Poll: Does anyone get benched? If so what is the move?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Epic win! But do we make a switch on the OL?
Does anyone....namely on the right side get benched in favor of a backup?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:49 PM)phil413 Wrote: Does anyone....namely on the right side get benched in favor of a backup?

You can rearrange the chairs on the titanic but it doesn’t matter. Good news is that was probably the best front 4 we would have to face until the SB.
Reply/Quote
Think we gotta give Carman a chance
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe, maybe not. But I think that's rock bottom. Protection will be better even if only by statistical expectation.
Reply/Quote
I mean, in a perfect world you would but we have no one else. Reiff is done, Carmen isnt better than Adeniji or Prince. This is the line we have this year.

Theres no real change we can make unless that one samoan guy whose name I cant pronounce comes back from injury. But then again I dont want a guy whose not in game shape playing in the AFC championship game. That just seems like a bad idea too.

Our job for the next week is to empower Prince and Adeniji and set them up to suceed VS whatever team we play
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think you ride with what got you there.

I mostly say that because Burrow TOOK a lot of sacks today. Sure, it wasn't pretty, but those halftime adjustments, ahem journalistic jargon, showed a much better o-line in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Agree with Au165 as usual but still want Carman at RG over the back pedaling of Adeniji and would like to see Fred
Johnson over Prince at RT. Pollack must see something I don't of course but damn these 2 got abused by Simmons
and Landry. Jonah got beat by Autry a lot but there is no solution there but hoping Jonah plays better.

Badazz DL front though and we got the win regardless. Pretty frickin' awesome man. Cool
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Carman in at RG. Adeniji almost single handedly sunk the game for us. I think half the sacks were on him.

Reply/Quote
Kill the slow developing plays. Get the playmakers the ball and let them cook.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d like to see Carman in at RG. Adeniji  almost single handedly sunk the game for us. I think half the sacks were on him.

I counted 5 sacks on Hakeem Adeniji. Jackson Carman has 0 sacks on the season and half as many pressures. He is closer to Quinton Spain than Hakeem Adeniji. 

There has to be something we dont know keeping Adeniji over Carman.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Kill the slow developing plays. Get the playmakers the ball and let them cook.

Yep. Chase proves time after time all you have to do is get him the ball. Dude’s YAC are just insane.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d like to see Carman in at RG. Adeniji  almost single handedly sunk the game for us. I think half the sacks were on him.

Agree

Adeniji had more look out blocks than any lineman since the David Klingler era.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Kill the slow developing plays. Get the playmakers the ball and let them cook.

We lacked hot reads on a lot of the passes where people screamed for Burrow to get rid of the ball. I am curious to watch this back on all 22 because some of them are Burrow obviously but I think more than a few are play designs that lacked any sort of outlet. Also, lack of 7 man protection shot plays was troubling. I know they doubled Chase all game, but in the NFL sometimes you still have to throw one up to elite guys in double coverage and let them make plays.
Reply/Quote
Dude iv watched every game this playoffs and every team needs offensive lineman. No team has really be ok up front with their protections but Buffalo. Buffalo's o line just dominated.

Its totally possible there isnt a top O lineman worth drafting in the first round by the time we draft.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Right.

I was badmouthing Prince early in the game, but Adeniji looked like much worse.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Was there even a holding call today?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:57 PM)Synric Wrote: I counted 5 sacks on Hakeem Adeniji. Jackson Carman has 0 sacks on the season and half as many pressures. He is closer to Quinton Spain that Hakeem Adeniji. 

There has to be something we dont know keeping Adeniji over Carman.

I forget who it was (either Pollack or Callahan) but one of the coaches said Adeniji picks up the technical stuff much quicker. But man - at this point I think I’ll take a mistake here and there to play the guy who’s just physically better.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Adeniji had more look out blocks than any lineman since the David Klingler era.

Michael Jordan-esque.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:59 PM)Destro Wrote: Was there even a holding call today?

Don’t think so. Just a couple false starts.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: We lacked hot reads on a lot of the passes where people screamed for Burrow to get rid of the ball. I am curious to watch this back on all 22 because some of them are Burrow obviously but I think more than a few are play designs that lacked any sort of outlet. Also, lack of 7 man protection shot plays was troubling. I know they doubled Chase all game, but in the NFL sometimes you still have to throw one up to elite guys in double coverage and let them make plays.

Yup. Got to have that quick check down, even if the WRs are flying downfield. I'm sure Burrow could have done something on a few of the sacks, but mostly the line was just horrible. I saw, on one play, it looked like the guy was just running a drill. No attempt at blocking at all. Backpedal then stand there. 

I know there has to be players who are higher and some that are lower, but where in the world do you get players who just backpedal and freeze? I mean, these guys had to be good in college or something right? 
Reply/Quote