Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Elliot cut.....i told ya so
(09-03-2017, 10:58 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Must be nice to be brilliant, humble and a seer.

if someone checks out the mocks you can get a feel for whats the norm....
often a reach & a steal is obvious ....

I have yet to hit a big lotto...but I follow the mocks...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 08:33 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: All hail "The Steve!"

when they announced this pick I was dumbfounded....
as in ..WTF....WHY..?

I saw it as the first real mistake they had made in this draft....
our O-line is our #1 issue.....pick an O-lineman.....not a kicker who's not needed...& the #2 best kicker at that....Gonzalez was clearly ranked higher by everyone....except us....haha

when we do something good, I say good job....
but when we do something I disagree w/ I will say so....it's my right as a fan...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:33 PM)Steve Wrote: when they announced this pick I was dumbfounded....
as in ..WTF....WHY..?

I saw it as the first real mistake they had made in this draft....
our O-line is our #1 issue.....pick an O-lineman.....not a kicker who's not needed...& the #2 best kicker at that....Gonzalez was clearly ranked higher by everyone....except us....haha

when we do something good, I say good job....
but when we do something I disagree w/ I will say so....it's my right as a fan...

Yes it is Steve. It is our right to make sure fans don't throw their shoulder out of place patting themselves too hard on the back?  Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:35 AM)TKUHL Wrote: You are just awesome Steve. You are so right. Congrats man! You are a genius. I'll let you get back to your X-Box. I'm sure it's past your bedtime..
I am 60 years old....don't own an X box & get up & go to work at  4:33 am so sometimes I do go to bed early....
I am no genius....but I follow the mocks...
when the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.....Socrates...
Reply/Quote
I'm not worthy !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes it is Steve. It is our right to make sure fans don't throw their shoulder out of place patting yourself to hard on the back?  Smirk

maybe whenever any of you post something logical I should just attack you for it....??

rip you up ....for being correct.....hahahaha
smh...whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:43 PM)Steve Wrote: maybe whenever any of you post something logical I should just attack you for it....??

smh...whatever

Fans make thousands of predictions every year. You got one correct, great for you. How many have you missed Steve?

It is all in fun though, chill out you are now a legend in your mind so you have impressed yourself so great job.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We're very proud of you, Steve.

I would like to point out, however, that you were inches from being incorrect.

[Image: mmiFFy4.jpg]

If Elliot makes that 60 yard kick as time expires, he's our kicker right now, not Bullock.

It's a game of inches and he was wide left by maybe 6 of them. If it was a 59 yard kick, he'd be our kicker as well.

We'll get him on the practice squad and he'll be our kicker by next season at the latest, I imagine. He's got a leg on him that Bullock simply doesn't have.

Rookie kickers are still rookies after all.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should just make an "I Told You So" permanent thread.

It would be right up there with the best of poster rant ones.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hey Steve, I think it was the " I told you so ", that riled some fellow fans,but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:43 PM)Steve Wrote: maybe whenever any of you post something logical I should just attack you for it....??

smh...whatever

Yeah but...you said "i told you so". 

If you're 60, you know that's never a good tactic to take. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We're very proud of you, Steve.

If Elliot makes that 60 yard kick as time expires, he's our kicker right now, not Bullock.

It's a game of inches and he was wide left by maybe 6 of them. If it was a 59 yard kick, he'd be our kicker as well.

We'll get him on the practice squad and he'll be our kicker by next season at the latest, I imagine. He's got a leg on him that Bullock simply doesn't have.

I thought the same thing. If Elliott makes that kick, regardless of how the preseason went, he was going to be the guy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
For some reason, this thread makes me think of that Adam Sandler song - Steve Polychronopolous. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We're very proud of you, Steve.

Not sure if this was the kick but didn't he make the first attempt but a timeout was called? I know it doesn't matter, just curious. It was a TO or penalty pushing it back.
Reply/Quote

smh...whatever

Maybe you could have left off the "told ya so"....seeing as that's usually the realm of 6 yr olds and vindictive women.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:28 AM)Steve Wrote: I think I was the first one to come out & complain about the Bengals "wasting" a 5th rd pick on Elliot....
& I even stated that imo, he wouldn't even be able to beat out Bullock.....

I wish him well......I hope he signs w/ another team & has a great career....

I love this draft overall....but hate this rd #5 pick.....just wasted it.... Gaah

Steve...not to burst your 'I told ya so' bubble...but basically EVERYONE who follows football criticized the Bengals for not drafting Gonzalez who was the top rated prospect.

There were a few optimistic fans...aka homers who were like 'I'll trust Simmons.'

The story isn't written on Elliott yet. You don't keep a kicker on the practice squad unless he could one day be on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 04:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure if this was the kick but didn't he make the first attempt but a timeout was called? I know it doesn't matter, just curious. It was a TO or penalty pushing it back.
It was a penalty that pushed it back.
But that was the first time he missed.

This was the 60 yard "May as well try to win" kick as time expired that he very nearly made.

I still think Elliot should have been chosen to be the kicker, but I understand that, if you're going to hold a competition between a free agent and a draft pick, you can't rig the competition such that the free agent makes almost every kick you ask him to make and his opponent misses several and you still pick his opponent.

That would be dishonorable in a way Lewis probably never would allow.

Elliot is officially on the practice squad now. I think the Elliot hype starts the second Bullock misses a kick he should have made (I.E. less than 50 yarder).
Reply/Quote
It's kind of crazy to me how many of you other posters would have chosen Elliott as our kicker because he was a rookie and drafted. He was pretty terrible in camp and the games.

The knock on him in college is that he was good from long range and inconsistent from mid-range.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 04:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's kind of crazy to me how many of you other posters would have chosen Elliott as our kicker because he was a rookie and drafted. He was pretty terrible in camp and the games.

The knock on him in college is that he was good from long range and inconsistent from mid-range.

I didn't want Bullock because he chokes on game winners.  We've suffered through that enough.  Since Simmons chose Bullock, I assume that means he made a mistake on this draft pick and I respect that.  But there were still other options out there besides Bullock.  I wish we would have explored that. Edit: I am in Japan and just woke up so I didn't know Elliott was on the PS. I guess they think there's still a chance with him.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 04:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Steve...not to burst your 'I told ya so' bubble...but basically EVERYONE who follows football criticized the Bengals for not drafting Gonzalez who was the top rated prospect.

There were a few optimistic fans...aka homers who were like 'I'll trust Simmons.'

The story isn't written on Elliott yet. You don't keep a kicker on the practice squad unless he could one day be on the roster.

I do trust Simmons though.  Although I don't see the point of keeping a kicker on the PS. I would use those spots for other positions.  And I don't classify myself as a homer.  Homers think we're going 11 -5 this year and making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote