Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Premier League
I should say that I don't follow EPL much. For British football I root for the Blades. My overall club to watch though is BVB, or Borussia Dortmund, over in Germany.
Reply/Quote
Arsenal 2-1 Everton to go top of the table.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I should say that I don't follow EPL much. For British football I root for the Blades. My overall club to watch though is BVB, or Borussia Dortmund, over in Germany.

Sorry, couldn't resist   Rolleyes

HTFC vs SUFC League One Play-Off Final Penalty Shoot-Out
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Arsenal2-1 Leicester City.

Welbeck scores in the 95th minute for the win. Awesome game!
Reply/Quote
Yeah that was a heck of an ending. Still pulling for Leicester though, love the fact they skyrocketed to the top after coming back to the PL last year.

On an unrelated note, MU lost, and probably wont make the Champions league. Wonder if they will fire Van Gaal and bring in Mourhino? Reading quite a few rumors out there on that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congratulations to Leicester City, BPL champs! 5000:1 odds to start the year, were bottom of the table just over a year ago, 3rd tier league like 6-7 years ago. Might be the most amazing story in all of team sports in quite some time.

Reply/Quote
Do not underestimate this Leicester achievement.
I think it must be the GREATEST SPORTING STORY OF ALL TIME

It would only be bettered by St Kitts and Nevis winning the world cup....or the Browns the superbowl Wink

Reply/Quote
And the new manager of my Manchester United is...José Mourinho! Maybe he will get a certain former player of his who also was a former United player back below.

[Image: crs2.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Any discussion on Premier League transfer news? The one thing I don't get is why Paul Pogba is valued at 100 mil. I don't think after watching Euro 2016 that he is the absolute best midfielder in the world.

I think N'golo Kante to Chelsea is a big signing.

I think Ibra to Man U is ho hum. His divaness and age play against him.

There are current rumors of Riyah Mahrez to Arsenal. I think that would be an amazing signing for Arsenal. Can you imagine an attacking midfield of Alexis Sanchez on the left wing, Mahrez on the right wing and Ozil in the middle? Scary good offense if they add a striker to compliment Giroud up top.
Reply/Quote
The 2016-2017 season starts this weekend. Go MU! Cant wait to see them under Mourinho.

Curious should we start another thread for this season, or just keep using this one? Not that its popular or anything around here, but just wonderin.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 02:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The 2016-2017 season starts this weekend. Go MU! Cant wait to see them under Mourinho.

Curious should we start another thread for this season, or just keep using this one? Not that its popular or anything around here, but just wonderin.

Thinking this one is fine. I've always been an Arsenal fan but I don't like their recent moves. I am curious the see Chelsea under Conte and I really like the kid out of Belgium (Batshuayi).

BTW, does anyone know of an EPL Fantasy site. I think it would boost interest to have one with board members. I think we would need ay least 8.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 03:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thinking this one is fine. I've always been an Arsenal fan but I don't like their recent moves. I am curious the see Chelsea under Conte and I really like the kid out of Belgium (Batshuayi).

BTW, does anyone know of an EPL Fantasy site. I think it would boost interest to have one with board members. I think we would need ay least 8.

Would this be what you're looking for: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/  ?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 03:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thinking this one is fine. I've always been an Arsenal fan but I don't like their recent moves.

f they get Mustafi and can still sign a striker, they'll be in good shape.
Reply/Quote
Good first outing for Maurinho & MU. Rooney had a nice header for goal, and newcomer superstar Ibrahimovic had a very nice goal for his debut.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 04:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good first outing for Maurinho & MU. Rooney had a nice header for goal, and newcomer superstar Ibrahimovic had a very nice goal for his debut.

I can't stomach anything Man U does. I absolutely hate that team. Even more now that they got that moron Mourinho. They are like the steelers to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 09:27 PM)Beaker Wrote:  f they get Mustafi and can still sign a striker, they'll be in good shape.

Only if Mustafi can play goal
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Anyone noticed who's top of the league below the premier league? :)

Reply/Quote
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Bit of context, Newcastle have spent up to £40 million on new players, Aston Villa even more
Huddersfield spent just under £4 million, with a record purchase of £1.8 mil
Oh, and we beat Newcastle....away

Sorry but this start has been a dream, i'm telling everybody Wink

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 09:38 AM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Bit of context, Newcastle have spent up to £40 million on new players, Aston Villa even more
Huddersfield spent just under £4 million, with a record purchase of £1.8 mil
Oh, and we beat Newcastle....away

Sorry but this start has been a dream, i'm telling everybody Wink

Thats cool. I always root for the underdog, so hope it keeps up. 

Crazy how far Aston Villa has fallen. Im a MU fan, but last couple of FIFA games, I picked Villa to work my way up with in career mode. And Newcastle before that, cause I liked their unis.  Now they are 17th in tier 2! They may not make it back to the BPL for awhile. Maybe I should go be their gm/coach? lol

Reply/Quote
PSG 1-1 Arsenal. The Gunners pull out a point in likely their toughest match in the group stage....away at PSG.
Reply/Quote