Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eli Apple puts Goodberry on notice
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:26 AM)Trademark Wrote:

He has been a nice surprise, as has the rest of the defense!  

Let's just hope they keep shutting offenses down!  

They've all been impressive!

I love the swagger and the shit talking!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He has been a nice surprise, as has the rest of the defense!  

Hilarious

His butchery of the English language is quite impressive.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:26 AM)Trademark Wrote:

Good for him.  If this helps him play tougher and have more confidence, you should have receipts for a lot of people on twitter and go after them. 

I am kind of surprised by it, but hey....if it keeps you confident and playing like you are, bash away.  It is fair both ways:)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: His butchery of the English language is quite impressive.  Smirk

That seems to be a "thing" on "the twitter".  As the resident old guy, I laughed my ass off when one of those "when you are turning in to your parents" commercials had a person admit:  "I text in full sentences".  That is EXACTLY me!

For good measure, they make another one where it makes fun of adults that have to be at the airport three hours early.  Again, guilty as charged.  Oh, well.  At least I can laugh at myself.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He has been a nice surprise, as has the rest of the defense!  

Hilarious

That video of him running in to the locker room yelling "Big truss" and then "Enormous Truss" makes a little more sense now.  Good for you, Apple, and thank you for your work on this team.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That seems to be a "thing" on "the twitter".  As the resident old guy, I laughed my ass off when one of those "when you are turning in to your parents" commercials had a person admit:  "I text in full sentences".  That is EXACTLY me!

For good measure, they make another one where it makes fun of adults that have to be at the airport three hours early.  Again, guilty as charged.  Oh, well.  At least I can laugh at myself.  

I laugh at that commercial every time it's on. I have to admit it bothers me to see not just proper English, but just common spelling and sentence structures going the way of the dodo bird with young people. If they don't learn it when they are young, their kids don't stand a chance to not sound like blithering idiots. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I laugh at that commercial every time it's on. I have to admit it bothers me to see not just proper English, but just common spelling and sentence structures going the way of the dodo bird with young people. If they don't learn it when they are young, their kids don't stand a chance to not sound like blithering idiots. 

I remember being somewhat shocked when I learned that my kids wouldn't learn to write in cursive.  Ok, that makes me old, too.  But almost everything is typed or texted so I guess I get it.  You are right, though, with spell check, why is it always so bad?  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember being somewhat shocked when I learned that my kids wouldn't learn to write in cursive.  Ok, that makes me old, too.  But almost everything is typed or texted so I guess I get it.  You are right, though, with spell check, why is it always so bad?  

Right, and if they can't write cursive they won't be able to read cursive, which means they will never be able to read the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights, The Emancipation Proclamation and other like documents in their original forms.  Maybe that's the point. Not to mention when you delve into history and read letters home from soldiers in the Revolution, the Civil War, the World Wars, etc., these people wrote so eloquently and young people won't be able to read any of it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That seems to be a "thing" on "the twitter".  As the resident old guy, I laughed my ass off when one of those "when you are turning in to your parents" commercials had a person admit:  "I text in full sentences".  That is EXACTLY me!

At 44 I'm finally starting to get that maybe I'm not just getting out of touch but have maybe been out of touch for a while.

Im okay with that.  I still feel young but man do I have my "get of my lawn" moments.

Now the struggle is to have enough self reflectance to not end up being that guy while also not pretending to be cool.  Cause Im not and my kids don't need that.; they need me to be not cool.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, and if they can't write cursive they won't be able to read cursive, which means they will never be able to read the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights, The Emancipation Proclamation and other like documents in their original forms.  Maybe that's the point. Not to mention when you delve into history and read letters home from soldiers in the Revolution, the Civil War, the World Wars, etc., these people wrote so eloquently and young people won't be able to read any of it. 

Wow.  Never even thought about that...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:08 AM)motoarch Wrote: At 44 I'm finally starting to get that maybe I'm not just getting out of touch but have maybe been out of touch for a while.

Im okay with that.  I still feel young but man do I have my "get of my lawn" moments.

Now the struggle is to have enough self reflectance to not end up being that guy while also not pretending to be cool.  Cause Im not and my kids don't need that.; they need me to be not cool.

Dead on.  It is ALL about being the parent they need, but not the one they think they want.  My youngest is in his senior year and we just finished all the recruiting and college application stuff (damn, it is a TON of work now).

One thing I try to convey to my kids, as I feel like their lives have MUCH more stress than ours did growing up, is that they don't need to be nervous or anxious about anything.  It is never THAT BAD.  Just do your best, and that is almost always enough.  Be kind to others, and get rid of people in your life that aren't.  Lastly, choose a career that you have a passion for and not just something that pays the bills or you will be miserable most of the time.  

Thread, derailed.  Sorry.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, and if they can't write cursive they won't be able to read cursive, which means they will never be able to read the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights, The Emancipation Proclamation and other like documents in their original forms.  Maybe that's the point. Not to mention when you delve into history and read letters home from soldiers in the Revolution, the Civil War, the World Wars, etc., these people wrote so eloquently and young people won't be able to read any of it. 

Don’t worry boomer… I was at a museum recently and they type out the cursive letters so we can read them Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember being somewhat shocked when I learned that my kids wouldn't learn to write in cursive.  Ok, that makes me old, too.  But almost everything is typed or texted so I guess I get it.  You are right, though, with spell check, why is it always so bad?  

Must be a school district thing....my kids have learned cursive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:45 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don’t worry boomer… I was at a museum recently and they type out the cursive letters so we can read them Big Grin

Did they though? Did they transcribe it correctly? If you can't read it for yourself in it's original form, then you have no idea. That's like getting history from a movie, you don't know what was changed for artistic license. Change a word here or there, over time, and eventually the whole meaning is changed. Not to derail this thread though....
Reply/Quote

Pretty sure you're not the only one  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

It's a dying artform for sure, but my kids are learning cursive at school (charter school) so it's still there, just not typically taught.  In fact, my kids' school makes them hand-write everything.  They don't get to use computers to type up their final papers (but yes, they do learn to type and do a lot of their pre-work on them so they're not going to leave school coming out from under some rock).  

The way he tweeted that is just so much of the current "internet speak".  I've got coworkers, adult professionals, in their 20s that will write that way on social media, but are still able to craft a perfectly coherent and correct work email.  So I'm not losing faith in the younger generation yet... 

I love seeing the swagger, though.  Such a crucial piece of a defense in my opinion.  That confidence that you're going to deliver every game.  And if there's a bad play, shake it off and come back harder.  This defense really seemed to lack that confidence for a while, and seeing it back is a breath of fresh air! 
Reply/Quote

Not to mention "signing" their name. I work for a bank and the amount of endorsements PRINTED on checks instead of signed in cursive is increasing. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wow with those games 3-7 stats. I know in recent weeks I have felt like teams were trying to pick on him. The fact he is holding it down like this is awesome. With another no show for Waynes Apple was a huuuuge pick up.
Reply/Quote
Good for Apple but like the De-Thread cause it made me feel like I am not alone lol

I am 39 so right on the edge of 40. Feeling like an old man now a days and I feel young body wise.

The butchering of the english language and the lack of proper spelling can be off putting and can hurt the future as others
in this thread stated. Have to be able to write cursive and read it in order to not repeat history.

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution cannot be forgotten cause of lack of knowledge.

Back to the thread, good for Apple, wasn't targeted much which just might mean he was lock down the last 3 or 4 games.
Reply/Quote