Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of the World Dates.
Okay so... we survived the year 2000

nothing Happened on 06/06/06

the world didnt end on 12/21/2012

Whats the next End of the World date?

I believe there was a prediction made of Feb 15 2016. (ghostbusters 2)

What are some other dates floating around.
Reply/Quote
I thought I heard something about later on this year? Not sure of the exact date or anything.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals win a SB and usher in the apocalypse.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
My obscure NES game reference of the day:

[Image: end_day.png]
Reply/Quote
Well any Christian predicting the end is pretty much calling Jesus a liar.

Quote:32“But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard, keep awake.a For you do not know when the time will come. 34It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servantsb in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. 35Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows,c or in the morning— 36lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. 37And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake.”

Quote:“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 02:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well any Christian predicting the end is pretty much calling Jesus a liar.

Looking for dates not bible quotes.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 03:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Looking for dates not bible quotes.

And I was commenting on any Christians who predict the end of times.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Next Y2K sort of event will be 2038:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/17/is-the-year-2038-problem-the-new-y2k-bug

Of course that's assuming the machines don't rise up and enslave the human race before that.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 01:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bengals win a SB and usher in the apocalypse.

So never...
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 06:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So never...

Yes, good catch. Just couldn't find any good bible quotes to back it up. Mike Brown and the jawbone of an ass was too on the nose.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
How about

April 3, 2033 which is a Sunday
This would be 2000 years after the crucifixion of Jesus Christ

Or...

April 6, 2033 which is a Wednesday
This is 2000 years after the Ressurection of Jesus Christ

I'm sure there will be a small movement starting revolving around these two dates.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 06:46 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: 2025

Damn, guess that means we have to go ahead with that deck the wife wants added onto the house.
Reply/Quote
I believe "tomorrow" is popular. Such as "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die"
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 08:55 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: How about

Or...

I'm sure there will be a small movement starting revolving around these two dates.

Why is 2000 years important? Just a nice big round number?
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 10:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why is 2000 years important? Just a nice big round number?

Basically. I'm sure people were pretty worried around 1033 AD

On a somewhat related note, on the 2012 date the skies in my hometown were looking like pure death. While I knew 2012 was obviously dumb, I'm sure it worried some people there
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 08:55 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: How about

Or...

Is that based on the Julian Calendar or the Gregorian Calendar? Because isn't the Gregorian Calender shorter? Meaning that the 2000 years isn't necessarily accurate? 

Reply/Quote
I thought the world already ended...

Reply/Quote
Odds are slim to nil, but there is an asteroid out there, estimated 14 years out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 10:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why is 2000 years important? Just a nice big round number?

Its about the Lenght of an Age..... Slightly over 2,200 years. (age being the time we are in a certain area of space)

currently we are in the age of Pisces (represented by 2 fish i believe) the next age is aquarious (ages go backwards from zodiac signs)

To some the end of an AGE might be viewed as the end of the world.
So Waterworld?
Reply/Quote