Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elite
Flacco.....elite.....LOL

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/22702/ravens-joe-flacco-is-nfls-worst-fourth-quarter-qb-this-season
Reply/Quote
From your source:

"Not all the blame can be placed on Flacco for these numbers. He didn't have his top wide receiver (Steve Smith), rookie first-round pick (Breshad Perriman) and top two tight ends (Dennis Pitta and Crockett Gillmore). He was also pressured on six of his 11 dropbacks in the fourth quarter and overtime.

It's been a combination of not having enough time in the pocket and receivers like Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown not getting open soon enough.These results are much different than the ones Flacco typically puts up. In his previous seven seasons, Flacco was the ninth-best quarterback in the fourth quarter with an 89.0 rating. That was higher than Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton. This is the best indicator that the Ravens' troubles late in games this year are more of a reflection of Baltimore's supporting cast than Flacco "
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Flacco isn't elite and few will say he is. The difference between Flacco and your Mannings, Rodgers, or Bradys is that he cannot turn nobodies into household names. If you give him good players around him, he'll make historic playoff runs. If you don't, he'll struggle. He's a good quarterback, and he plays up when his team makes the playoffs, but he's not elite.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Flacco isn't elite and few will say he is. The difference between Flacco and your Mannings, Rodgers, or Bradys is that he cannot turn nobodies into household names. If you give him good players around him, he'll make historic playoff runs. If you don't, he'll struggle. He's a good quarterback, and he plays up when his team makes the playoffs, but he's not elite.

Whoooah. Calm yourself. He had one "historic" run and it was greatly due to a Denver safety falling all over himself on one of Flacco's patented eephus throws.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Whoooah. Calm yourself. He had one "historic" run and it was greatly due to a Denver safety falling all over himself on one of Flacco's patented eephus throws.

Yea, I'm sure the fact that he had to play the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots was the reason he went to the Super Bowl.

That must be the only reason why Andy hasn't been able to do it. He had to play teams like the Texans and Chargers... they never make a single bad play in a four game post season. 

This is getting as stale as saying that the refs gave Ben a Super Bowl. At some point, you have to just accept that some teams can win them and some can't.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, I'm sure the fact that he had to play the Colts, Broncos, and Patriots was the reason he went to the Super Bowl.

That must be the only reason why Andy hasn't been able to do it. He had to play teams like the Texans and Chargers... they never make a single bad play in a four game post season. 

This is getting as stale as saying that the refs gave Ben a Super Bowl. At some point, you have to just accept that some teams can win them and some can't.

Safety. Falls. Down.

At some point you have to just accept that this actually happened. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Safety. Falls. Down.

One play? Cool. I have one for you now:

Flacco. Was. Super. Bowl. MVP. After. Setting. Playoff. Records.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One play?

Yeah. That's all it was. One play. 

That would have ended the game. 

That's all. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Flacco isn't elite and few will say he is. The difference between Flacco and your Mannings, Rodgers, or Bradys is that he cannot turn nobodies into household names. If you give him good players around him, he'll make historic playoff runs. If you don't, he'll struggle. He's a good quarterback, and he plays up when his team makes the playoffs, but he's not elite.

Problem is, Flacco is the NFL's 7th highest paid player this year, making over $20 million.  You can't pay the man like a Rodgers or Brady if he can't do more with less like a Rodgers or Brady, because his large contract makes it difficult to consistently keep a good arsenal of weapons around him and/or a great defense that limits the number of plays he has to make to win games.  Compounding the problem is the fact that Ozzie Newsome is terrible at drafting WR's, and is forced to overpay veteran FA WR's to have a legitimate receiving threat out there instead of relying on cheaper options on rookie contracts, and when he can't afford Flacco and a veteran #1 and #2, the offense is hosed.
Reply/Quote
But i digress. I should show some sympathy. Not only is your team bad this year. You went from having the 2nd to the 4th best QB in the division.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But i digress. I should show some sympathy. Not only is your team bad this year. You went from having the 2nd to the 4th best QB in the division.

5th behind Vick. And yes I'm watching him play right now.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:24 PM)6andcounting Wrote: 5th behind Vick. And yes I'm watching him play right now.

