Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Enough is Enough (Music Edition)
(06-23-2023, 05:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: You have to use perspective.  Joe Burrow grew up in The Plains.  I guarantee you that that kid has been force fed so much garbage pop country that he probably went in as far a different direction as he could as a show of rebellion.

That's definitely my experience growing up in Oklahoma. I grew up in a very small country town, and man I got so sick of all of the pop country with Larry The Cable Guy lookalikes shouting "YE YE" at my school that I wrote off the genre completely. 

As I have gotten older, though, I just genuinely haven't found many country songs that I care for. 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 05:50 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's definitely my experience growing up in Oklahoma. I grew up in a very small country town, and man I got so sick of all of the pop country with Larry The Cable Guy lookalikes shouting "YE YE" at my school that I wrote off the genre completely. 

As I have gotten older, though, I just genuinely haven't found many country songs that I care for. 

You need to listen to Waylon Jennings 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 05:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: You need to listen to Waylon Jennings 

Programming a radio station, I learned how much that he loved Rock, he was even in Buddy Holly's band and gave away his seat on the plane that killed Holly, The Big Bopper and Ritchey Valens. While all Country artists played each other's songs, Waylon Jennings also played lots of Rock songs. He knew that Honky Tonk bars would never put those songs in their jukeboxes so he found his own way to put them in there.

Bob Seger

A couple from Fleetwood Mac

Steely Dan

JJ Cale

Plus his wife was one of the most beautiful women that I've ever seen. Much respect to The Music Man.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I'm with Burrow 100% this is all I hear when I listen to a country song.

While I acknowledge you could do this with any genre of music, just can't stand country music personally.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 07:29 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Programming a radio station, I learned how much that he loved Rock, he was even in Buddy Holly's band and gave away his seat on the plane that killed Holly, The Big Bopper and Ritchey Valens. While all Country artists played each other's songs, Waylon Jennings also played lots of Rock songs. He knew that Honky Tonk bars would never put those songs in their jukeboxes so he found his own way to put them in there.

Bob Seger

A couple from Fleetwood Mac

Steely Dan

JJ Cale

Plus his wife was one of the most beautiful women that I've ever seen. Much respect to The Music Man.

Absolutely. Waylon is one of my favorites of any genre. He really struggled with the death of Buddy Holly after a joke he and Holly barbed each other with just prior to that fateful flight.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 02:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We were discussing this at lunch today. There is good and bad music in every Genre. I'd don't eliminate any genres. Now artists...that's a different story. 

This
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First JB loses respect by stating he listens to any music but country:
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/joe-burrow-country-music-quote-bengals-reaction-nation-divided-01h2wyx7tdyr

Then he gains lost respect by stating he doesn't listen to Taylor Swift:
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/14/joe-burrow-attending-taylor-swift-concert-paycor-stadium/

Now we have his blindside asking grown men to share their favorite Taylor Swift song:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bengals-prep-taylor-swift-funny-031550371.html

As to my favorite Taylor Swift song:

Nice thread Bfine and thanks for the vid of I Prevail, I like that band unlike Taylor Swift lol

That pop country stuff can turn a lot of people off of all country ha ha

I am with the older guys in that we haven't really seen good country much except guys mentioned like Tyler Childers and 
some others lately. Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Marshall Tucker Band etc were all great though back in the day.

As Pally said, Orlando has daughters, that explains any mention of Taylor Swift right there.
Reply/Quote
I think Pop-Country is getting a bad-rap here. Artists such as luke Combs, Chris Stapleton, Alyssia McBride, and Jelly Roll all are popular and remind me of how they used to do it. Given Jelly Roll cames with a spin.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 03:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Pop-Country is getting a bad-rap here. Artists such as luke Combs, Chris Stapleton, Alyssia McBride, and Jelly Roll all are popular and remind me of how they used to do it. Given Jelly Roll cames with a spin.

I like Stapleton and Jelly Roll. Jelly Roll was more of Rap-type before he went country. Wonder how much Luke Combs is paying Tracy 
Chapman in royalties for doing her song "Fast Car".

Chris Stapleton is a great singer and has some great songs, dude is one of the originals. Cannot hate on Chris, I don't consider him Pop
Country at all. Dude is just good and gets recognized for it rightly so.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First JB loses respect by stating he listens to any music but country:
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/joe-burrow-country-music-quote-bengals-reaction-nation-divided-01h2wyx7tdyr

Then he gains lost respect by stating he doesn't listen to Taylor Swift:
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/14/joe-burrow-attending-taylor-swift-concert-paycor-stadium/

Now we have his blindside asking grown men to share their favorite Taylor Swift song:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bengals-prep-taylor-swift-funny-031550371.html

As to my favorite Taylor Swift song:

JB seems to have a habit of foot in mouth at times.. lol
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 06:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: JB seems to have a habit of foot in mouth at times.. lol

Are you a full time Chargers fan yet?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 06:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Are you a full time Chargers fan yet?

No because Herbert likes disco out there on West Coast... Hilarious
Reply/Quote