Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email Nigerian Prince Found
http://wgno.com/2017/12/29/nigerian-prince-email-scammer-arrested-in-slidell/

Quote:‘Nigerian prince’ email scammer arrested in Slidell

[Image: michael-neu.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=3...&strip=all]

Quote:A 67-year-old Slidell man who served as a go-between for an international team of scammers running a “Nigerian prince” email scheme has been arrested after an 18-month investigation.

Michael Neu, who is neither Nigerian nor a prince, has been charged with 269 counts of wire fraud and money laundering.
Neu helped shuttle fraudulently obtained money to his co-conspirators, some of whom actually do live in Nigeria, according to the Slidell Police Department.
The ubiquitous scheme, which begins when an email is sent to an unsuspecting recipient the scammers claim has been named as the beneficiary in a will, is designed to collect personal information that is then used to steal money and identities online.
The scheme nets millions of dollars each year, according to the SPD, and is difficult to track since many of the participants operate outside of the United States.
“If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is,” Slidell Police Chief Randy Fandal said. “Never give out personal information over the phone, through e-mail, cash checks for other individuals, or wire large amounts of money to someone you don’t know. 99.9 percent of the time, it’s a scam.”
Other versions of the scam involve people claiming to represent law enforcement agencies or utility companies.
To avoid identity theft scams like this, always ask for a callback number and verify the identity of the person attempting to collect the information, according to the SPD.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
It's pretty amazing that there are that many people who continue to fall for this given it's probably THE most famous scam out there.
But just a numbers game.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 09:48 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's pretty amazing that there are that many people who continue to fall for this given it's probably THE most famous scam out there.
But just a numbers game.

Maybe It's just me, but I don't think he look like a Nigerian Prince. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 10:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Maybe It's just me, but I don't think he look like a Nigerian Prince. Ninja

C'mon man, who are we to judge anyone by their appearance? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 10:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Maybe It's just me, but I don't think he look like a Nigerian Prince. Ninja

Ida know, if Nigeria actually had a price I'd expect it to be some British guy since I recall hearing about the British colonizing Africa or something.  10th grade Eastern Cultures is way in my rearview mirror. Anyways, that guy looks more like Myron Cope than royalty.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, who are we to judge anyone by their appearance? 

(12-30-2017, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, if Nigeria actually had a price I'd expect it to be some British guy since I recall hearing about the British colonizing Africa or something.  10th grade Eastern Cultures is way in my rearview mirror.  Anyways, that guy looks more like Myron Cope than royalty.

I dunno. Might be the nasty grey t-shirt. Not a very princely look, eh. I'm sure Prince would never have worn that at a performance!!!
Reply/Quote

Just a fluffer....
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote

More like a nigeriatric prince.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a player who claims to be an actual Nigerian prince..Oni Omoile.. look him up..
https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2016/5/3/11580208/2016-raiders-udfa-profile-oni-omoile-ol-iowa-st
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 09:48 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's pretty amazing that there are that many people who continue to fall for this given it's probably THE most famous scam out there.
But just a numbers game.

An unfortunate percentage of human beings are infuriatingly gullible and all too willing to succumb to those who seek to exploit them and profit off their credulity.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:07 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: An unfortunate percentage of human beings are infuriatingly gullible and all too willing to succumb to those who seek to exploit them and profit off their 
Gullibility comes in many different flavors and we're all susceptible to it even though very few people will admit to it. 
Think back to some of the nonsense you were probably taught in grade school and beyond and believed. It usually starts off with believing some fat guy in a red suit would magically slide down the chimney with a bag full of gifts and do it all night long until all the good little boys and girls wishes were satisfied around the world. But wait! Did you do something naughty you'd forgotten some time in the past year to get crossed off the list? Well sure! Santa only visits perfect little boys and girls homes and poor kids from poor families are just never perfect enough..
Most people like to believe that there's some rich uncle they've never met ready and willing to just toss them the huge fortune immediately upon his demise because, well, they deserve to suddenly become mega rich for absolutely no reason whatsoever.. 
Plenty of you will buy the next lottery ticket thinking that the odds are going to magically favor you because after all, somebody has to win it despite the fact that you probably stand a better chance of a million dollars just being blown into your hand during a hurricane in Nebraska in the dead of winter..
You probably have a better chance of finding a 4 leaf clover growing somewhere in PBS between the sidelines even though it's artificial turf..but don't let that dissuade you from dreaming. Someone has to win and it might as well be you, right? 
You actually probably stand a better chance of an actual Nigerian prince giving you all that loot than winning the lottery, but at least with a $1 ticket bought with cash at your local neighborhood gas station your identity isn't put up for auction by nefarious goons online.. 
Don't worry..when old Mikey finally kicks the bucket one lucky member of thebengalsboard.com will inherit the ownership of the entire team.. Right?   That's the only reason I'm a member. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:54 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: http://wgno.com/2017/12/29/nigerian-prince-email-scammer-arrested-in-slidell/

[Image: michael-neu.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=3...&strip=all]

damn he found 269 people dumb enough to fall for it

that's the real gem in all this
Reply/Quote