6th.  Johnny Football outplayed him when he had the chance, too.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, Flacco is the NFL's 7th highest paid player this year, making over $20 million.  You can't pay the man like a Rodgers or Brady if he can't do more with less like a Rodgers or Brady, because his large contract makes it difficult to consistently keep a good arsenal of weapons around him and/or a great defense that limits the number of plays he has to make to win games.  Compounding the problem is the fact that Ozzie Newsome is terrible at drafting WR's, and is forced to overpay veteran FA WR's to have a legitimate receiving threat out there instead of relying on cheaper options on rookie contracts, and when he can't afford Flacco and a veteran #1 and #2, the offense is hosed.

You do have to pay him that. $20m is the going price for a franchise QB. Look at who is currently making more money than him. Look at who is making about 1-3m less a year than him. The deal is about to get really tough for the team to work with if it isn't restructured, but it was designed to allow the Ravens to build around him in the first 3 years of it. Cap wise, he hasn't been even in the top 10 for QBs since signing his contract until this year. Even now, his cap hit isn't what is limiting the Ravens. They have about $20m tied up in dead money.

Though, you're right that Ozzie is awful at drafting WRs. I was reading an article the other day about how they passed up on this WR a few years back and got this back up  D lineman that left after 3 years of never starting. The WR was drafted with the very next pick. The scouting report said he'd never be more than a return guy. To be fair, he does return kicks for his team. His name is Anthony Brown or something. Maybe Antonio?

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 07:01 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You do have to pay him that. $20m is the going price for a franchise QB. Look at who is currently making more money than him. Look at who is making about 1-3m less a year than him. The deal is about to get really tough for the team to work with if it isn't restructured, but it was designed to allow the Ravens to build around him in the first 3 years of it. Cap wise, he hasn't been even in the top 10 for QBs since signing his contract until this year. Even now, his cap hit isn't what is limiting the Ravens. They have about $20m tied up in dead money.

Though, you're right that Ozzie is awful at drafting WRs. I was reading an article the other day about how they passed up on this WR a few years back and got this back up  D lineman that left after 3 years of never starting. The WR was drafted with the very next pick. The scouting report said he'd never be more than a return guy. To be fair, he does return kicks for his team. His name is Anthony Brown or something. Maybe Antonio?

The Ravens had to pay him that because Ozzie Newsome tried to play hardball the year before his contract was up.  Flacco got hot in the playoffs and won a Super Bowl in his contract year and put Ozzie over the barrel.  A few years later, the Ravens are paying #7 QB money to the #26 rated passer, which is a bad return on the investment.

Everyone passed on Brown, so I can't give Ozzie too much grief, there.  Besides, Brown is a system WR, and without the full arsenal of pick plays the Steelers normally use to get him seperation, he's fallen back down to earth the past few games.  
Reply/Quote
I think UNIBROW gets more flack than he deserves.

Flacco is a quarterback that can play his part, and has had moments with or without his best play-makers. Flacco is a Quarterback that needs to be respected by defenses, or he will make them pay dearly for it.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Ravens had to pay him that because Ozzie Newsome tried to play hardball the year before his contract was up.  Flacco got hot in the playoffs and won a Super Bowl in his contract year and put Ozzie over the barrel.  A few years later, the Ravens are paying #7 QB money to the #26 rated passer, which is a bad return on the investment.

Everyone passed on Brown, so I can't give Ozzie too much grief, there.  Besides, Brown is a system WR, and without the full arsenal of pick plays the Steelers normally use to get him seperation, he's fallen back down to earth the past few games.  

Looking like an average receiver against a defense that's being lead by Manti Te'o can't be good for the self-esteem.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But i digress. I should show some sympathy. Not only is your team bad this year. You went from having the 2nd to the 4th best QB in the division.

Seems to me, a lot of the times he just makes some what lucky throws, a lot of jump balls on his own field throws. maybe he could talk  to AD and Convince him  to work with him in the off season and teach him to throw dimes  
 LMAO LMAO
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 07:16 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Seems to me, a lot of the times he just makes some what lucky throws, a lot of jump balls on his own field throws. maybe he could talk  to AD and Convince him  to work with him in the off season and teach him to throw dimes  
 LMAO LMAO

Wait...are we still talking about Flacco or Dalton?   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One play? Cool. I have one for you now:

Flacco. Was. Super. Bowl. MVP. After. Setting. Playoff. Records.

So what happened? that was like 3 years ago
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 09:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...are we still talking about Flacco or Dalton?   Ninja

We're talking about the qb, that is in top 5 iin all qb stats this year. Is that flacco? Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote