Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End Of Caddyshack Bother Anyone Else?
At the End of Caddyshack, when Danny’s about to putt, Ty tells him that they lose if he misses it and the other two celebrate like they won when the putt looks like it’s not dropping.

How is that possible? Wouldn’t him missing mean that, at worst, they tie?

How could one putt swing it from an outright win to an outright loss?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 03:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At the End of Caddyshack, when Danny’s about to putt, Ty tells him that they lose if he misses it and the other two celebrate like they won when the putt looks like it’s not dropping.

Yeah, I thought in Golf they went to "extra holes", like an overtime session.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm allright.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:44 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: I'm allright.

rep.
Reply/Quote
It was too good of a movie to nitpick the ending.

Fine with it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 03:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At the End of Caddyshack, when Danny’s about to putt, Ty tells him that they lose if he misses it and the other two celebrate like they won when the putt looks like it’s not dropping.

While you are right, the movie was just a comedy about Country Club life. It wasn't really about golf. You take Tin Cup, his swing is the worst in golf movie history. Even in real life he is a shitty golfer.
Reply/Quote
Little movie fact, but the dynamite scene during the putt was a 1 time deal. Yet Danny stayed focus on the putt when he was supposed to be reacting to the explosions around him.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Depends on the bet
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Depends on the bet

Yep. The judge would had to have given a stroke to Ty and Danny in order for their tying putt to be a winner But that wasn't stated in the movie from what I remember.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Depends on the bet
What bet could have made one putt determine the outcome?  
(10-01-2018, 04:06 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yep. The judge would had to have given a stroke to Ty and Danny in order for their tying putt to be a winner But that wasn't stated in the movie from what I remember.

Pretty sure I remember him saying straight up when they first made the bet, but that still doesn't make sense because one putt couldn't have made two strokes to swing one way or the other.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: rep.

fredtoast got it! 
Reply/Quote
I figure a movie that defies the laws of physics, logic and morality can easily get away with defying the rules of golf. So no worries here on the final scene, but I too caught it long ago and wondered how win/lose could come down to one put, unless it was a skins game.
Reply/Quote
There was a gopher. And he laughed. And he danced.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote