Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couldn’t be prouder
So, calling in sick isn’t an option for me right now. It’s complicated, involves a lot of personal stuff no one here wants to hear about.
So I get to watch almost the entire first half, set up Hulu to record the game, catch the rest of the half on the way to work.
I was able to see on my phone that we were ahead 16 6 , time to go. Fortunately had a hotshot, so get up here by 11pm. Don’t turn the phone on, no tv, setup my pad to watch the second half and it’s not there! Crap! Turns out nfl network was replaying the game, so I watched the whole game start to finish.

I’m so pumped for this team!!! So glad I had the discipline to watch it “live”. Couldn’t be prouder of them!!! Who the **** Dey, to all the assholes on tv that implied this is a soft/ finesse team.

I don’t think it matters who we play, btw. This team can beat anyone, any time.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: So, calling in sick isn’t an option for me right now. It’s complicated, involves a lot of personal stuff no one here wants to hear about.
So I get to watch almost the entire first half, set up Hulu to record the game, catch the rest of the half on the way to work.
I was able to see on my phone that we were ahead 16 6 , time to go. Fortunately had a hotshot, so get up here by 11pm. Don’t turn the phone on, no tv, setup my pad to watch the second half and it’s not there! Crap! Turns out nfl network was replaying the game, so I watched the whole game start to finish.

I’m so pumped for this team!!! So glad I had the discipline to watch it “live”. Couldn’t be prouder of them!!! Who the **** Dey, to all the assholes on tv that implied this is a soft/ finesse team.

I hope life isn't being too much a pain for you!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I hope lifeisn't being too much a pain for you!

He can be a dick like that sometimes
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's so nice seeing everyone be positive. I'm glad you got to watch the game brother. I can relate on missing some of the games and recording them for later. It's hard not hearing about the game/score at work if you want to watch it for yourself without knowing the score before you get home. WHO DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
Enjoy your deadly sin of pride.. Tongue Try for sloth next!  ThumbsUp

Just to make you feel unnecessarily bad.. 
Pride (superbia) is considered, on almost every list, the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins. Out of the seven, it is the most angelical, or demonic.[40] It is also thought to be the source of the other capital sins. Also known as hubris (from Ancient Greek ὕβρις), or futility, it is identified as dangerously corrupt selfishness, the putting of one's own desires, urges, wants, and whims before the welfare of other people.

In even more destructive cases, it is irrationally believing that one is essentially and necessarily better, superior, or more important than others, failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of others, and excessive admiration of the personal image or self (especially forgetting one's own lack of divinity, and refusing to acknowledge one's own limits, faults, or wrongs as a human being).
Quote:What the weak head with strongest bias rules, Is pride, the never-failing vice of fools.
Nothing personal .. You really gotta be a hard core Catholic to buy all this..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: So, calling in sick isn’t an option for me right now. It’s complicated, involves a lot of personal stuff no one here wants to hear about.

Even during the halftime show they were pro Titans... They were showing Titans highlights 1st and 2nd and then Aikman was like... blah blah blah the Bengals can't stop the run.

Bengals have a top tier run defense. It is ranked 3rd https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/rushing/2021/reg/all

Who thought the Bengals had a shit run defense? It has been good all year.
Reply/Quote