Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embrace the rebuild ?
The blaming of Mike Brown or the Bengals FO for not trying is absurd to me.

Are they perfect? Nope. Plenty of hindsight to look back at to realize that. But the people filling their pants over a new QB and a rebuild are probably the same people who were pulling their hair out in Spring, 2011. Where was all of the "Mike Brown/Tobin sucks" after that season all the way through 2015? Where was it 2004-2009? The Bengals have had outstanding rosters since around 2005 until the last few (2, really) bad seasons.

The immediate hatred towards the front office of the Bengals who just a few short years ago were starting to be mentioned as a top organization in the NFL is BS. The Bengals have a QB problem and missed on 3 high OL draft picks and have had bad years following. It will take time to fix it but, as others have pointed out, in today's NFL it doesn't take long to do so.

This 1-whatever season couldn't have come at a better time as the QB prospects coming out this year are outstanding. What an opportunity to strengthen a weakness at the most important position in sports! Anyone not excited for the 2020 Bengals and beyond is crazy to me. Teams have bad years and bounce back. This is the perfect first step to do so.

Sorry, not trying to be all uppity about it, but my goodness. The bad season is what it is - OVER WITH, and the fact that a new QB is coming to (hopefully) be here another 10+ years is exciting. Andy Dalton wasn't taking the Bengals out of the first round and he wasn't making a down roster into winners. He's not good enough. Time to give another prospect a shot at it. Ohio born kid who is lighting it up on the biggest stages and in the toughest conference and you guys are mad? Find a new perspective. Holy $%*#.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 02:12 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Sure... you can do that.  However it would fully expose you as the hypocrite that you are then.  Since it will prove that you just didn't like Andy for 9 years.

Sarcasm eludes you. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 12:00 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: I disagree. Go thru our roster and name the players that would be STARTERS on a playoff-caliber team.

Offense: Mixon, Boyd, AJ and maybe Eifert.

Defense: Geno, Carlos and maybe one more

So out of 22 Bengal starters, we have 5 (23%) that could start for a playoff team. And to make matters worse, the majority of the rest of our starters might not even MAKE the roster of a playoff team.

So, no, we are not 1-2 players away ... we are 10-15 players away. And let's not forget that 3 of the 5 above are on the wrong side of 30.

Bates, Williams, Hubbard, Lawson and Jackson III could all be starters on any team. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 02:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The blaming of Mike Brown or the Bengals FO for not trying is absurd to me.

Are they perfect? Nope. Plenty of hindsight to look back at to realize that. But the people filling their pants over a new QB and a rebuild are probably the same people who were pulling their hair out in Spring, 2011. Where was all of the "Mike Brown/Tobin sucks" after that season all the way through 2015? Where was it 2004-2009? The Bengals have had outstanding rosters since around 2005 until the last few (2, really) bad seasons.

The immediate hatred towards the front office of the Bengals who just a few short years ago were starting to be mentioned as a top organization in the NFL is BS. The Bengals have a QB problem and missed on 3 high OL draft picks and have had bad years following. It will take time to fix it but, as others have pointed out, in today's NFL it doesn't take long to do so.

This 1-whatever season couldn't have come at a better time as the QB prospects coming out this year are outstanding. What an opportunity to strengthen a weakness at the most important position in sports! Anyone not excited for the 2020 Bengals and beyond is crazy to me. Teams have bad years and bounce back. This is the perfect first step to do so.

Sorry, not trying to be all uppity about it, but my goodness. The bad season is what it is - OVER WITH, and the fact that a new QB is coming to (hopefully) be here another 10+ years is exciting. Andy Dalton wasn't taking the Bengals out of the first round and he wasn't making a down roster into winners. He's not good enough. Time to give another prospect a shot at it. Ohio born kid who is lighting it up on the biggest stages and in the toughest conference and you guys are mad? Find a new perspective. Holy $%*#.

The perfect post....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: The bengals kind of remind me of some old radio episode.. Dike Drown, the master schemer quickly realizes his mistakes and commits to making the same mistakes over...and over...and over...and over until one day much to everyone's chagrin he lives forever instead of just dying..  Stay tuned to next weeks exciting episode when Dike makes the same mistakes over...and over..and over...and over...  ThumbsUp  

Just curious gramahol, why do you still watch?  

Like others, I don't think Mike Brown is a very capable owner, however if I had that much disdain for the man I sure as heck wouldn't pay attention to the product he's pushing out there.  Seems like you would rather muddle in the misery he causes you.  I don't get it.  I assume you are a fan otherwise you wouldn't be posting on this board.  Do you feel better by constantly bashing Mike Brown?  If so that's really sad.  Sad that somebody has that much impact on you. 

Just odd to me that's all.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 02:23 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Just curious gramahol, why do you still watch?  

Like others, I don't think Mike Brown is a very capable owner, however if I had that much disdain for the man I sure as heck wouldn't pay attention to the product he's pushing out there.  Seems like you would rather muddle in the misery he causes you.  I don't get it.  I assume you are a fan otherwise you wouldn't be posting on this board.  Do you feel better by constantly bashing Mike Brown?  If so that's really sad.  Sad that somebody has that much impact on you. 

Just odd to me that's all.

I wonder that about a lot of posters here, who come on daily and wallow in misery. There are 31 other NFL teams to root for, if you don't like this one, nobody is holding a gun to your head to remain. If it's that miserable, why not move on?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 02:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I wonder that about a lot of posters here, who come on daily and wallow in misery. There are 31 other NFL teams to root for, if you don't like this one, nobody is holding a gun to your head to remain. If it's that miserable, why not move on?

I think some are born with glasses half full and some half empty. I think the half empty go to empty when things don't go their way which is very sad. We live on the greatest country on earth, look around there is always something to be positive about in the worst of times. There are also those who really suffer like Marvin Jones and his family losing an infant or others who lose their parents, brothers, sisters or close friends.

I choose to be an optimist and like to surround myself with optimists. It is tough in this forum at times, but I am optimistic people can change and enjoy life and not live it in misery. I hope and pray for them, I want everyone to enjoy life.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 02:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sarcasm eludes you. 

If only there were something to show sarcasm.... Ninja Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No one is saying there's zero talent on this team, however:

Geno Atkins - 11th season next year
Carlos Dunlap - 11th
AJ Green - 10th season next year and has serious injury history.
John Ross - is poster child of unreliability
Dre Kirkpatrick - 9th season and is among the leagues worst tacklers at DB, among other things.
Bobby Hart is just bad
Cordy Glenn I just don't trust.

We need two or three LBers

And the list goes on.
So do we draft Burrow or do we use Burrow’s popularity to trade that #1 pick and get more picks? There could be a bidding war for Burrow and we have a lot of missing pieces. I really can’t decide.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So do we draft Burrow or do we use Burrow’s popularity to trade that #1 pick and get more picks? There could be a bidding war for Burrow and we have a lot of missing pieces.  I really can’t decide.

It is a great question. I say if we think he is a potential HOF or great QB, we take Joe.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Build around the Joe’s!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 06:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So do we draft Burrow or do we use Burrow’s popularity to trade that #1 pick and get more picks? There could be a bidding war for Burrow and we have a lot of missing pieces.  I really can’t decide.

If I had any faith in our Owner/GM, Tobin, F.O. coaching staff I'd say make some trades, have a plan, and so on, I'd say trade it. But I have next to none.

Take Burrow
Reply/Quote