Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equality Act and related conservative outrage over treating LGBT folk as humans
(02-25-2021, 02:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sex is the classification of people as male or female based on biological characteristics.

Gender refers to the socially constructed characteristics of what it means to be a woman or man, such as norms, roles, and relationships of and between groups of women and men. 

Some people prescribe to the idea of biological determinism, or the principle that behavioral differences are the result of inherited physical characteristics. There is not a lot of science backing that up, though, as no significant behavior differences have been causally linked to any biological differences. Researchers have found that any behavioral tendencies between sexes are weak and are easily overridden by cultural and social influences. This was the basis of Margaret Mead's 1950 study on the wide variation of gender roles of the different cultures in New Guinea. 

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: Genderbread-Person-v4.png]

I'm too stupid to even follow this madness!  lmao!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm too stupid to even follow this madness!  lmao!!!!

No, you aren't. When a baby is born they either have a penis or a vagina. Male or female. No amount of pretending is ever going to change that.

You coined the right phrase. Madness...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No, you aren't. When a baby is born they either have a vagina or a penis. Male & female. No amount of pretending is ever going to change that.

Bigotry is not a good look, but you do you
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:51 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Bigotry is not a good look, but you do you

So I'm a bigot for believing men are born with male organs and women are born with female organs. 

LMAO  LMAO

I don't give a damn what you or anyone else want to call themselves & everyone is free to live as they want without discrimination.

But that doesn't and is never going to change reality.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No, you aren't. When a baby is born they either have a penis or a vagina. Male or female. No amount of pretending is ever going to change that.

You coined the right phrase. Madness...

Such a bold position to take after multiple sources from people more educated than the rest of us combined have been posted here stating the opposite. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Such a bold position to take after multiple sources from people more educated than the rest of us combined have been posted here stating the opposite. 

Educated or indoctrinated ?

Nothing whatsoever bold in my position.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:00 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Educated or indoctrinated ?

Nothing whatsoever bold in my position.

Educated. That's what the "MD" and "PhD" as well as dozens of peer review studies between the authors mean. 

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Educated. That's what the "MD" and "PhD" as well as dozens of peer review studies between the authors mean. 

You & everyone here are free to believe whatever you want.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Let me throw this out there. If someone has fully transitioned, whether from male to female or female to male, do you think there is a responsibility of the transgender person to disclose that to an unknowing date, sexual hookup, etc?

I personally would want to know if I was going home with a guy pretending to be a woman.

It's like sexual fraud to me if it is not disclosed.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Let me throw this out there.  If someone has fully transitioned, whether from male to female or female to male, do you think there is a responsibility of the transgender person to disclose that to an unknowing date, sexual hookup, etc?

I personally would want to know if I was going home with a guy pretending to be a woman.

Only if they want to sell real estate from what I have learned. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:14 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  You & everyone here are free to believe whatever you want.  ThumbsUp

Indeed. It's just always good to remember that when your beliefs, which are based on your biases, continue to be held when faced with evidence to the contrary just mean you're wrong.

(02-25-2021, 03:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Let me throw this out there. If someone has fully transitioned, whether from male to female or female to male, do you think there is a responsibility of the transgender person to disclose that to an unknowing date, sexual hookup, etc?

Why? If you go out with a woman and she gets your willy hard, what's it matter?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:14 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  You & everyone here are free to believe whatever you want.  ThumbsUp

I'm happy to believe the peer reviewed science.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:14 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  You & everyone here are free to believe whatever you want.  ThumbsUp

The participation trophy of debate.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 03:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed. It's just always good to remember that when your beliefs, which are based on your biases, continue to be held when faced with evidence to the contrary just mean you're wrong.

Why? If you go out with a woman and she gets your willy hard, what's it matter?

Because it's not a woman getting your willy hard, it's a man that took some hormones, saw'd off his junk and drilled a hole.
Reply/Quote
Open transphobia in this thread. Yikes.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 04:29 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Because it's not a woman getting your willy hard, it's a man that took some hormones, saw'd off his junk and drilled a hole.

So you are admitting you are sexually attracted to both sexes?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 04:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Open transphobia in this thread. Yikes.

Reminds of the "men" who hit on a transvestite or cross dresser and then gets angry and beat/kills them because they can't deal with their own attraction to them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 04:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are admitting you are sexually attracted to both sexes?

Certainly sounds like it to me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 04:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Open transphobia in this thread. Yikes.

Really?  Where?
Reply/Quote