Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ereck Flowers
It's all over the news today that the Giants are willing to trade the RT. Think it be worth parting with a 5th rounder for him?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:06 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: It's all over the news today that the Giants are willing to trade the RT. Think it be worth parting with a 5th rounder for him?

He has a decent 2017 year, but has really been bad. If we get late into the draft and haven't drafted one then I'd take a flyer and call the Giants up and I'd offer to slide from one of my 5ths to the Giants 6th for him with maybe a kicker of a 7th.
Reply/Quote
I don't know this guy well but the Giants line last year was awful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:06 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: It's all over the news today that the Giants are willing to trade the RT. Think it be worth parting with a 5th rounder for him?

A friend of mine is Giants fan and a very close spectator and he hates that guy. Hates him more than Bobby Hart.

That being said, I think almost anyone is worth a fifth rounder.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:13 AM)hollodero Wrote: A friend of mine is Giants fan and a very close spectator and he hates that guy. Hates him more than Bobby Hart.

That being said, I think almost anyone is worth a fifth rounder.

Scary thought if our PLAN for right tackle involves raiding players from one of the worst O-lines in football.

I'm reading that former Offensive Lineman and now NFL Analyst Geoff Schwartz in 2018 accused Flowers of "quitting on the team, missing multiple blocks and having poor technique".

He was a 9th overall pick, however.

I just wonder if he and Bobby Hart would battle each other for the job or just see which one can quit the most. The other then wins the job by default.

Maybe Pollack could light a Fire under him but I hope for a better Plan at right tackle from the Bengals than what we have so far.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:45 AM)depthchart Wrote: Scary thought if our PLAN for right tackle involves raiding players from one of the worst O-lines in football.

I'm reading that former Offensive Lineman and now NFL Analyst Geoff Schwartz in 2018 accused Flowers of "quitting on the team, missing multiple blocks and having poor technique".

I just wonder if he and Bobby Hart would battle each other for the job or just see which one can quit the most. The other then wins the job by default.

Maybe Pollack could light a Fire under him but I hope for a better Plan at right tackle from the Bengals than what we have so far.

You never know, sometimes a change of scenery allows a player to get back to who he started out to be.  New York living isn't for everyone.  Also seemed like that team had multiple problems, and there could have been a negative vibe throughout the locker room.  

I'm not trying to make excused for the guy not living up to being a top 10 pick, but I think he might be worth taking a closer look at.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 10:45 AM)depthchart Wrote: Scary thought if our PLAN for right tackle involves raiding players from one of the worst O-lines in football.

Yeah, me too. I could imagine that the plan is to draft a RT like McGlinchey (well, probably just McGlinchey) and just keep Hart around if that doesn't work out.

I sure also could imagine a lot of different plans, including those I can't imagine really. But I don't think Flowers is a topic. Hart would probably warn us, right.
Reply/Quote
didnt we already get a RT from the giants?
Reply/Quote
My wife is a Giants fan, so I see the Giants a lot and no way in hell do I allow Flowers in the building. The guy is a statue.
Reply/Quote
Pass.

He's bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You never know, sometimes a change of scenery allows a player to get back to who he started out to be.  New York living isn't for everyone.  Also seemed like that team had multiple problems, and there could have been a negative vibe throughout the locker room.  

I'm not trying to make excused for the guy not living up to being a top 10 pick, but I think he might be worth taking a closer look at.

I don't mind bringing bodies in as long as they don't Alter our course from a more decisive Fix at right tackle.

If we drafted say Orlando Brown and also brought in Flowers. Then Flowers competes at right tackle and guard for example.

I would hate to have the Bengals get Hart and Flowers, then think the right tackle position is solidified altering us drafting a top rookie tackle (say in the top 3 rounds)

I just don't want the bodies we bring in to give the Bengals false hope that a problem is fixed.
Reply/Quote
Flowers is complete garbage what's wrong with you people. there's a GIF that shows him missing 3 blocks in one play... quite amazing.
Reply/Quote
Check out @RealMNchiefsfan’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/985950763217190912?s=09
Reply/Quote
That 2015 draft was quite possibly the worse draft for tackles this decade.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Check out @RealMNchiefsfan’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/985950763217190912?s=09

Looked to me like he was supposed to chip on the end, for the end to get caught by the trap.  That part worked.

Where he whiffed, was when he blew by the SAM, who moved in to make the play.

I think I can tell why NY's OL was so bad, last year.  For a run play, that was really complicated.  They run a double trap, both an inside one that looked well executed, and a long trap that sort of worked, except Flowers blew his block on the SAM.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:11 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Flowers is complete garbage what's wrong with you people. there's a GIF that shows him missing 3 blocks in one play... quite amazing.

He, "missed," one block, chipped correctly and went for another man that he didn't really have to.

Of course, its from Twitter; the platform that has given many (morons), a platform to speak, where they would otherwise not be permitted to say anything because of how moronic they can be.

Guy is a "superfan," and he's verified? Do they give that out to anyone nowadays?

EDIT:** Sunset beat me to the punch.

SECOND EDIT:** FTR, I'm also not on board with Fowers at all, BUT, he's supposed to be a RT and not a LT, where they've played him for every snap; his heaviness and slow-footedness, is more suited to RT.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He, "missed," one block, chipped correctly and went for another man that he didn't really have to.

Of course, its from Twitter; the platform that has given many (morons), a platform to speak, where they would otherwise not be permitted to say anything because of how moronic they can be.

Guy is a "superfan," and he's verified? Do they give that out to anyone nowadays?

Yep, that 3rd man that Flowers tried to pick up was inconsequential.  By design of that play, he was supposed to get bogged down in traffic, had the RB made it through to the outside, or was the "one guy" for the RB to beat should he cut it back to the middle of the field.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looked to me like he was supposed to chip on the end, for the end to get caught by the trap.  That part worked.

Where he whiffed, was when he blew by the SAM, who moved in to make the play.

I think I can tell why NY's OL was so bad, last year.  For a run play, that was really complicated.  They run a double trap, both an inside one that looked well executed, and a long trap that sort of worked, except Flowers blew his block on the SAM.

being one dimensional with no WRs last year surely didn't help
Reply/Quote
Flowers' best fit is as a road grading RT or RG. I'd be open to trade a 5th or later for him to compete for either of those spots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He, "missed," one block, chipped correctly and went for another man that he didn't really have to.

SECOND EDIT:** FTR, I'm also not on board with Fowers at all, BUT, he's supposed to be a RT and not a LT, where they've played him for every snap; his heaviness and slow-footedness, is more suited to RT.

cool..thanx for defending a guy that missed "one" block .  I guess missing one block every play isn't that bad.   Ogbuehi doesn't suck after all.  he misses a block every other play I think. 
Reply/Quote