022, 10:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nelson....21st pick in first round
Apple.....10th pick in first round

Nelson...27 years old with 42 career starts when he joined the Bengals
Apple.....26 years old with 48 career starts when he joined the Bengals

Nelson..Obtained for peanuts (Traded DB David Jones)
Apple....Obtained for peanuts ($1.2 million free agent contract)

Nelson...Became Pro-Bowl and 2nd Team All-Pro for Bengals. Led league in interceptions in 2015.
Apple.....????????????

I don't get it... None of these things have anything to do with each other or are linked in any way. Coincidences. What inferences are you trying to make with this info?
Reply/Quote