Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eli or Teddy In Week 1?
Need some help on whether to start Eli or Teddy in my league with Reds players.

Most fantasy sites have Eli ranked way above Teddy for wee 1, but I'm thinking go with Bridgewater because the 49ers lost both starting corners this offseason, and Eli hasn't been impressing me this preseason, not to mention that the Cowboys' pass rush could give him problems.

I also think Charles Johnson is a stud, so Teddy will have a field day with him and the new corners.

Plus, passing TDs are only 4, whereas rushing TDs are 6, and Teddy is more likely to get in than Eli.

Advice? Is Teddy the pick here?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 09:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Need some help on whether to start Eli or Teddy in my league with Reds players.

Most fantasy sites have Eli ranked way above Teddy for wee 1, but I'm thinking go with Bridgewater because the 49ers lost both starting corners this offseason, and Eli hasn't been impressing me this preseason, not to mention that the Cowboys' pass rush could give him problems.

I also think Charles Johnson is a stud, so Teddy will have a field day with him and the new corners.

Plus, passing TDs are only 4, whereas rushing TDs are 6, and Teddy is more likely to get in than Eli.

Advice?  Is Teddy the pick here?

I understand your thinking, and most of the time I would say Teddy, but Dallas has Hardy out on suspension, their best DB (Scandrick and that's not saying much) is on IR, so their defense is really limping, and no one on it can stop/slow down Odell Beckham Jr. Manning is a Cowboy killer. In their last 4 meetings, Eli has averaged over 300 yards and tossed 12 tds (3 td avg). Over his career (10 years) he has tossed 22 tds against Dallas at Dallas for a 2.2 td average.

With Teddy, you have AP, and once they get ahead (which they should be able to), it will be almost all AP with a little Teddy sprinkled in to keep SF Defense honest to give AP more running room.

So everything is pointing to Eli having the better week this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 09:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Need some help on whether to start Eli or Teddy in my league with Reds players.

Advice? Is Teddy the pick here?

Eli has good WRs but he will never have time to throw that ball unless Dallas's D is still horrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 12:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I understand your thinking, and most of the time I would say Teddy, but Dallas has Hardy out on suspension, their best DB (Scandrick and that's not saying much) is on IR, so their defense is really limping, and no one on it can stop/slow down Odell Beckham Jr. Manning is a Cowboy killer. In their last 4 meetings, Eli has averaged over 300 yards and tossed 12 tds (3 td avg). Over his career (10 years) he has tossed 22 tds against Dallas at Dallas for a 2.2 td average.

With Teddy, you have AP, and once they get ahead (which they should be able to), it will be almost all AP with a little Teddy sprinkled in to keep SF Defense honest to give AP more running room.

So everything is pointing to Eli having the better week this week.
Beckham's an animal, so I agree that Eli could just go off.

But don't you think Teddy could have 250 yards and a TD?  Maybe 20-40 rushing yards?

I had Bridgewater starting, but now I'm learning towards Eli because of Beckham, Donnel, and even Randle.  Also, I think AP's return party just gets stupid with the AP show (I have him in one of my four money leagues, so score for me!).

Much appreciated!
(09-10-2015, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Eli has good WRs but he will never have time to throw that ball unless Dallas's D is still horrible.

I think it will be a shootout.

Last year, didn't both Cowboys-Giants games go high scoring, like over 50 or 60 points?
Reply/Quote
Eli 100%. It is important to look at matchups and everything, but the general rule is do not try and get cute week one. Start the players who have proven to be better. At it is not like the Cowboys have any type of secondary. Eli quietly had 4,410 yards, 30 TDs and only 14 INTs last year.

While the 49ers lost a lot of talent, they still have a ton of talent on defense. People act like they were trash last year, but were 8-8 with a top ten defense. They did this without Bowman all year and with Willis missing over half of the season. Now they return Bowman, who may be the best LB in the game, possibly better than Kuechly.

There is always a chance Teddy does do better, but Eli is the clear start here.

Also, didn't some make a WDIS megathread already?
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote