Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Bieniemy
So many of us thought the Bengals should have hired him two years ago, and most were stunned he wasn't hired as an HC last off season either.

I know he has interviewed this year, but I am not seeing his name associated with any of the available jobs, and I am absolutely floored by this. The closest thing I see about him taking over a team is the fact that Watson has gotten angry they didn't want to hire him. Does anyone else wonder what the hell is going on that he is still available? (BTW, I understand he technically cannot be hired yet as the Chiefs are still alive, but no one appears to be willing to wait for him).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Pederson firing put a damper on the excitement for Reid products right now.
He also apparently isn't interviewing well.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 08:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So many of us thought the Bengals should have hired him two years ago, and most were stunned he wasn't hired as an HC last off season either.

I know he has interviewed this year, but I am not seeing his name associated with any of the available jobs, and I am absolutely floored by this.  The closest thing I see about him taking over a team is the fact that Watson has gotten angry they didn't want to hire him.  Does anyone else wonder what the hell is going on that he is still available?  (BTW, I understand he technically cannot be hired yet as the Chiefs are still alive, but no one appears to be willing to wait for him).

I think they Texans will calm Watson down by hiring Marvin. He interviewed for the position.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 11:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think they Texans will calm Watson down by hiring Marvin. He interviewed for the position.

Marvin could actually be pretty good if he is hired. He knows how to get by with an awful owner
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 08:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So many of us thought the Bengals should have hired him two years ago, and most were stunned he wasn't hired as an HC last off season either.

I know he has interviewed this year, but I am not seeing his name associated with any of the available jobs, and I am absolutely floored by this.  The closest thing I see about him taking over a team is the fact that Watson has gotten angry they didn't want to hire him.  Does anyone else wonder what the hell is going on that he is still available?  (BTW, I understand he technically cannot be hired yet as the Chiefs are still alive, but no one appears to be willing to wait for him).

I remember Zim getting knocked for interviewing negatively with teams. I think with Bieniemy going through the cycle a few times he'll figure out how improve himself and show that he can lead a team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Apparently the Texans are interviewing him today.

https://nfltraderumors.co/texans-interviewing-chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemy-today/

Quote:According to Ian Rapoport, the Texans are conducting a virtual interview with Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy on Monday.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 09:29 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: He also apparently isn't interviewing well.

I never heard that, but always wondered that. For him to keep getting passed over and some of these other clowns getting hired ( including Taylor ) made it seem something else must be going on. 
Reply/Quote

It was very split between Taylor and Bieniemy on who to hire.. many felt going out of organization history was best with ZT and obviously other teams have passed on Eric over the last 2 years.. so you have to wonder why ? Reid pretty much controls a lot in KC so that is probably the reason.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 07:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It was very split between Taylor and Bieniemy on who to hire.. many felt going out of organization history was best with ZT and obviously other teams have passed on Eric over the last 2 years.. so you have to wonder why ? Reid pretty much controls a lot in KC so that is probably the reason.

Except that his predecessor Matt Nagy was hired from the same position, and he never got to call any plays.  That is part of what is puzzling the hell out of me.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 08:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Except that his predecessor Matt Nagy was hired from the same position, and he never got to call any plays.  That is part of what is puzzling the hell out of me.

That might be hurting Bieniemy like Pederson, I haven't heard a lot of good things about Nagy recently.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 07:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It was very split between Taylor and Bieniemy on who to hire.. many felt going out of organization history was best with ZT and obviously other teams have passed on Eric over the last 2 years.. so you have to wonder why ? Reid pretty much controls a lot in KC so that is probably the reason.

Shane Waldron was also is in the mix.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 08:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Except that his predecessor Matt Nagy was hired from the same position, and he never got to call any plays.  That is part of what is puzzling the hell out of me.

Perhaps Bieniemy gives off the vibe that he'd clash with the GM? Maybe he wants final control of the roster?

I've heard of candidates interviewing badly, but it's very seldom we ever hear what's bad about the interview. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

teams dont want to wait... they watched us wait for Taylor and then BAM we fell of the cliff.

They dont want to wait cause the longer you wait to less quality assistant coaches are left. and the less time to prepare for the draft/Free agency etc.

It doesnt make sense as you would think you want the guy coaching the most wins
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 06:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: teams dont want to wait... they watched us wait for Taylor and then BAM we fell of the cliff.

They dont want to wait cause the longer you wait to less quality assistant coaches are left. and the less time to prepare for the draft/Free agency etc.

It doesnt make sense as you would think you want the guy coaching the most wins

And they watched GB wait for a member of the same staff and go to the NFCC in his second season.

The only legit argument against waiting is from the Colts being left at the altar by McDaniels after putting together the staff he requested, but he is a d'bag anyway.  I doubt any other candidate would do such a thing...
Reply/Quote
Absolutely do not get the love affair with this guy. He doesn’t even call or design the plays. He’s just there for morale. Don’t believe me? Watch the chiefs super bowl video on youtube. It‘s like 40 minutes

Not to mention people were screaming to get Cincy’s o-line coach out of here because of his involvement with the Richie Incognito stuff, but Bienemy’s rap sheet is apparently ok?

I don’t get it at all
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 11:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Absolutely do not get the love affair with this guy. He doesn’t even call or design the plays. He’s just there for morale. Don’t believe me? Watch the chiefs super bowl video on youtube. It‘s like 40 minutes

Not to mention people were screaming to get Cincy’s o-line coach out of here because of his involvement with the Richie Incognito stuff, but Bienemy’s rap sheet is apparently ok?

I don’t get it at all

That's not true.

According to Andy Reid, he has been calling the second half of the game for several seasons now.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's not true.

According to Andy Reid, he has been calling the second half of the game for several seasons now.

https://youtu.be/h3naa6hvKyE?t=824

does he? listen to what reid says
Reply/Quote
I read where he was calling the plays last weekend.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
It's borderline criminal that Bienemy has been waiting this long, but I think a point has been made that organizations really want a quick hire, and Bienemy has been too busy coaching deep into January and February the past 3 years.

If I'm him I don't take a potential Houston offer after the fiasco thus far. Ownership obviously didn't want him and only backtracked after their star player got upset. Not the environment I'd be looking for with so much riding on it, and not only for him.

Then again, I'm not the one with a chance at such an exclusive job LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's borderline criminal that Bienemy has been waiting this long,

explain how.  watch this https://youtu.be/h3naa6hvKyE?t=824

so it's only his 2nd season as "OC" and he doesnt even design or call the plays? Maybe he called the plays in 1 or 2 games idk. But Reid straight up says he doesnt call or design the plays.

Daboll in Buffalo is more deserving. He's much more involved in the success of that offense

Plus, is hiring a guy with a rap sheet good PR? 

straight up, people need to grow brains here. This isnt a race thing
Reply/Quote