Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Elon Musk Twitter
(06-06-2023, 02:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, this is what is frustrating about our social media world that we live in. If you asked 100 liberals and/or progressives "Hey, if you are a straight, cis man would you be interested in dating a trans woman (especially pre-operation)?" my belief is that the vast majority of them would say no. If you asked them "does that make you transphobic" my belief is that the overwhelming answer would, again, be no.

Enjoyment of sex and attraction to a certain type of genitals is important but also the topic of biological children which many relationships ultimately see as a goal once married etc also plays a big part.

But if you go on twitter and say that, the 1% or 0.1% of the movement that does think this is transphobic will find you.

And this can be said of any ideology, left or right. It's what makes discussing politics so complicated.

To the bold, Personally I don't think people who say "eh, I'm not attracted to trans people" are the ones who are being called bigots as much as the ones who accuse trans people of grooming, pedophilia, etc. Or the ones writing laws to ban them transitioning at all.

I'd file it under "if the shoe fits".  Not everyone who is against the trans lifestyle is necessarily a bigot.  But there are more than a few who are.  If you (universal) are not one of them you're not a bigot no matter who calls you that.

And I 100% agree with you on this:

(06-06-2023, 02:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: All I want is respect and dignity for all people regardless of their sex or gender identity and I think that's the goal of most people. It's just a shame that people like Matt Walsh on the right and the people you mentioned on the left do not allow for that goal to be reached.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 02:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Where and when did I say you were "far right"?  Or are you doing that think where you make something up that someone else said and then play victim?

I said you defend many right wing positions under the guise of being disgusted with where you live.  You defend Musk at every opportunity.  No lies found in what I said.

"Self-reflection", as you say, is hard I guess.

To refresh your memory, it was Bel that said that, not me.  He stated that if I lived in VA I'd likely be a mainstream Democrat and that CA's brand of "liberalism" had turned me off of them.  It certainly made sense, but I was not the progenitor of this concept, nor do I use it as a shield for my positions.  I don't toe any party line and my personal positions put me at odds with both parties.  So your claiming otherwise is based on nothing but your own perception and not based on reality, and I'll leave it at that.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 02:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: To refresh your memory, it was Bel that said that, not me.  He stated that if I lived in VA I'd likely be a mainstream Democrat and that CA's brand of "liberalism" had turned me off of them.  It certainly made sense, but I was not the progenitor of this concept, nor do I use it as a shield for my positions.  I don't toe any party line and my personal positions put me at odds with both parties.  So your claiming otherwise is based on nothing but your own perception and not based on reality, and I'll leave it at that.

So you don't want to answer where you say I called you "far right".  Got it.

It doesn't matter who said it first you agree, do you not?  

Again.  I told no lies.  

And it's completely off the point of the thread short of you choosing to defend Musk from any and all facts based on the argument of "freedom of speech" which Musk is not doing with Twitter.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 03:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you don't want to answer where you say I called you "far right".  Got it.

You didn't, my mistake.

Quote:It doesn't matter who said it first you agree, do you not?  

Again.  I told no lies.  

Actually it matters quite a bit since you accuse me of using it as a shield of some kind.  I do think his point has some validity, yes.  But, as I've stated endlessly, I have views that both parties find unpalatable and neither party comes close to reflecting my person values.

Quote:And it's completely off the point of the thread short of you choosing to defend Musk from any and all facts based on the argument of "freedom of speech" which Musk is not doing with Twitter.

No, I literally don't believe left leaning news sources when it comes to Musk.  As I stated earlier they have a clear agenda and ideologues hate nothing more than an apostate.  The instant shift in the tone of their coverage of him the minute he stepped away from their belief system is as clear an indicator of their agenda as could exist.  You disagree, cool.  I just don't see how anyone paying attention didn't notice it.
Reply/Quote
More "Freedom"!

[Image: FzJBBvkX0AEJdI7?format=jpg&name=medium]

Note:  Sane people understand that private companies can do as they please w/o violating your right to free speech.  Some feel that Musk was bringing "free speech" back to Twitter.

Carry on.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 09:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: More "Freedom"!

Note:  Sane people understand that private companies can do as they please w/o violating your right to free speech.  Some feel that Musk was bringing "free speech" back to Twitter.

Carry on.

Oof.

Elon is such a crazy person.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 12:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oof.

Elon is such a crazy person.

I have to say that it's pretty interesting seeing the richest man on the planet(?) spend his time online arguing and falling down alt right and conspiracy internet rabbit holes as if he were a run of the mill broke-ass dime-a-dozen incel dude.

What does it avail a man to gain a fortune and lose his soul?
- Mark 8: 34-38......and/or Loggins & Messina
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 12:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to say that it's pretty interesting seeing the richest man on the planet(?) spend his time online arguing and falling down alt right and conspiracy internet rabbit holes as if he were a run of the mill broke-ass dime-a-dozen incel dude.

What does it avail a man to gain a fortune and lose his soul?
- Mark 8: 34-38......and/or Loggins & Messina

I don't know if it's 100% linked to his trans child disowning him, but it has to be at least 75% of the reason he's gone so crazy. That was sometime in mid 2022 and I feel like that's right around the time that Elon lost his mind (He "left the democrats" in May 2022. That alone isn't necessarily crazy, but I think that was the beginning of his descent down the alt right pipeline). I think Elon's leftist girlfriend Grimes also left him in mid 2022, so that may have been a factor as well?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 12:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know if it's 100% linked to his trans child disowning him, but it has to be at least 75% of the reason he's gone so crazy. That was sometime in mid 2022 and I feel like that's right around the time that Elon lost his mind (He "left the democrats" in May 2022. That alone isn't necessarily crazy, but I think that was the beginning of his descent down the alt right pipeline). I think Elon's leftist girlfriend Grimes also left him in mid 2022, so that may have been a factor as well?

