Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliot Harrison Bengals Bold Predictions
Ok first the guy has the right to his predictions but he is so consistent in predicting negative for the Bengals and positive for the Steelers it just makes me laugh.  Before, I read the so called "bold predictions" I already figured Bengals would be a "bad" one and Steelers would be a "good" one and of course I was correct..

Can someone find say 2 articles over the last five years that this guy has wrote that actually was positive about the Bengals..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820687/article/afc-bold-predictions-tom-brady-breaks-barrier-raiders-roll
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My bold prediction this season is that someone will misspell bold even without the help of spell check.. 

In fact I would be just fine if the term 'Bold prediction' was struck from the English language and replaced with 'wishful thinking'.. 

His entire premise is based on 2 linemen, period. I would say that's lazy predicting, but I don't want to downgrade the word lazy. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 11:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok first the guy has the right to his predictions but he is so consistent in predicting negative for the Bengals and positive for the Steelers it just makes me laugh.  Before, I read the so called "bold predictions" I already figured Bengals would be a "bad" one and Steelers would be a "good" one and of course I was correct..

Can someone find say 2 articles over the last five years that this guy has wrote that actually was positive about the Bengals..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820687/article/afc-bold-predictions-tom-brady-breaks-barrier-raiders-roll

Makes me feel even more optimistic about this season, this guy is wrong nearly all the time.

He predicts we win less games than last year and predicts that LeVeon Bell will stay healthy all year long...

:andy:
Reply/Quote
I mean IF Ced and Bodine struggle a lot this year...we will have trouble protecting Dalton and trouble running the ball and we could win 6 games.

I tend to think the line will play better though.

On paper we do have A LOT of talent.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 04:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I mean IF Ced and Bodine struggle a lot this year...we will have trouble protecting Dalton and trouble running the ball and we could win 6 games.

I tend to think the line will play better though.

On paper we do have A LOT of talent.

Thats the thing though, all these guys think that Og is not going to improve. Already hearing good things about him
this Offseason. Lets see when the pads come on but it is not like Og doesn't have talent and hasn't been putting in the
work this year with his first full Offseason being able to work. Plus we can use TE's to help him out at times.

Everyone knows how i feel about Bodine but a healthy Boling to his left should help and if Andre can stay healthy he
should be an upgrade in the running game.

Adding Mixon and Ross and Eifert and AJ being healthy i don't understand how someone could think we will have a
worse record than last year. This guy is a Steeler fan hoping for the best, being Bell staying healthy.

Watch Burfict end his season again this year lol
Reply/Quote
Usually like Elliot, and while I can't say that his prediction is going to be totally wrong (it's actually a fair prediction), it did piss me off that we are the only AFC team in the article to have a negative prediction... Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats the thing though, all these guys think that Og is not going to improve. Already hearing good things about him
this Offseason. Lets see when the pads come on but it is not like Og doesn't have talent and hasn't been putting in the
work this year with his first full Offseason being able to work. Plus we can use TE's to help him out at times.

Everyone knows how i feel about Bodine but a healthy Boling to his left should help and if Andre can stay healthy he

Adding Mixon and Ross and Eifert and AJ being healthy i don't understand how someone could think we will have a
worse record than last year. This guy is a Steeler fan hoping for the best, being Bell staying healthy.

I agree totally. Why people think defenses will just be able to pin their ears back and come screaming in this year amazes me. We are loaded with speed at skill positions. They think coordinators don't know this?? Also I think the O-line will be fine.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 05:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree totally. Why people think defenses will just be able to pin their ears back and come screaming in this year amazes me. We are loaded with speed at skill positions. They think coordinators don't know this?? Also I think the O-line will be fine.

I think so too, Og and Fisher look like different Tackles this year, buff and mean.

They blitz and they will pay, Receivers weren't getting seperation last year until Core got playing time.

Newsflash... Og is no longer at RT, he is at LT where more athletic players are needed and he has looked
good and we got John Ross and Josh Malone. These guys can get seperation along with Green and Core.

And Eifert is back and we also added Joe Mixon.

I truly believe Stealer fans like this will be in for a grave disappointment this year underestimating us.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats the thing though, all these guys think that Og is not going to improve. Already hearing good things about him

Hell bell being healthy aint the problem right now the steelers aren't paying the man...
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hell bell being healthy aint the problem right now the steelers aren't paying the man...

Still huh?

When healthy he is one of the best in the league, they better pay him.
Reply/Quote
Wish I hadn't even read that. SOS
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 11:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok first the guy has the right to his predictions but he is so consistent in predicting negative for the Bengals and positive for the Steelers it just makes me laugh.  Before, I read the so called "bold predictions" I already figured Bengals would be a "bad" one and Steelers would be a "good" one and of course I was correct..

Here's my bold prediction:  Many a media douche bag will take shots at the Bengals in order to up their clicks by steelers fans, who don't have anything like a job or a life....
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 07:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here's my bold prediction:  Many a media douche bag will take shots at the Bengals in order to up their clicks by steelers fans, who don't have anything like a job or a life....

Saw on NFL.com today that their backup RB is selling out the most jerseys of any rookie in the league...

Big surprise. So many idiot bandwagon fans they have, truly lemmings.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Saw on NFL.com today that their backup RB is selling out the most jerseys of any rookie in the league...

If I were a steeler fan ( Confused), I would buy his jersey, too.  He is a class guy that is a true team-first player that overcame a cancer diagnosis to play his senior year.  I loved the guy....but he sold his soul to the devil and I must now hate him.  

Sorry, James, it is no different than when Ohio State Great Ryan Shazier went there....he will get on the juice and become an instant asshole.   Nervous
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 06:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still huh?

When healthy he is one of the best in the league, they better pay him.

That offense is insanely tough to stop when Bell is healthy.

Martavis Bryant is back too so they have a deep threat again too.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 08:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Saw on NFL.com today that their backup RB is selling out the most jerseys of any rookie in the league...

As much as I hate Pittsburgh I can't help but respect James Conner though. He beat cancer while in college, beat it, and still was able to play well enough to get drafted to a NFL team. I would defiantly buy his jersey if I was a Steelers fan.
Reply/Quote
How about this for a bold prediction? Bengals sweep the division and go 13-3.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes me feel even more optimistic about this season, this guy is wrong nearly all the time.

He predicts we win less games than last year and predicts that LeVeon Bell will stay healthy all year long...

:andy:

Do you blame those that do? In many people's eyes, the biggest issue last year was the OL and the Bengals had their best two OL leave in FA.
I'm hopeful that the Bengals do well, but it's not completely shocking to see people predict lower than 6-9-1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 09:51 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: As much as I hate Pittsburgh I can't help but respect James Conner though. He beat cancer while in college, beat it, and still was able to play well enough to get drafted to a NFL team. I would defiantly buy his jersey if I was a Steelers fan.

[Image: 19789999.jpg]

I know it was probably an autocorrect error, but I just couldn't help myself with the meme.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 10:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: 19789999.jpg]

I know it was probably an autocorrect error, but I just couldn't help myself with the meme.

definitely* was an auto correct error, lol. I'm at work right now so I'm not really paying attention.
Reply/Quote