Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elite
(10-14-2015, 09:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...are we still talking about Flacco or Dalton?   Ninja

In all seriousness, AD seems like a different qb. Something all us Bengals fans have been waiting on. I never publicly (on the boards) had any thing bad to say about AD,but I think I felt like many. Wanted and expected and I'm glad he's turned it around. At least it seems. Wink
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 11:21 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: In all seriousness, AD seems like a different qb. Something all us Bengals fans have been waiting on. I never publicly  (on the boards) had any thing bad to say about AD,but I think I felt like many. Wanted and expected and I'm glad he's turned it around. At least it seems. Wink

I've said it before in other threads, physically speaking Dalton has what it takes to be a very good QB at this level. Where he was lacking, was mentally, that it factor, the ability to come back from bad breaks and mistakes, and the confidence in the end to close out and win games. This year, it's starting to look like maybe he has found it. Right now, it's nice to watch this team play the way they are.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: sWN5VRw.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 11:21 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: In all seriousness, AD seems like a different qb. Something all us Bengals fans have been waiting on. I never publicly  (on the boards) had any thing bad to say about AD,but I think I felt like many. Wanted and expected and I'm glad he's turned it around. At least it seems. Wink

He has yet to face a team with a winning record.  Only one of the teams he has faced has a defence ranked in the top 10.  Good thing is the rest of your schedule is pretty powder aside form us twice, Arizona (though I think we exposed them), and the Broncos.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:09 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: He has yet to face a team with a winning record.  Only one of the teams he has faced has a defence ranked in the top 10.  Good thing is the rest of your schedule is pretty powder aside form us twice, Arizona (though I think we exposed them), and the Broncos.

Uhhhh, the Bills did have a winning record....until they faced the Bengals.

Can you really judge a QB's performance based solely off of total yards per game by the defense? Here are some numbers of teams the Bengals have played thus far...

6th, 14th, 16th, 22nd, 24th, and 27th teams as far as passer rating allowed goes.
5th, 7th, 22nd, 24th, 27th, 30th teams in pass YPG allowed.

Not much that looks amazing, but there are definitely some top half defenses in the mix when talking about their efficiency and volume given up against the pass alone. A lot of people also ignore that some of these defenses have lower rankings because of Andy Dalton shredding them this year. Some of these teams would be a couple spots higher had Andy not played lights out against them, just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:09 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: He has yet to face a team with a winning record.  Only one of the teams he has faced has a defence ranked in the top 10.  Good thing is the rest of your schedule is pretty powder aside form us twice, Arizona (though I think we exposed them), and the Broncos.

Neither has Tom Brady and the Patriots.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Uhhhh, the Bills did have a winning record....until they faced the Bengals.

Can you really judge a QB's performance based solely off of total yards per game by the defense? Here are some numbers of teams the Bengals have played thus far...

6th, 14th, 16th, 22nd, 24th, and 27th teams as far as passer rating allowed goes.
5th, 7th, 22nd, 24th, 27th, 30th teams in pass YPG allowed.

Not much that looks amazing, but there are definitely some top half defenses in the mix when talking about their efficiency and volume given up against the pass alone. A lot of people also ignore that some of these defenses have lower rankings because of Andy Dalton shredding them this year. Some of these teams would be a couple spots higher had Andy not played lights out against them, just sayin'.

The other half of this equation is the fact that none of those team have an above average Offence to keep your offence on the sidelines.  Look, Andy is doing well but let's temper that will a little reality of the situation.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Neither has Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Yeah...I would love for the Steelers to have a second crack at them the way our D is playing and with our offence whole.  Also, never said a word about Tom Brady, and I don't think he is doing as great as everyone is monkey humping.  They didn't exactly demolish that stunning colts team.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:27 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The other half of this equation is the fact that none of those team have an above average Offence to keep your offence on the sidelines.  Look, Andy is doing well but let's temper that will a little reality of the situation.

I have no issue being realistic by not yelling for Andy to be called "elite" or a top QB already like some of the random JN dorks.

