Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Emergency" RBs on our roster
Here are the college stats for a few guys on our roster.

Jeff Dreiskel…….312 carries, 972 yds, 3.1 avg, 14 td
Tyler Boyd...……..63 carries, 520 yds, 8.3 avg, 1 td
Nick Vigil...………..47 carries, 169 yds, 3.6 avg, 4 tds
Brandon Wilson...41 carries, 194 yds, 4.7 avg, 2 tds
Alex Erickson...….11 carries, 124 yds, 11.3 avg, 0 tds
John Ross...……….20 carries, 195 yds, 9.8 avg, 2 td
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here are the college stats for a few guys on our roster.

Jeff Dreiskel…….312 carries, 972 yds, 3.1 avg, 14 td
Tyler Boyd...……..63 carries, 520 yds, 8.3 avg, 1 td
Nick Vigil...………..47 carries, 169 yds, 3.6 avg, 4 tds
Brandon Wilson...41 carries, 194 yds, 4.7 avg, 2 tds
Alex Erickson...….11 carries, 124 yds, 11.3 avg, 0 tds
John Ross...……….20 carries, 195 yds, 9.8 avg, 2 td

As far as lining up and running from the backfield play after play, Brandon Wilson would be the guy.  But what's not to love about what Erickson does when he occasionally gets the chance?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Like Truck was saying the other day I'd love to see them use Erickson a couple times a game and set up a pull up by Erickson where he stops and lofts one to a WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Erickson is who went in at the end of the game when Gio and Walton were both hurt.
Reply/Quote
Call up Quinton Flowers from the taxi squad
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:09 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Call up Quinton Flowers from the taxi squad

^^^^ This, I like this... this, I REALLY like this. DingDing
Reply/Quote
Marvin said on Sirius that Erickson has actually practiced and trained as a RB. I didn't realize that, I just thought they threw him in there.....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 09:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin said on Sirius that Erickson has actually practiced and trained as a RB. I didn't realize that, I just thought they threw him in there.....
He's becoming our swiss army knife. Probably back-up punter/kicker/holder/3rd QB/.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 09:50 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He's becoming our swiss army knife. Probably back-up punter/kicker/holder/3rd QB/.

And the next time Marvin has to miss a game for personal reasons he'll be our emergency HC.. heck, maybe even Mikey will miss time and he can be our emergency team owner... 
Ok..maybe stretching it a bit there..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 09:50 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He's becoming our swiss army knife. Probably back-up punter/kicker/holder/3rd QB/.

Yep, he's just a modern day Kordell Stewart.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 11:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: And the next time Marvin has to miss a game for personal reasons he'll be our emergency HC.. heck, maybe even Mikey will miss time and he can be our emergency team owner... 
Ok..maybe stretching it a bit there..

Who is our current assistant HC btw? I know Paul Alexander had the job for a long time.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 11:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who is our current assistant HC btw? I know Paul Alexander had the job for a long time.

Maybe we're better off without one?  As I remember, they gave PA that title to protect him from being offered coordinator jobs that would potentially lure him away from the organization.  

And besides, technically all assistants coaches are assistants to the Head Coach.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

He WAS a HS QB... so the chances that he'd be the emergency QB is likely. (Wikipedia tells me he was actually first-team all-state QB and DB in HS.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 09:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin said on Sirius that Erickson has actually practiced and trained as a RB. I didn't realize that, I just thought they threw him in there.....

Erickson is our McCAffrey (Panthers) incognito. Ninja
Reply/Quote

(10-05-2018, 11:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, he's just a modern day Kordell Stewart.  Ninja

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10738084]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't like this list of names at NFL running back. There are reasons they are not NFL running backs.

It's very simple. Bengals.com as of Friday before Miami game shows Eifert still on active roster when doctors say he is out for the year. Put Eifert on some kind of injured list and activate one of the practice squad running backs. Do not activate a tight end because team already has enough active tight ends even without Eifert. Accept he is out for season, place him on injured list, activate one of the two practice squad running backs. Do not put team in a position where we have no real running backs healthy and have to use this list of names of players that are not running backs. The team is 3-1 trying to get to 4-1 and Super Bowl. Sorry Eifert is injured for season, but he must go on injured list so team can suit up a much needed running back due to injuries there. I see they are trying to rush Mixon back. Just suit up a practice squad RB. It's not brain surgery stuff. This is why you have practice squad reserve in case of injuries.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote