Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employee96 needs to step up his game
(08-14-2015, 07:53 PM)McC Wrote: I think the problem last year was that he had no help.  Hr missed a few chances last year but who doesn't?  He played his guts out.

This year, if Geno truly is Geno again and having MJ back. 96's game will just naturally stepped up.

I wasn't able to watch the game but i heard Geno was tearing it up...

He he he
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 08:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Dunlap has been good, but I believe the point of this thread is just saying that he should be great.

Carlos Dunlap should be a household name (outside of Cincinnati), and he's not. He's one of the few on this team that I believe can realistically get to that level.

I guarantee he's a household name for opposing OCs, QBs, and O lineman.  I bet his name comes up a lot when they are having film studies.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:01 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wasn't able to watch the game but i heard Geno was tearing it up...

He he he
All 3 plays. Smirk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:05 PM)jason Wrote: All 3 plays. Smirk

Me like, just consistently dominate Geno, that is all we ask...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 08:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Dunlap has been good, but I believe the point of this thread is just saying that he should be great.

This is kind of how I feel.  After his rookie season I was sure we had a guy who was going to be one of the best DEs in the league.

Even though he has been a pretty good player for us I was spoiled by the way he looked his first season.
Reply/Quote
Employee96 is stepping up his game. This is the Dunlap I have been waiting for. Currently he is tied for the lead in sacks, not to mention he seems to be in the backfield all the time. Props to Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:07 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Employee96 is stepping up his game. This is the Dunlap I have been waiting for. Currently he is tied for the lead in sacks, not to mention he seems to be in the backfield all the time. Props to Dunlap.

sad thing is he is still leaving some plays out there! He may have had 3 or 4 sacks if it wasn't Wilson back there last Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Dude is getting after it. Our #1 need next year is another DE on the other side. While MJ is decent, we could upgrade there. MJ is a good rotation guy along with Gilberry.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:07 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Employee96 is stepping up his game. This is the Dunlap I have been waiting for. Currently he is tied for the lead in sacks, not to mention he seems to be in the backfield all the time. Props to Dunlap.

Way to come back give props. He's definitely making his mark with pressures alone.  Thought he was going to get Wilson a few more times yesterday, but the pressure alone was effective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Way to come back give props. He's definitely making his mark with pressures alone.  Thought he was going to get Wilson a few more times yesterday, but the pressure alone was effective.

I gotta give CornerBlitz a lot of props actually....the fact that he dug this thread up to eat his own crow speaks volumes to me.....hell, I had forgotten about it.  He's been singing Andy's praises too.  That's stand up in my book.

Cheers  Here's to you CB.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I gotta give CornerBlitz a lot of props actually....the fact that he dug this thread up to eat his own crow speaks volumes to me.....hell, I had forgotten about it.  He's been singing Andy's praises too.  That's stand up in my book.

Agreed.   Cheers 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I gotta give CornerBlitz a lot of props actually....the fact that he dug this thread up to eat his own crow speaks volumes to me.....hell, I had forgotten about it.  He's been singing Andy's praises too.  That's stand up in my book.

Yup.  If I had to go back on my old Andy posts on the motherboard, I'd have to take a weeks worth of PTO.
Reply/Quote
As I've always stated, I call it like I see it. When players don't play well I call them out, just like I give them props when they do play well. I'm a bengals fan and I want this team to succeed just as much as the next fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:53 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: As I've always stated, I call it like I see it. When players don't play well I call them out just like I give them props when they do play well. I'm a bengals fan and I want this team to succeed just as much as the next fan.

Don't tear a rotator cuff patting yourself on the back.... Tongue

We know....we know.....I also call em that way and eat my crow too. It's still pretty rare for someone to dig up a two month old thread and recant. Just accept the compliment , will ya? LMAO

Reply/Quote
Also.....why does my phone just randomly select large font? LOL

Reply/Quote
I also think Carlos is a really good all-around defensive end, and you'll notice he plays the run very well, too. He was thoroughly dominating the tackle yesterday, and only Wilson's elusiveness saved the Seahawks several more sacks.

It was tough on Carlos last year, when we weren't getting enough pressure up the middle, and quarterbacks could just step up to elude a strong outside rush. There's not as much room to move forward this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 02:14 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I completely agree. I think Dunlap sometimes whiffs and misses a big play, which is unfortunate because he could be a top 5 DE. He has all of the intangibles. I think the games where he disappeared last year had a lot to do with teams taking advantage of the other side of the line.

He SHOULD have 10+ sacks this year, I sure hope so anyways.

Yes, he whiffs at times.

But I loved the way he threw Wilson down like a rag doll Sunday. I don't get the no horse collar rule for a QB in the pocket, but it is a rule. I suggest our DL grab the QB by the collar in the pocket every chance they get and then sling then down just like Dunlap did to Wilson as he ended up on his head.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote