Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elizebeth and Caroline Blackburn - BOOSTING THE BENGALS
(06-05-2023, 10:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Great article about the impact the girls have had on the organization and some of their future plans.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2023/06/05/caroline-elizabeth-blackburn-bengals-turnaround.html?csrc=6398&taid=647dc3c0cf93b300017d1b0e&utm_campaign=trueAnthemTrendingContent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

I'm proud of my team and how it has evolved.

<3
Thank you, Brown family! Clapping
[Image: 200w.webp]

"Be successful in proportion to the caliber of people you are".   Cool

-Paul Brown.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Bengal Roar Wrote: I agree Burrow pushed the Bengals into the "cool kids club" however, I get comfort that it's not just Joe Cool because the Bengals broke their cheap tendencies before the 2020 draft by signing mid-to-high tier FA's like DJ Reader and Vonn Bell and did very un-Bengal like signing of smart, cheap FA signings of Awuzie and Hilton.

The culture began to change at that point - and I'm guessing that was mostly Katie's doing-----then Joe Cool shows up and the Blackburn girls got the keys to the Bengals marketing department.

And yes, if you're as old as I am.....they are girls! 

Well said, reps. It started before Burrow, that is the proof that what they have been doing is working. 

Do we go to the SB and AFCC's without DJ Reader, Awuzie, Hilton and Vonn Bell? I don't think so...
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Bengal Roar Wrote: I agree Burrow pushed the Bengals into the "cool kids club" however, I get comfort that it's not just Joe Cool because the Bengals broke their cheap tendencies before the 2020 draft by signing mid-to-high tier FA's like DJ Reader and Vonn Bell and did very un-Bengal like signing of smart, cheap FA signings of Awuzie and Hilton.

The culture began to change at that point - and I'm guessing that was mostly Katie's doing-----then Joe Cool shows up and the Blackburn girls got the keys to the Bengals marketing department.

And yes, if you're as old as I am.....they are girls! 

Around what age or under what conditions do you personally stop referring to young women as girls?
Is it like when they're around 40 years old? When their parents/grandparents are gone? When they themselves have had kids of their own?

I am not saying this to be hostile, I am genuinely asking because I do think each person has a different personal definition for when they consider young adults as kids.
I think it's different based on who you ask.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Joe Burrow but as others have pointed out the FO has done a lot to help him in FA. None of that was done before the Blackburn's and they certainly deserve recognition and praise for what they've done in all aspects since becoming more involved.

For the record I call anybody over 30 years younger than me kid. Am 60 but still go out with the boys and my significant other has girls night out once a week and its been many moons since her or me have been a boy or a girl.

Just don't think it's that big of an issue to me unless a condescending tone is used..

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hope if I and another guy do some good stuff and someone says "The boys did good"; that there's some social media warriors to stand up for me and say "bfine's not a boy; he's an adult man".

Nah, I really don't, because it means they're not really focused on the accomplishment.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 10:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Great article about the impact the girls have had on the organization and some of their future plans.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2023/06/05/caroline-elizabeth-blackburn-bengals-turnaround.html?csrc=6398&taid=647dc3c0cf93b300017d1b0e&utm_campaign=trueAnthemTrendingContent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Loved the article until I read the statement in relation to Burrow's next contract "or if it will even be in Cincinnait".  I know the reporter is just reporting another story there, but there is NO CHANCE that Burrow is not a Bengal for the long term.  Higgins may not be able to be extended, but Burrow will get done.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 02:04 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Elizabeth and Caroline >>>>> Paul and Mike

Let's not get carried away now. The girls are doing a fine job, but Paul Brown is a legend. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 06:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Love Joe Burrow but as others have pointed out the FO has done a lot to help him in FA. None of that was done before the Blackburn's and they certainly deserve recognition and praise for what they've done in all aspects since becoming more involved.

For the record I call anybody over 30 years younger than me kid.  Am 60 but still go out with the boys and my significant other has girls night out once a week and its been many moons since her or me have been a boy or a girl.

Just don't think it's that big of an issue to me.

It shouldn't be an issue for anyone. It's just more of today's "get out of bed and find something to be offended by" attitude that permeates society for some reason. It's "girls night out" for my wife and her friends who are all pushing 60 or older. It's still "cigar and bourbon weekend with the boys" when I get together with my friends, who are all over 60. People really need to toughen up. Nobody's using the terms dame, doll, chick, nutcase or any other derogatory term here. It's girls and boys. Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, it really is, and I'm simply too old to play those games. But whatever, it wasn't my post. Nobody was demeaning these two young women, in fact, the whole thread WAS about how great they are at their jobs, until it was derailed by outrage over the term "girl."

Exactly

It's sad that a thread applauding these ladies for doing a great job gets attacked for demeaning women over a very innocent use of the word girls.

Like has been said, kids these days get up in the morning looking for something to be offended by. How can I be the victim today? 

Just sad where our society has descended to.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope if I and another guy do some good stuff and someone says "The boys did good"; that there's some social media warriors to stand up for me and say "bfine's not a boy; he's an adult man".

Nah, I really don't, because it means they're not really focused on the accomplishment.

Bfine be like

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...ipo=images]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 08:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's not get carried away now. The girls are doing a fine job, but Paul Brown is a legend. 

Paul Brown is more than a legend he is a Football god.

The man won 7 World Championships.

The Lombardi trophy given to the SB winner should be called the Brown trophy.

All this with the Cleveland Browns!!!

In regards to the Bengals yes he was the owner when the Bengals went to 2 SBs[should have been more].Mellow

But he was notoriously cheap. 

He literally had a 60 yard practice field for the Bengals.

Not even a thought about an indoor facility.

Can't think of any major free agents arriving here. But many left.

The cherry on the top was not elevating Bill Walsh to head coach.

Zero amount of playoff wins as a Bengal head coach.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 06:01 PM)pally Wrote: One very longstanding way men tend to minimize women in the workplace is to call them "girls"  The contributions these women have made to the team in terms of customer engagement and digital/social media strategy have put millions of dollars in the team's coffers and have helped raise up the team's national identity.  They have earned the right to be referred to as adults and not "girls"  In the workplace that term is demeaning.

Yeah, dude. Because that's what I was going for...especially when I started a thread on a message board praising the work they've done. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 08:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It shouldn't be an issue for anyone. It's just more of today's "get out of bed and find something to be offended by" attitude that permeates society for some reason. It's "girls night out" for my wife and her friends who are all pushing 60 or older. It's still "cigar and bourbon weekend with the boys" when I get together with my friends, who are all over 60. People really need to toughen up. Nobody's using the terms dame, doll, chick, nutcase or any other derogatory term here. It's girls and boys. Nothing to see here.

(06-06-2023, 09:49 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Exactly and well said.  The fact that it was even brought up is just plain silly.  There was absolutely no intent to demean anyone in that article.

I guess there are those that always feel there is a need to "wake" everyone up.  When I come hear I don't need that, just like I don't need it when I sit down to drink my beer after a long day.

(06-06-2023, 09:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

It's sad that a thread applauding these ladies for doing a great job gets attacked for demeaning women over a very innocent use of the word girls.

Like has been said, kids these days get up in the morning looking for something to be offended by. How can I be the victim today? 

Just sad where our society has descended to.

Great posts from some great posters. Well said fellas. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Certainly we can all celebrate the success that Elizabeth and Caroline's contributions to the team have been without this turning into some mini P&R debate.. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 03:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All I know is that I went to the Bill/Bengals game last year and that enviornment was unlike anything I've ever seen...and that wasn't because of Joe Burrow. There were tangible things done to make the experience the way it was. 

Did you happen to see the behind the scenes look at what all went into that game? They had a good video about the fireworks, lights, and the choreography with the music. No way Mikey would have paid someone to do that job before, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 02:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did you happen to see the behind the scenes look at what all went into that game? They had a good video about the fireworks, lights, and the choreography with the music. No way Mikey would have paid someone to do that job before, lol.

Yup

I can remember not that long ago many debates on IF things will be any different when the kids take over? Well, so far, they've taken a complete 180. And it's so great to see!

There's still many strides to be made. But we've taken some giant strides in the right direction, finally. So awesome.

Kudo's and bravo zulu ladies.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 03:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I can remember not that long ago many debates on IF things will be any different when the kids take over? Well, so far, they've taken a complete 180. And it's so great to see!

There's still many strides to be made. But we've taken some giant strides in the right direction, finally. So awesome.

Kudo's and bravo zulu ladies.

I'd say it's more like a 270, lol, but I agree. How many years did we complain about no RoH? They are really running with the ball, and with their backgrounds, I'd say it will continue to improve in leaps and bounds. The good organizations sell tickets and merch even when they are having a down year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how you can knock Paul Brown for not getting free agents to come to Cincinnati when free agency didn't exist in the NFL until after his death, unless you mean the extremely limited free agency that existed in the last three years of his life that not that many players moved around on.
Reply/Quote
So happy to see Mike Brown turn over the operation to these women.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 10:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bfine be like

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...ipo=images]

One of the best college rants ever,

But pales in comparison to:

He actually says boys at the beginning; hopefully no one take offense. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote