Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincy Jungle Excerpts
New look Cincinnati Bengals to open playbook; scoring is key

It’s no secret the Bengals have gotten younger and faster this offseason. But, the true story is the players who will take on roles we haven’t seen from the team. The first player–and one I’m very excited about this year–is Carl Lawson. He’s a strong but very athletic linebacker who can do it all. Lawson will take on a “Von Miller” type of roll, per Vontaze Burfict.

5 Most Important Players For Future Of Bengals

The Cincinnati Bengals, the perennial tease team in the NFL, have been snatched up and masticated by the jaws of defeat more times than any diehard fan cares to remember. There are few things worse than cheering for a team that has it all together but can never put it together in the postseason. The Bengals have the franchise quarterback, a future Hall of Fame wide receiver and a few of the NFL’s standout defensive players. They have made it to the playoffs six of the last eight years, but they haven’t made it out of the wild-card round in 27 years.

Cincinnati Bengals: Top 3 breakout candidates for 2017

Young Bengals players are ready to show their abilities after the departures of numerous veterans. Some players didn’t get to show what they’re capable of, due to vets being in front of them and a lack of playing time. The youngsters will be pushed up to the spotlight and be expected to perform at a high level. Although players like William Jackson III and Andrew Billings are going to be exciting to watch over the season, it’ll be their first action. They can’t necessarily be a breakout candidate unless they’ve shown some sort of flash in their short careers.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 02:18 PM)Derrick Wrote: New look Cincinnati Bengals to open playbook; scoring is key

It’s no secret the Bengals have gotten younger and faster this offseason. But, the true story is the players who will take on roles we haven’t seen from the team. The first player–and one I’m very excited about this year–is Carl Lawson. He’s a strong but very athletic linebacker who can do it all. Lawson will take on a “Von Miller” type of roll, per Vontaze Burfict.

The Cincinnati Bengals, the perennial tease team in the NFL, have been snatched up and masticated by the jaws of defeat more times than any diehard fan cares to remember. There are few things worse than cheering for a team that has it all together but can never put it together in the postseason. The Bengals have the franchise quarterback, a future Hall of Fame wide receiver and a few of the NFL’s standout defensive players. They have made it to the playoffs six of the last eight years, but they haven’t made it out of the wild-card round in 27 years.

Young Bengals players are ready to show their abilities after the departures of numerous veterans. Some players didn’t get to show what they’re capable of, due to vets being in front of them and a lack of playing time. The youngsters will be pushed up to the spotlight and be expected to perform at a high level. Although players like William Jackson III and Andrew Billings are going to be exciting to watch over the season, it’ll be their first action. They can’t necessarily be a breakout candidate unless they’ve shown some sort of flash in their short careers.

can you add in the links?
Reply/Quote
I honestly think Boyd will have a break out season. One year in the system and with Ross and Green demanding a lot of attention, not to mention Eifert.............Weee doggie!!
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I honestly think Boyd will have a break out season.  One year in the system and with Ross and Green demanding a lot of attention, not to mention Eifert.............Weee doggie!!

Agreed.  He looked good in his first season and was barely getting his feet wet.  They say he has looked really good in OTAs.  Kid reminds me of Pickens a little, just hard nosed, mentally tough and talented out the wazoo.

If the O-line and D-backs come to play we could be a serious under the radar team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Hardison wil be the break out player this year. He looked good in both preseasons before he got hurt. Just needs to stay healthy for a year. We could use a back up 3tech that isn't a DE (they say he can play end but he's 315 pounds). We've got a lot of run stuffers (Thompson, Billings, Tupou, Gaslglow, Simms) but no real back up to Geno.

I hope Hardison will become that guy. At least to get us through this year. Then we can draft one in 2018 if need be.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I honestly think Boyd will have a break out season.  One year in the system and with Ross and Green demanding a lot of attention, not to mention Eifert.............Weee doggie!!

Although the body types are different, starring in the role of TJ Houshmanzadah:  Tyler Boyd (applause).  Playing the role of Chad Johnson, the one and only, AJ GREEN!!!  (Louder applause).  And now, for the first time since Chris Henry's tragic death, a vertical threat to change the way teams defend the entire offense:  Playing the role of Chris Henry:  John "Beep Beep" Ross!

I have been saying it for years that we needed a vertical threat to take the top off the defense.  I think Core and Malone can also rotate in at this role, and move Ross to slot on occasion.  Perhaps the best part of all of this is the fact that the Bengals have Eifert, Uzo, Kroft, and Hewitt as four capable TEs (I know Hewitt is technically an H-Back, but he can catch). 

Lastly, a new, tough RB named Mixon to pound teams in to submission when they play the Bengals in nickel.  

I can't wait to watch this offense. 
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 02:18 PM)Derrick Wrote: New look Cincinnati Bengals to open playbook; scoring is key

Good stuff Derrick, good stuff.

Lawson sure has sounded great since we got him and i think he may get more chances than Willis to light up the stat
column cause i think Willis will probably be used in more of a rotation. Never know though, Willis is a 3 down DE cause
he can stop the run and rush the passer. We hear about players standing out in Offseason before and not doing much
once the season comes around. Nothing against Lawson, but this is true.

Plus i don't know if Lawson can cover which might give him less snaps than we think.

If we can't count Billings or WJ3 as breakout players cause they haven't played yet in the NFL i guess the guy i see
breaking out is Dennard if he can stay healthy. I see Adam getting suspended and either Dennard, WJ3 or Shaw picking
up the slack while he is out.

Core would of been my breakout player on Offense if it wasn't for the drafting of Ross and him getting injured. This
could hamper this a bit. Boyd might really be the guy with his hands and Green, Ross and Eifert getting all the attention.
Reply/Quote

It's probably best you don't mention Eifert, lest he sustain another injury.  Lalala

The "what ifs" of a healthy Eifert make me lose sleep.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 02:37 AM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: It's probably best you don't mention Eifert, lest he sustain another injury.  Lalala

The "what ifs" of a healthy Eifert make me lose sleep.

He shall be referred to as eggshell to confuse the injury demons.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He shall be referred to as eggshell to confuse the injury demons.

That is wrong, insensitive, and otherwise cruel...

and I laughed so hard I spit coffee on the keyboard. 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He shall be referred to as eggshell to confuse the injury demons.

Eggbert?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Ok that was funny!!!!
Reply/Quote
I don't really expect all our new rookies to become world beaters their first or even second seasons with the exception of maybe Mixon. Of all the positions RB is by far the easiest position to come in and make an immediate impact. I might be wrong and they'll all bust into the league like gangbusters, but I'm certainly not going to be holding my breath till game 16.. The limit of my breath holding these days is around 30 seconds. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 12:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't really expect all our new rookies to become world beaters their first or even second seasons with the exception of maybe Mixon. Of all the positions RB is by far the easiest position to come in and make an immediate impact. I might be wrong and they'll all bust into the league like gangbusters, but I'm certainly not going to be holding my breath till game 16.. The limit of my breath holding these days is around 30 seconds. 

I think we may have a really good group here.  

I fully expect Ross (by the end of the season at least), Mixon and Lawson to be kicking some serious butt the first year.

I think Glascow will flash stopping the run, Evans to be a good STs guy and slowly (if they give him a chance) show in coverage, Malone to flash when Ross gets hurt (JK - I hope)  and Willis to supplant MJ by next season.  Anything else would be serious gravy.

I also think that whatever kicker makes the team will be a significant upgrade from the Nuge of the last 3 years.
Reply/Quote

LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 03:29 PM)3wt Wrote: I think we may have a really good group here.  

I fully expect Ross (by the end of the season at least), Mixon and Lawson to be kicking some serious butt the first year.

I think Glascow will flash stopping the run, Evans to be a good STs guy and slowly (if they give him a chance) show in coverage, Malone to flash when Ross gets hurt (JK - I hope)  and Willis to supplant MJ by next season.  Anything else would be serious gravy.

I also think that whatever kicker makes the team will be a significant upgrade from the Nuge of the last 3 years.

Hard not to like all these guys, Brandon Wilson too and even Schreck is a big damn TE that can run and catch.

Will be fun to watch no matter your opinion right now. I prefer to look at what we have, damn the past. We all know injuries
can happen, look what happened last year to probably our most promising rookies. But now we have them back and hopefully
that year of learning the NFL from the mental aspect will help Billings and WJ3.
Reply/Quote
Before anything else, our Oline has to have its crap together. We should know more by the end of the 3rd preseason game.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote