OL D
DL B+
LB B +
CB B
S A -
ST B
Coaching C+
Reply/Quote
Strongly disagree with our safety play grading out the same as QB. Bates was not good at all most of the season. Burrow otoh broke pretty much every franchise record for single season stats, led the league in completion %, and was 2nd to only Rodgers in passer rating. All while being the most sacked QB in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Strongly disagree with our safety play grading out the same as QB. Bates was not good at all most of the season. Burrow otoh broke pretty much every franchise record for single season stats, led the league in completion %, and was 2nd to only Rodgers in passer rating. All while being the most sacked QB in the league.

Defending my grade while Bates struggled first half of season he was 1 of the reasons we were in SB because of his play and combined with Bell is their another tandem better currently in NFL right now? While their is no other QB I would take over Burrow it's undeniable Allen played at a higher level this year for the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: is their another tandem better currently in NFL right now?

Jordan Poyer (2021 1st Team All-Pro)
Micah Hyde (2021 2nd Team All-Pro)

They combined for 10 INT, 19 Pdef, 1 FF, 4.0 sacks, 167 tackles, 12 TFL, 5 QB Hits.  
(Poyer 42.2 QB Rating allowed, Hyde 72.8 QB Rating allowed)

If you care about PFF grades...
Poyer 77.7 (12th)
Hyde 83.8 (5th)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jordan Poyer (2021 1st Team All-Pro)
Micah Hyde (2021 2nd Team All-Pro)

They combined for 10 INT, 19 Pdef, 1 FF, 4.0 sacks, 167 tackles, 12 TFL, 5 QB Hits.  
(Poyer 42.2 QB Rating allowed, Hyde 72.8 QB Rating allowed)

If you care about PFF grades...
Poyer 77.7 (12th)
Hyde 83.8 (5th)

Yet Bengals 2 safeties helped shut Mahomes down in the 2nd half of both games. While their  safeties couldn't stop Mahomes from scoring in 13 seconds or overtime while our 2 helped get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Yet Bengals 2 safeties helped shut Mahomes down in the 2nd half of both games. While their  safeties couldn't stop Mahomes from scoring in 13 seconds or overtime while our 2 helped get the job done.

You didn't ask if there were defenses that shut down Mahomes in the 2nd half of games better. You asked if there were was another better tandem currently in the NFL right now.

I wasn't aware S tandems included DLs and CBs now.

Reply/Quote
The OLine passed????
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You didn't ask if there were defenses that shut down Mahomes in the 2nd half of games better. You asked if there were was another better tandem currently in the NFL right now.

I wasn't aware S tandems included DLs and CBs now.

Did our S play better against the Chiefs than Bills guys did be honest?
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Did our S play better against the Chiefs than Bills guys did be honest?

Did you originally ask who was a better tandem in the NFL right now, or did you ask who played better in the second half of games against a specific team? Be honest.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did you originally ask who was a better tandem in the NFL right now, or did you ask who played better in the second half of games against a specific team? Be honest.

Bills D struggled against elite passing attacks most of season. I dont watch enough Bills games in depth but something tells me 1 of those 2 for the Bills is overrated or Bell is criminally underrated perhaps a little bit of both.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Bills D struggled against elite passing attacks most of season. I dont watch enough Bills games in depth but something tells me 1 of those 2 for the Bills is overrated or Bell is criminally underrated perhaps a little bit of both.

Ah, the "despite all the statistics and every expert telling me otherwise, the other guys must be overrated and my guys must be underrated because they wear my team's uniform" argument. Sound.

Bates allowed a 122.0 QB Rating.
Bell allowed a 113.6 QB Rating.

There is a reason the Bengals were the 17th scoring/18th overall defense. You don't have a below average defense while everyone is playing at a B, B+, and A- level.

Reply/Quote
These grades remind me of how PC ESPN got to where the worst grade they’d give a team for the draft was a C-.

Our o-line gets an F

Our secondary was (collectively) just not good. If this is supposed to be a cumulative grade then I would put CB at D and Safeties at C
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 02:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ah, the "despite all the statistics and every expert telling me otherwise, the other guys must be overrated and my guys must be underrated because they wear my team's uniform" argument. Sound.

Bates allowed a 122.0 QB Rating.
Bell allowed a 113.6 QB Rating.

There is a reason the Bengals were the 17th scoring/18th overall defense. You don't have a below average defense while everyone is playing at a B, B+, and A- level. It's been confirmed on profootballtalk their is selective bias on all pro teams based off of previous season accomplishments it costs many players the hall of fame.

The Bills were so great when it mattered against good players in the playoffs. Lets make relevant a week 8 game against the Jets for a gotcha moment
Reply/Quote
You gave our Oline a passing grade.
Reply/Quote
QB- B+
Oline D-
TE- C-
WR- A
DL- A-
LB- B
Corner- B-
Safety- C+
Specials- B+
Coaching- B
Reply/Quote
I honestly get the D grade for the O line. They sucked but it’s hard to flunk any unit on a team that made the Super Bowl. I think a D grade is correct, keeping in mind that this is a horrible grade.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 01:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Defending my grade while Bates struggled first half of season he was 1 of the reasons we were in SB because of his play and combined with Bell is their another tandem better currently in NFL right now? While their is no other QB I would take over Burrow it's undeniable Allen played at a higher level this year for the Bills.

Bates still struggled the second half of the season.  He had 3 games where he allowed 100+ passer rating against in the second half of the season, same as the first half.  His worst game of the season was the LAC game where he was torched for 6 completions for 95 yards and 2 TD's.  Overall, he was marginally better, but still a weak link.  

He played some great football in the playoffs, though the Titans game was rough, but I have no clue why folks are now trying to retroactively say he was good the second half of the year.  
Reply/Quote
Despite all the sacks the Oline still played well enough to get us to the superbowl which really sounds counter intuitive, but they still made it there. Had they played just marginally worse just once they wouldn't have made it to the SB and probably not to the playoffs.. They didn't blow every snap and there were more snaps where they were darn good than terrible.. That said, I still favor upgrading nearly the entire line, but let's not pretend they were horrible on every single snap of the entire season. As pointed out numerous times Joe likes to hold the ball too long hoping for that one huge play and to his credit he hits a lot more than most QBs and on those he does hit on, especially those long, arching passes way downfield the line does pretty good. Like most things in the game, most games for that matter whenever someone makes a great play there's always someone else getting blasted for giving up the big play. Funny how that works, huh? We sometimes forget the other side also gets paid to make big plays.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 12:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: QB A - ........A+
RB B -.........C+
WR A +.......A+
TE C +.........B- locker room leader
OL D............F-
DL B+..........A- my favorite position group on team
LB B +..........B+
CB B.............C+
S A -.............A-  Bates struggled some during season but they still formed one of the top tandems in league
ST B..............A- McPhearson tips scale
Coaching C+.....Solid B, they went to the SB 

Mine are very similar to yours as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Mine are very similar to yours as well. 

Yeah i'm a little hard on coaching those dumb analytic decisions can cost you a superbowl a punt there in the 1st quarter we may have won. 
Reply/Quote