It may be a chicken and egg thing.  Do people become insufferable internet zombie misery-eaters and peddlers because they have social and family fallings out, or do they have the falling out because they are the type who can fall into the wormhole?

Or is Elon living his best life and I'm just a hater?  Questions abound.

I do know that folks who fall into any sort of destructive addition/cycle usually have good stories as to how they got low enough to turn to the things they do, but we as a society also tend to tell them to quit bitching and pull themselves out of the gutter, so to speak.  Mike Lindell is currently a better example of this than Elon, but at this rate Elon could really keep on keeping on this path. 
Reply/Quote
So this dude chose to train him to ... a cage fight a man who is under arrest for human trafficking.

Always the best people too there ...

That century s*cks.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 05:45 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: So this dude chose to train him to ... a cage fight a man who is under arrest for human trafficking.

Always the best people too there ...

That century s*cks.

If they actually end up fighting, Zuckerberg will win quite easily. He will just take Elon down and submit him.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 08:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: If they actually end up fighting, Zuckerberg will win quite easily. He will just take Elon down and submit him.

No way Elon does this. He will say it was a joke bro and hus fan base will declare him a genius troll.  Or he puts him self in a spot where Zuckerberg can legally put him in a coma or the morgue in order to repair his own tarnished image. 

Thinking you can beat up or hold your own against a trained fighter is some 13 year old boy brained stuff. If he is even remotely serious, damn. 
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 12:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know if it's 100% linked to his trans child disowning him, but it has to be at least 75% of the reason he's gone so crazy. That was sometime in mid 2022 and I feel like that's right around the time that Elon lost his mind (He "left the democrats" in May 2022. That alone isn't necessarily crazy, but I think that was the beginning of his descent down the alt right pipeline). I think Elon's leftist girlfriend Grimes also left him in mid 2022, so that may have been a factor as well?

I've raised both possibilities as well.  Of course, there's the obvious possibility as well, that he thinks the current iteration of the left has gone too far.  he'd hardly be alone in this.  And it could be a mix of two or all three.  Either way he's an adult and none of us are his boss, so he can spend his time doing whatever he likes.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 09:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: More "Freedom"!

Carry on.

Since purchasing Twitter, the once staunch free speech absolutist has embraced censorship to a rather ironic degree. 

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've raised both possibilities as well.  Of course, there's the obvious possibility as well, that he thinks the current iteration of the left has gone too far.  he'd hardly be alone in this.  And it could be a mix of two or all three.  Either way he's an adult and none of us are his boss, so he can spend his time doing whatever he likes.

Oh for sure. He can say whatever he wants, it's his life. I just find it funny that he's "pro freedom of speech" and then does this. It makes me wonder...maybe he is pro certain types of speech but maybe not other types. Maybe it isn't based in principal but is more ideological, which made me wonder what caused that shift in his ideology. He's not the first person to espouse "freedom of speech" when he really meant "the people who think like me should not be punished for speaking like me, but I still want to censor people who disagree with me."
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2023, 12:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh for sure. He can say whatever he wants, it's his life. I just find it funny that he's "pro freedom of speech" and then does this. It makes me wonder...maybe he is pro certain types of speech but maybe not other types. Maybe it isn't based in principal but is more ideological, which made me wonder what caused that shift in his ideology. He's not the first person to espouse "freedom of speech" when he really meant "the people who think like me should not be punished for speaking like me, but I still want to censor people who disagree with me."

It's not just Musk, but a lot of our me-first society's ideology is "I love freedom, but I want XYZ to be blocked or banned and I'm not a hypocrite, because those things are bad and therefore wanting them banned isn't anti-freedom."  It's a mindset where you want to ban something, but you have a good reason that makes things better/safer/more free but when other people want to ban stuff it's because they are freedom haters who just want to force their will upon others.

That and a lot of people think that a country is free if they are free.  I always ask people who love freedom to tell me something that is legal or unregulated that they hate or disagree with.  If they can accept that, that's a good start.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2023, 12:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh for sure. He can say whatever he wants, it's his life. I just find it funny that he's "pro freedom of speech" and then does this. It makes me wonder...maybe he is pro certain types of speech but maybe not other types. Maybe it isn't based in principal but is more ideological, which made me wonder what caused that shift in his ideology. He's not the first person to espouse "freedom of speech" when he really meant "the people who think like me should not be punished for speaking like me, but I still want to censor people who disagree with me."

The same could be said for this sub-forum as well.  People tolerate behavior from their ideological "allies" that they immediately attack in their "opponents".  As Nately said above, this is a rather prevalent attitude in today's society.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2023, 01:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The same could be said for this sub-forum as well.  People tolerate behavior from their ideological "allies" that they immediately attack in their "opponents".  As Nately said above, this is a rather prevalent attitude in today's society.

Today's society?  Meh, people have been waving the American flag at "MAKE X ILLEGAL!" rallies for quite some time, haven't they?  This is nothing new.  Freedom and free speech have been treated like marketing buzzwords, and marketing cheapens everything.  You put freedom or America or Jesus on any product and you've got yourself some instant cred and instant sales.

We're marks.
Reply/Quote
Elon destroyed his tool again.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 02:58 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Elon destroyed his tool again.

Oh you!  Musk didn't need those employees who knew how to keep it running!  He's a genius!  Ninja
Reply/Quote