Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Season Mock
Free Agency:

Tee Higgins - Franchise Tagged
Jonah Williams - Leaves
Tyler Boyd - Leaves
Chidobe Awuzie - Stays
Down year for Chido but somewhat expected coming off of a major injury. The rough year allows him to be retained for cheaper than expected and keep a veteran presence for a very young secondary. 
DJ Reader - Stays 
1 year prove it deal. Injury allows us to keep him for less than anticipated  
Tanner Hudson - Stays
Played better than expected and gave use a much needed receiving threat at TE. 
Trenton Irwin - Stays
Marcus Bailey - Stays
Drew Sample - Stays
Akeem Davis Gaither - Leaves 
Irv Smith - Leaves
Trayveon Williams - Leaves
Cody Ford - Stays
Jake Browning - Stays
Cal Adomitis - Stays

Notable Outside Free Agents:
Justin Madubuike
[Image: Justin-Madubuike.jpg]
My #1 Free Agent target by a mile. Justin would single handled change the defense by providing something we desperately need, an interior pass rush. Also weakens a division rival.

Noah Fant TE 
[Image: USATSI_19289016.jpg]
Very talented TE who is only 26 and could offer some stability at the position and end the revolving door. 

Raekwon Davis NT 
[Image: dca80279-48d0-4dce-989c-cfb5ab005fb7-Dol...otball.jpg]
A mountain of a man and a true NT who is only 26 and should be very reasonable. He could fill in until DJ is back from injury 

Round 1 Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU 
[Image: USATSI_21728885.jpg]
Going back to my first mock of the year with the selection of Kinglsey Suamataia. With Alt, Olu and Fuaga off the board this would be my selection at RT. Kingsley offers a good mix of experience and potential. He is a natural right tackle and imposes his will on defenders. He switched to Left Tackle in 2023 and had some struggles initially before getting comfortable and greatly improving. The sky's the limit for Kingsley. 

Round 2 Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon
[Image: GettyImages-1741161073-scaled-e1702090831304.jpg]
JPJ is quickly becoming my favorite center prospect since Tyler Linderbaum. Remington Trophy Winner, Associated Press first team All-American and the highest graded center in college football by PFF finishing with a 90.6 pass block grade and an 85.2 run block grade are some of his 2023 accomplishments. Great blend of athleticism and power and gives great effort play in and play out. Has the ability to play guard as well offering versatility. Comes from an Oregon offense with similarities to what is run here in Cincinnati which should allow for an easier transition to the Pros. Selecting JPJ would give us flexibility. As a rookie, he would step in for Volson at LG  or JPJ at Center and move Karras to LG.

Round 3 Jalen McMillan WR Washington
[Image: FcdOj9yXkAIPc5f.jpg:large]
This is a loaded WR class. I think the Bengals prepped for the departure of Boyd last year by selecting Charlie Jones and Yoshi. However, I think the Bengals will continue to look at WR. McMillan is a very talented WR who has inside and outside versatility but could see himself slip a little on draft day due to down year caused by injury. This would be a great value pick. Jalen could battle Jones for the starting slot role but could also assist on the outside as needed. 

Round 4 Braden Fiske DT FSU
[Image: _CIM8009.0.jpg]
Fiske just makes plays. He won't wow you with his athleticism but he plays with a ton of heart and has a relentless motor. He just wants it more than the guy in front of him. He racked up 6 sacks and could rotate with Hill to provide some push up the middle. Total wouldn't surprise me if he eventually became the heart of the defense. Bye Zach Carter.

Round 5 Jaylen Wright RB Tennessee 
[Image: AP23329801737525.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=1]
Very talented RB. Wright has a deadly combo of great vision and great explosiveness. He is also a good pass catcher and a solid pass blocker. Wright can rotate with Chase Brown in the eventual Running Back by committee approach. 

Round 5c Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn
[Image: 12180811.jpg]
Cornerback depth 

Round 6 Miles Battle Safety Utah
[Image: 11042023_UU_FB_vs_ASU_JB_Finals_33.JPG]
6'4" Cornerback who might find his home as a Safety in the NFL. 

Round 6c Tory Taylor P Iowa
[Image: 71119514007-USATSI_18979020.jpeg?crop=40...&auto=webp]
The Brad Robbins experiment is over. Taylor gives us a competent Punter who can flip field postion. 

Round 7 Steele Chambers LB Ohio State
[Image: 68-steele-chambers.png]
We have lots of free agent LB's, should one leave it would be wise to use a late round selection on a new depth piece in the linebacker core.
Reply/Quote
You definitely love your trenches.
Keeping Reeder, Signing Davis, signing Justin, drafting Branden

First 2 pick on oline.

I love the King @1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
when can you start as the GM?
Reply/Quote
I love picks 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You definitely love your trenches.
Keeping Reeder, Signing Davis, signing Justin, drafting Branden

First 2 pick on oline.

I love the King @1

Yeah I do! Admittedly, I might have went a little overboard especially with the d line but I really do believe the lines are our glaring weakness.

I’m a huge fan of Kingsley, he is easily one of my favorite tackle prospects, I personally would take him over Latham and Mims.
Reply/Quote
I like the Battle and Taylor, who crushes the ball when he punts, picks.
Reply/Quote
I'd be thrilled with this if it's possible. I love what you did in the trenches. Not sure Fisk would be there in the 4th, but I'd love it. We would finally have a talented and deep interior defensive line and would fortify the interior and RT positions

Make it so
Reply/Quote
I would gerk my jerkhin
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 06:50 PM)3wt Wrote: I'd be thrilled with this if it's possible.   I love what you did in the trenches.  Not sure Fisk would be there in the 4th, but I'd love it.  We would finally have a talented and deep interior defensive line and would fortify the interior and RT positions

Make it so

I think you're right. After the week Fiske has had at the Senior Bowl, I imagine he'll go on Day 2.
Reply/Quote