At the same time, I can't pretend that Andy hasn't been doing exactly what he's supposed to as a professional QB. Whether the teams the Bengals have played against have been the worst or best in the league, it doesn't really change that Andy's decision making, pocket awareness, and ball placement has been 10x what it was before. He's playing like an entirely different QB this year, and it's not just the stat sheets saying it.

I've been VERY critical of Andy Dalton over the years, but he's playing lights out this season and I see no reason that it won't continue. He's going to have a rough game or two by the end of the year, but so will Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and every other QB in the NFL. Going down 24-7 to a team that played in the last Super Bowl would have been a dagger any other year, and watching the Seahawks game was solid enough evidence for me to become a believer that we're seeing a very different Andy and Bengals team in general.

I could be completely wrong and we could lose 10 straight, but I think the odds are saying that this is a playoff team that can hang with anyone in the league. We won't be seeing many huge blowout losses and/or terrible games from Andy this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:36 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I have no issue being realistic by not yelling for Andy to be called "elite" or a top QB already like some of the random JN dorks.

At the same time, I can't pretend that Andy hasn't been doing exactly what he's supposed to as a professional QB. Whether the teams the Bengals have played against have been the worst or best in the league, it doesn't really change that Andy's decision making, pocket awareness, and ball placement has been 10x what it was before. He's playing like an entirely different QB this year, and it's not just the stat sheets saying it.

I've been VERY critical of Andy Dalton over the years, but he's playing lights out this season and I see no reason that it won't continue. He's going to have a rough game or two by the end of the year, but so will Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and every other QB in the NFL. Going down 24-7 to a team that played in the last Super Bowl would have been a dagger any other year, and watching the Seahawks game was solid enough evidence for me to become a believer that we're seeing a very different Andy and Bengals team in general.

I could be completely wrong and we could lose 10 straight, but I think the odds are saying that this is a playoff team that can hang with anyone in the league. We won't be seeing many huge blowout losses and/or terrible games from Andy this year.

Cool...Now let's get back to discussing how Landry Jones is Elite compared to Flacco the 1st down arm punt machine.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:58 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Cool...Now let's get back to discussing how Landry Jones is Elite compared to Flacco the 1st down arm punt machine.

[Image: h0t9Erv.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Bills had winning record. Couple others are at .500 Bengals, beating them kept them from being over .500. That's bs argument. Who has Steelers actually played cards is it.who have they lit it up against? I think we split with Pittsburgh , beat Denver and cards.    Rock On

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:27 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The other half of this equation is the fact that none of those team have an above average Offence to keep your offence on the sidelines.  Look, Andy is doing well but let's temper that will a little reality of the situation.

Don't the Chargers have one of the better passing offenses in the league? I know they are 2-4 but look at who they've played Bengals Packers Steelers...looking at their remaining schedule they could very well win out or at least be a 10-6 team the way that offense is playing. Over 400 yards a game average Phillip Rivers is playing lights out they just need to stop turning the ball over.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:00 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: [Image: sWN5VRw.jpg]

Who photoshopped Carson Palmer's face in there?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 11:02 AM)djs7685 Wrote: [Image: h0t9Erv.jpg]

Very few cartoons/memes/characatures have ever captured the truth the way this one does. 

Always one of my favorites.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:09 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote:

He has yet to face a team with a winning record.  Only one of the teams he has faced has a defence ranked in the top 10.  Good thing is the rest of your schedule is pretty powder aside form us twice, Arizona (though I think we exposed them), and the Broncos.

The Steelers will be a tough test.  After all, no NFL team can take the Steelers seriously after they watch the film of the Baltimore game.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:00 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: [Image: sWN5VRw.jpg]

[img][Image: 12109020_1678011145766456_4461889890012174314_n.jpg][/img]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 01:02 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: [img][Image: 12109020_1678011145766456_4461889890012174314_n.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: 12108213_1678011195766451_7468442413564416821_n.jpg][/img]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 10:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Steelers will be a tough test.  After all, no NFL team can take the Steelers seriously after they watch the film of the Baltimore game.  

Agreed...All teams should only watch the film form the Baltimore game.   Ninja

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 09:37 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Agreed...All teams should only watch the film form the Baltimore game.   Ninja

Imagine the look on the corner's face when he's expecting Wheaton and end up seeing a giant alien with dreads across from him.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote