Poll: Like or Dislike?
Dislike
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic Trade Mock
Ok, so hear me out.  Hue Jackson likes to trade for QBs from Cincinnati, and it just so happens that in this year’s draft there is not a dominant #1 QB prospect.  So what does he do? He trades his 1[sup]st[/sup], 2[sup]nd[/sup] and 4[sup]th[/sup] round picks to the Bengals for McCarron plus the Bengals 1[sup]st[/sup] and 2[sup]nd[/sup] round picks.  Think about it, the Bengals get exactly what they would hope for in this situation.  Top of the round picks in the two most vital rounds of the draft, and a 4[sup]th[/sup] round pick also.  The Browns also get what they want. A QB that has proven some ability (and familiarity with the coach) and all it costs them is moving down in the first 2 rounds and a 4[sup]th[/sup] round pick.  It is a win-win scenario.  With that said, this is what I want to happen… I believe we lost Marvin Jones in FA, as well as some vital members of the secondary and LB corps.

1st Round
LaQuon Treadwell – WR – Ole Miss - 6’3” 195 lbs.
Reason: Lost MJ in FA.

[Image: 12169701_10156199387470061_799488880_o.jpg]

2nd Round
Andrew Billings – DT – Baylor – 6’2” 310 lbs.
Reason: Peko declining, lack of depth at DT.

[Image: billings-ap.jpg]

3rd Round
Jayron Kearse – S – Clemson – 6’5” 220 lbs.
Reason: Lose Nelson or Iloka in FA.

[Image: jayron-kearse-ncaa-football-cfp-national...50x560.jpg]

4th Round
Mike Jordan – CB – Missouri Western State – 6’0” 200 lbs.
Reason: Jones and Hall are getting older.  Could lose Jones in FA.

[Image: 201409202221804688369-p5.jpg]

4th Round
Josh Forrest – MLB – Kentucky – 6’3” 255 lbs.
Reason: Maualuga and Hawk are on their last legs.

[Image: josh-forrest-back-darrel-williams-5fc22467ed0f4676.jpg]

5th round
Cayleb Jones – WR – Arizona – 6’3” 215 lbs.
Reason: WR depth, upside pick after losing MJ.

[Image: Cayleb+Jones+Washington+v+Arizona+txt6CgjmkGHl.jpg]

6th Round
Kyle Friend – C – Temple – 6’2” 305 lbs.
Reason: Bodine is the weak link on the O-line.

[Image: open-uri20140920-11242-12as72k?1411237221000]

7thRound
Travis Feeney – OLB – Washington – 6’4” 226 lbs.
Reason: Lose Lamur, Rey, etc via FA.

[Image: 512x.jpg]

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I rather not spend the #2 overall pick on Treadwell..

I rather have someone like Bosa or Myles Jack.

and you traded away your 2nd round pick... so why would we have the 2nd?

Overall, I would never do this deal if we took this draft picks.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:02 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I rather not spend the #2 overall pick on Treadwell..

We got the Browns #2

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
1. Treadwell is a wasted pick there. He's not THAT good. Jack, Bosa, Tunsil or Ramsey would be much more ideal.

2. Billings in the 2nd would be amazing but getting more and more unrealistic.

3. Jayron Kearse is all name and hype. I mean, if you need a S to take a poor angle and jog behind a play...he's your guy.

4. CB is fine here

4. Wrong type of LB. We don't need more downhill guys. We need guys who can move in space.

5. Wasn't that the point of spending the #2 overall pick on Treadwell? If you do that, double dipping seems odd.

6. We need depth at C and G. Friend gives that. Not sure his upside right now.

7. Sure. Fits what we need at LB.
Reply/Quote
Ok, I have no problem making the trade (for discussion sake), however,

1. Sign Marvin Jones - this team is built to win now. Treadwell is good, but I don't think he would out perform Jones.
2. Sign Iloka
3. Sign Pac Man

Then you are pretty much free to do whatever you want in the draft. If we are sitting at #2, you take the best player there. I'm not sure that there is a guy at #2 that fits a great need for us. I'm not a huge fan of Bosa. If Jaylon Smith was healthy, he would be a good fit. I think Ramsey would fill a huge need with Nelson aging, but at #2 it would be a stretch.

If anything, you could trade #2 to a team that wanted to draft a QB.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the trade point totals...it might be a bit too one sided for us.

Cleveland 1st= 2600
Cleveland 2nd= 590
Cleveland 4th= 116
Total = 3306

Cincinnati 1st=740
Cincinnati 2nd= 350
Total =1090

Difference =2216...which is what you are giving the value of McCarron to.

The 3rd pick by the value chart in the entire draft is worth 2200.  

So basically you are placing McCarron's value at this point...worth the 3rd pick in the entire draft.

I like the idea of 'trading', but i think you are placing McCarron's value too high.
That is subjective though.  

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You want to get Hue fired again?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I agree with Royal. I didnt get to see much of Kearse. But what I did see definitely destroyed my opinion of him. A slower dumber Taylor Mays who gives half the effort. Maybe he was playing not to get hurt so he wouldnt cost himself in the draft but to play the way he did in the playoffs made me want no part of him.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:54 PM)Shady Wrote: You want to get Hue fired again?

^^^^^^^^^THIS.

McCarron started some games and played ok....  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Hue Jackson is just gonna spend his career trading for Bengal QBs?  C'mon now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I agree with Royal. I didnt get to see much of Kearse. But what I did see definitely destroyed my opinion of him. A slower dumber Taylor Mays who gives half the effort. Maybe he was playing not to get hurt so he wouldnt cost himself in the draft but to play the way he did in the playoffs made me want no part of him.

Is that even possible?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Let's say that this crazy trade went through, I can't possibly imagine passing up Bosa right now. Marvin is still looking for that OLB/DE hybrid, even if it's quieter now. However, you just can't pass that up*.

*As of right now
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1. Treadwell is a wasted pick there. He's not THAT good. Jack, Bosa, Tunsil or Ramsey would be much more ideal.

2. Billings in the 2nd would be amazing but getting more and more unrealistic.

3. Jayron Kearse is all name and hype. I mean, if you need a S to take a poor angle and jog behind a play...he's your guy.

4. CB is fine here

4. Wrong type of LB. We don't need more downhill guys. We need guys who can move in space.

5. Wasn't that the point of spending the #2 overall pick on Treadwell? If you do that, double dipping seems odd.

6. We need depth at C and G. Friend gives that. Not sure his upside right now.

7. Sure. Fits what we need at LB.
Agree with all except 4b. Are you sure you are talking about Josh Forrest from UK?

As to the draft I like it all but the 1st rounder. Seems to be the theme
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:02 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I rather not spend the #2 overall pick on Treadwell..

We got the Browns #2

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote