Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headed down to trading camp
Wife and I are headed down to watch practice and have dinner afterward. Anyone else going today?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 02:14 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Wife and I are headed down to watch practice and have dinner afterward.  Anyone else going today?

No, but may go Monday. Have fun and pray for no freak injuries
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 02:14 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Wife and I are headed down to watch practice and have dinner afterward.  Anyone else going today?

Pics and an update. 

WTS: One of the things we are missing is that Bengal Thing used to take some great TC pics. Gonna miss those; unless we have any other aspiring photographers that frequent TC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm on vacation next week. Hmmm....gonna have to check them out.
Reply/Quote
Im going Monday
Reply/Quote
Ok just got home from training camp, dinner and drinks. Here goes my report. Keep in mind I don't profess to be a professional talent evaluator.

As we crossed over the street from where the players come out mixon came out. He got some applause and yells of encouragement. I heard no boos or negative comments towards him. And he looks good. I don't know if hill was pacing himself as a vet or if it was mixons rookie enthusiasm but mixon just seems to to move better. Its inevitable.

This might be the deepest, most athletic group of WRs we've had. I'm not saying the best top 4 or whatever but players cut here will catch on elsewhere I think. Alonzo Russell, Chris brown and Malone made nice plays. Russell stood out among the "lesser" knowns. And John Ross just glides. He knows that burst is there when he needs it.

I suspect mason shreck stays on the ps this year and kroft is gone next year, we'll see, but shreck had some catches today.

Gio looked great, like nothing happened. Burfict looks good. Minter looks short. He's 6ft, 246 he just looked smaller on the field. Josh Evans was running step for step with eifert before losing his footing.

Jonathan brown appeared to be outkicking bullock. Elliot didn't kick on the main field. Maybe he already has the job locked up, I dunno.

The receiving corps seemed to he getting the better of it during most of the day. In the last 11 on 11 the defense kicked it in. Dre and wj3 each had picks. There have been a third.

Alex Redmond looks big, as does fisher. It was tougher evaluating them not in pads.

Now for the last nugget. Carl Lawson. He split his first reps between lb and rde. Then he played mostly at end thereafter. He put an absolute nasty spin move on ced and was right on the qb. In the next session ced held his ground and kept him away. On one play aj caught a perfectly placed ball behind Lawson and in front of Jackson. Lawson looks like a steal.

I'll see what kind of pics I got shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 10:54 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Ok just got home from training camp, dinner and drinks.  Here goes my report.  Keep in mind I don't profess to be a professional talent evaluator.

As we crossed over the street from where the players come out mixon came out.  He got some applause and yells of encouragement.  I heard no boos or negative comments towards him.  And he looks good.  I don't know if hill was pacing himself as a vet or if it was mixons rookie enthusiasm but mixon just seems to to move better.  Its inevitable.  

This might be the deepest, most athletic group of WRs we've had.  I'm not saying the best top 4 or whatever but players cut here will catch on elsewhere I think.  Alonzo Russell, Chris brown and Malone made nice plays.  Russell stood out among the "lesser" knowns.  And John Ross just glides.  He knows that burst is there when he needs it.  

I suspect mason shreck stays on the ps this year and kroft is gone next year, we'll see, but shreck had some catches today.

Gio looked great, like nothing happened.  Burfict looks good.  Minter looks short.  He's 6ft, 246 he just looked smaller on the field.  Josh Evans was running step for step with eifert before losing his footing.

Jonathan brown appeared to be outkicking bullock.  Elliot didn't kick on the main field.  Maybe he already has the job locked up, I dunno.

The receiving corps seemed to he getting the better of it during most of the day.  In the last 11 on 11 the defense kicked it in.  Dre and wj3 each had picks.  There have been a third.

Alex Redmond looks big, as does fisher.  It was tougher evaluating them not in pads.

Now for the last nugget.  Carl Lawson.  He split his first reps between lb and rde.  Then he played mostly at end thereafter.  He put an absolute nasty spin move on ced and was right on the qb.  In the next session ced held his ground and kept him away.  On one play aj caught a perfectly placed ball behind Lawson and in front of Jackson.  Lawson looks like a steal.

Thanks for the report. Remind me to rep you when I'm allowed to do that again. 

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 11:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the report. Remind me to rep you when I'm allowed to do that again. 

Did it for ya. Great feedback B-Zoo.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 10:54 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Ok just got home from training camp, dinner and drinks. Here goes my report. Keep in mind I don't profess to be a professional talent evaluator.

As we crossed over the street from where the players come out mixon came out. He got some applause and yells of encouragement. I heard no boos or negative comments towards him. And he looks good. I don't know if hill was pacing himself as a vet or if it was mixons rookie enthusiasm but mixon just seems to to move better. Its inevitable.

This might be the deepest, most athletic group of WRs we've had. I'm not saying the best top 4 or whatever but players cut here will catch on elsewhere I think. Alonzo Russell, Chris brown and Malone made nice plays. Russell stood out among the "lesser" knowns. And John Ross just glides. He knows that burst is there when he needs it.

Gio looked great, like nothing happened. Burfict looks good. Minter looks short. He's 6ft, 246 he just looked smaller on the field. Josh Evans was running step for step with eifert before losing his footing.

Jonathan brown appeared to be outkicking bullock. Elliot didn't kick on the main field. Maybe he already has the job locked up, I dunno.

The receiving corps seemed to he getting the better of it during most of the day. In the last 11 on 11 the defense kicked it in. Dre and wj3 each had picks. There have been a third.

Alex Redmond looks big, as does fisher. It was tougher evaluating them not in pads.

Now for the last nugget. Carl Lawson. He split his first reps between lb and rde. Then he played mostly at end thereafter. He put an absolute nasty spin move on ced and was right on the qb. In the next session ced held his ground and kept him away. On one play aj caught a perfectly placed ball behind Lawson and in front of Jackson. Lawson looks like a steal.

I'm thinking about going down today. My better half is working though. Is there enough room to sorta roam around with my 1 year old to keep her occupied?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pics and an update. 

WTS: One of the things we are missing is that Bengal Thing used to take some great TC pics. Gonna miss those; unless we have any other aspiring photographers that frequent TC

Just curious, what happen to Bengal Thing?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 10:54 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Ok just got home from training camp, dinner and drinks.  Here goes my report.  Keep in mind I don't profess to be a professional talent evaluator.

As we crossed over the street from where the players come out mixon came out.  He got some applause and yells of encouragement.  I heard no boos or negative comments towards him.  And he looks good.  I don't know if hill was pacing himself as a vet or if it was mixons rookie enthusiasm but mixon just seems to to move better.  Its inevitable.  

This might be the deepest, most athletic group of WRs we've had.  I'm not saying the best top 4 or whatever but players cut here will catch on elsewhere I think.  Alonzo Russell, Chris brown and Malone made nice plays.  Russell stood out among the "lesser" knowns.  And John Ross just glides.  He knows that burst is there when he needs it.  

Gio looked great, like nothing happened.  Burfict looks good.  Minter looks short.  He's 6ft, 246 he just looked smaller on the field.  Josh Evans was running step for step with eifert before losing his footing.

Jonathan brown appeared to be outkicking bullock.  Elliot didn't kick on the main field.  Maybe he already has the job locked up, I dunno.

The receiving corps seemed to he getting the better of it during most of the day.  In the last 11 on 11 the defense kicked it in.  Dre and wj3 each had picks.  There have been a third.

Alex Redmond looks big, as does fisher.  It was tougher evaluating them not in pads.

Now for the last nugget.  Carl Lawson.  He split his first reps between lb and rde.  Then he played mostly at end thereafter.  He put an absolute nasty spin move on ced and was right on the qb.  In the next session ced held his ground and kept him away.  On one play aj caught a perfectly placed ball behind Lawson and in front of Jackson.  Lawson looks like a steal.

TY for the detailed update

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 12:44 PM)jason Wrote: I'm thinking about going down today. My better half is working though. Is there enough room to sorta roam around with my 1 year old to keep her occupied?

Depends on the crowd. There is a pathway around the end zone that goes to the sideline where the bleachers are.

(07-30-2017, 01:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY for the detailed update

You're welcome
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 12:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just curious, what happen to Bengal Thing?

I think he stuck with the organization sanctioned media such as their FB page. Of course I'm just going from what I heard when the Mothership disbanded. 

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 03:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im going Monday

I am going down today also. I will try and take pics and post. I will be in the VIP tent so hopefully will see Lapham and get some insight from him. He is one of the guys I trust the most to give honest feedback.

For any board members, I will be in the newer AJ Green white jersey, black Bengals shorts and a white Bengals bucket hat if you want to say hello

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 12:50 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just curious, what happen to Bengal Thing?

He's active on Twitter.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
You jinxed Brown!! Bengals cut him today.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 04:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You jinxed Brown!! Bengals cut him today.

In that case pacman appeared to be out covering everyone else

Reply/Quote