Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elizebeth and Caroline Blackburn - BOOSTING THE BENGALS
Great article about the impact the girls have had on the organization and some of their future plans.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2023/06/05/caroline-elizabeth-blackburn-bengals-turnaround.html?csrc=6398&taid=647dc3c0cf93b300017d1b0e&utm_campaign=trueAnthemTrendingContent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
You can make a strong case that the team is now in good hands at QB, HC, and ownership. Which ofc would have been completely unthinkable just a few years ago.

I definitely feel good about the future with these two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I can only hope they keep up the great work!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can make a strong case that the team is now in good hands at QB, HC, and ownership. Which ofc would have been completely unthinkable just a few years ago.

I definitely feel good about the future with these two.

The Front Office took the money from the Dalton Era success and re-did a ton of their more important facilities like the weight room and rehab. After the Dalton era the wins dried up so did the money but now with success they are turning around and putting money back into the franchise again. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's nice the Bengals have up and coming leaders running the family business with a different vision for how to run the organization. Hopefully Elizabeth and Caroline keep the Bengals in a position to remain successful even when our fandom time rooting for Zac and Burrow comes to an eventual end.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 11:25 AM)Synric Wrote: The Front Office took the money from the Dalton Era success and re-did a ton of their more important facilities like the weight room and rehab. After the Dalton era the wins dried up so did the money but now with success they are turning around and putting money back into the franchise again. 

Right, but I was talking more about faith in ownership as a whole.

Reply/Quote
All the pieces are in place but until we get that first championship we will always be looked over.

Cincinnati is one of the most up and coming cities in the states and the Bengals are the heart of that, the redevelopment of the banks and OTR the past few years have made it an enjoyable place to visit not just for sports fans.

We get that first ring and the team and the city will take off like a rocket, amazing how far we have come in just a few short years really and the girls are a massive part of that.
Reply/Quote
Exciting time in the Nati
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Good call Weezy, beat me to it, came here to post the same article. Big ambition from these two, so refreshing to see it. Even if they don't fully succeed in their international market desires, you gotta love that they are embracing it and putting forth good effort to get there. I think that's all a lot of us ever asked for from ownership. We love the winning, but this is the long game. Build the brand, and they made a good comparison in how Golden State struck while the iron was hot with Steph and his mates. With Burrow and crew, this is exactly the time to be aggressive in these matters instead of too little too late. It's a really stark contrast in marketing from days before.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just curious but if Burrow weren't here, how would the same be perceived? Have they actually added something real or are we just watching the elevator at work? At a bare minimum I sense they've gotten out of the way, and that alone is probably worth something. And the way they've owned social media has been fun. But I guess it's the million-dollar question: how "fun" would it be if the team were mired in mediocrity and nibbling at the edges of "Bungledom"? I don't know. I'm glad we don't need to find out.
Reply/Quote
Elizabeth and Caroline >>>>> Paul and Mike
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's truly a miracle how the Brown family has evolved.

1. St. Paul Brown. He built the old school. A product of the Great Depression - tough as nails.
2. Mike Brown: while he didn't grow up poor, he was greatly influenced by his Dad's "Drepression" PTSD. He was still driving a Chevrolet sedan 2000's in an SI article I read. He was cheap as hell with his franchise but he lived it, too (at least in spirit).
3. Katie Blackburn: she was always overshadowed by her Dad.
4. Granddaughters: like the article said, they're bringing modern NFL ownership outlook to the Bengals at a time when Mike Brown's influence is waning due to his age. They see the value in investing in the team. Driving sales is the real way to grow your company - not by cutting costs with player salaries and being cheap with scouts/fans/stadium, etc. etc. etc.

The Bengals are in good hands.....finally.
Reply/Quote
Is it still okay to call the rookies "kids"? We middle-aged folks (and older) often use that verbiage (kid, boy, girl) to refer to people much younger than us. No real harm done.

The reality is NFL football is all about the Benjamins. Encouraging to have that side of it covered, and nice to keep it in family. Though I must confess business management, communications, and marketing falls right below drying paint observation in things which interest me.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 01:10 PM)tms Wrote: Just curious but if Burrow weren't here, how would the same be perceived? Have they actually added something real or are we just watching the elevator at work? At a bare minimum I sense they've gotten out of the way, and that alone is probably worth something. And the way they've owned social media has been fun. But I guess it's the million-dollar question: how "fun" would it be if the team were mired in mediocrity and nibbling at the edges of "Bungledom"? I don't know. I'm glad we don't need to find out.

The article literally points to certain things they’ve had a direct hand in.

This has been the perfect time, in other words, for the organization to accelerate its business initiatives. In the last three years, the Bengals have sold the naming rights to Paul Brown Stadium; built an indoor practice facility (and sold rights there too); dramatically expanded their digital content team; and adopted some of the buzziest new uniforms in sports, including the monochrome “white Bengal tiger” fit. The younger Blackburns are known to have played key roles in most of those major initiatives.

Elizabeth agreed, adding, “We want our stadium to be the best experience in the NFL.”

She has already made that a point of emphasis during her tenure. In 2021 as fans came back from the pandemic, Elizabeth ushered in a series of changes to game-day programming, including concession discounts for season-ticket holders, a “Ruler of the Jungle” pregame hype ritual, a “Jungle Zone” pregame fan gathering space, a Ring of Honor to celebrate the franchise’s most legendary players, fireworks after touchdowns and better player introductions.

In a recent, leaguewide “Voice of the Fan” survey, Cincinnati was No. 1 in the NFL for fans agreeing with the statement “I feel valued as a season-ticket member.”

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 01:10 PM)tms Wrote: Just curious but if Burrow weren't here, how would the same be perceived? Have they actually added something real or are we just watching the elevator at work? At a bare minimum I sense they've gotten out of the way, and that alone is probably worth something. And the way they've owned social media has been fun. But I guess it's the million-dollar question: how "fun" would it be if the team were mired in mediocrity and nibbling at the edges of "Bungledom"? I don't know. I'm glad we don't need to find out.

I've actually thought a lot about this. 

Burrow is the main reason, let's be honest. He's made the path to organizational success MUCH easier on people like the Blackburn girls. 

That's not to say they aren't doing a good job and are just riding off Burrow's coattails, though. At the end of the day, does it really matter if it would have happened if Burrow were or werent here? All that matters is...is that it IS happening. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: When you have kids that are that age this is never meant to come across as inappropriate.   I'd hope they were not so fragile that this would be offensive.  And if we are being totally honest, they do have these jobs due to their family.  The likelihood that either would be working for one of only 32 teams is very slim, not to mention that they probably wouldn't even have the desire to do so...  But they are doing a fantastic job.. 

Right. 

They are the girls of the owners of the team. Literally.

Not sure why it always has to be like this these days. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've actually thought a lot about this. 

Burrow is the main reason, let's be honest. He's made the path to organizational success MUCH easier on people like the Blackburn girls. 

That's not to say they aren't doing a good job and are just riding off Burrow's coattails, though. At the end of the day, does it really matter if it would have happened if Burrow were or werent here? All that matters is...is that it IS happening. 

I agree Burrow pushed the Bengals into the "cool kids club" however, I get comfort that it's not just Joe Cool because the Bengals broke their cheap tendencies before the 2020 draft by signing mid-to-high tier FA's like DJ Reader and Vonn Bell and did very un-Bengal like signing of smart, cheap FA signings of Awuzie and Hilton.

The culture began to change at that point - and I'm guessing that was mostly Katie's doing-----then Joe Cool shows up and the Blackburn girls got the keys to the Bengals marketing department.

And yes, if you're as old as I am.....they are girls! 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Bengal Roar Wrote: I agree Burrow pushed the Bengals into the "cool kids club" however, I get comfort that it's not just Joe Cool because the Bengals broke their cheap tendencies before the 2020 draft by signing mid-to-high tier FA's like DJ Reader and Vonn Bell and did very un-Bengal like signing of smart, cheap FA signings of Awuzie and Hilton.

The culture began to change at that point - and I'm guessing that was mostly Katie's doing-----then Joe Cool shows up and the Blackburn girls got the keys to the Bengals marketing department.

And yes, if you're as old as I am.....they are girls! 

All I know is that I went to the Bill/Bengals game last year and that enviornment was unlike anything I've ever seen...and that wasn't because of Joe Burrow. There were tangible things done to make the experience the way it was. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've actually thought a lot about this. 

Yeah, I fully agree. I'm glad a lot of folks get to enjoy the perks of this ride. Everyone looks good. Which increasingly includes us as fans. "Loyal, resilient long-time believers simply would not be denied and paved the way for success," etc. I'm not about to dispute the claim... even if I privately acknowledge that the on-field performance was the cause more so than the effect lol
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All I know is that I went to the Bill/Bengals game last year and that enviornment was unlike anything I've ever seen...and that wasn't because of Joe Burrow. There were tangible things done to make the experience the way it was. 

It was the most amazing environment I've ever experienced at a game.   That was going to be an incredible game.  No one sat down until after Damar got hurt.

It was electric
Reply/Quote