Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Bieniemy
(01-22-2021, 03:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: explain how.  watch this https://youtu.be/h3naa6hvKyE?t=824

so it's only his 2nd season as "OC" and he doesnt even design or call the plays? Maybe he called the plays in 1 or 2 games idk. But Reid straight up says he doesnt call or design the plays.

Daboll in Buffalo is more deserving. He's much more involved in the success of that offense

Plus, is hiring a guy with a rap sheet good PR? 

straight up, people need to grow brains here. This isnt a race thing

Did Taylor ever call plays? Did Nagy? Pederson? The recently hired Siriano? Using "he doesn't call plays" is a piss poor measuring stick.

Fact is that Bienemy has had the same job Pederson and Nagy did, and he's been better at it. There are players with much worse rap sheets in the league.

At best he's getting passed up because of Pederson and Nagy's recent shortcomings. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:37 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Did Taylor ever call plays? Did Nagy? Pederson? The recently hired Siriano? Using "he doesn't call plays" is a piss poor measuring stick.

Fact is that Bienemy has had the same job Pederson and Nagy did, and he's been better at it. There are players with much worse rap sheets in the league.

At best he's getting passed up because of Pederson and Nagy's recent shortcomings. 

I can understand players with rap sheets

But are there coaches with rap sheets? And why would a team make one their head coach?

Nagy and Pederson are terrible btw
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I can understand players with rap sheets

But are there coaches with rap sheets? And why would a team make one their head coach?

Nagy and Pederson are terrible btw

Guy won a Super Bowl with a backup QB. How terrible could he be?

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 02:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guy won a Super Bowl with a backup QB. How terrible could he be?

Couple things there

1: that eagles team had the best o-line in the nfl, and the best d-line in the nfc. When your team is that dominant in the trenches, you’re gonna win

2: the jaguars were on their way to the super bowl before the officials interfered in the afc championship and started to make questionable calls that favored the pats. Was Doug Marone a good coach? Of course not. People think he’s terrible

Jon Gruden isn’t a good coach either and he has a super bowl
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 03:46 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Couple things there

1: that eagles team had the best o-line in the nfl, and the best d-line in the nfc. When your team is that dominant in the trenches, you’re gonna win

2: the jaguars were on their way to the super bowl before the officials interfered in the afc championship and started to make questionable calls that favored the pats. Was Doug Marone a good coach? Of course not. People think he’s terrible

Jon Gruden isn’t a good coach either and he has a super bowl

Pederson has a winning record as a HC (42-37-1) and a Super Bowl ring he won by beating Brady and Belichick. I’m not saying the guy is great, but he’s far from “terrible.”

Reply/Quote
While the Texans have requested a second interview with him, reports now state that Watson wants out regardless of who gets hired as HC. By all accounts, the Texans are only interviewing him because of Watson, so I'm thinking they might very well pass on hiring him. Maybe this will work out for the Bengals in the long run. If Taylor shits the bed again next season, Bieniemy could still be on the market.
Reply/Quote
bienemy passed on by the league again

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/28/eric-bieniemy-shut-out-again/

what is he doing wrong that taylor did right?????
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: bienemy passed on by the league again

what head coach has a rap sheet?

No football team wants that bad press

but now it's bad press if you pass on him lmaoo

this modern world of ours is confusing
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 03:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: explain how.  watch this https://youtu.be/h3naa6hvKyE?t=824

so it's only his 2nd season as "OC" and he doesnt even design or call the plays? Maybe he called the plays in 1 or 2 games idk. But Reid straight up says he doesnt call or design the plays.

Daboll in Buffalo is more deserving. He's much more involved in the success of that offense

Plus, is hiring a guy with a rap sheet good PR? 

straight up, people need to grow brains here. This isnt a race thing
Yet the Bengals hire a guy as a head coach who couldnt even
Put together even a average college offense
Biemenys resume buries ZTs and not even a question
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: bienemy passed on by the league again

We keep hearing over and over that he doesn't interview well. Maybe that is it? Which, since Andy Reid calls the plays, I can see this being an issue. 

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We keep hearing over and over that he doesn't interview well. Maybe that is it? Which, since Andy Reid calls the plays, I can see this being an issue. 

What about the OC for the bucs? Byron Leftwitch  apparently got no interviews at all.  i think he does call plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What about the OC for the bucs? Byron Leftwitch  apparently got no interviews at all.  i think he does call plays.

bucs never had a good offense until Brady came. C'mon
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 06:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: bucs never had a good offense until Brady came. C'mon

That's debatable.

Only 2 teams scored more points in 2019, despite Winston throwing 30 picks.  Were he not a human turnover machine they might have been considered among the league's best.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 10:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's debatable.

Only 2 teams scored more points in 2019, despite Winston throwing 30 picks.  Were he not a human turnover machine they might have been considered among the league's best.

They couldn’t even run the ball

Plus evans and Godwin have been studs since they entered the league. They’re both 1’s
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 09:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what head coach has a rap sheet?

End Times....
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 06:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: bucs never had a good offense until Brady came. C'mon

he got a guy that threw 30 ints to also throw 30 TDs and 4000+ yards lol

IN THE SAME SEASON....
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 09:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what head coach has a rap sheet?

Nothing is impressive about him to me... I guess Andy Reid vouches for him, but I'm not sure what he does for them. The way he carries himself, and speaks does nothing for me. I don't have much else to go on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What about the OC for the bucs? Byron Leftwitch  apparently got no interviews at all.  i think he does call plays.

Honestly I still love Byron from his QB playing days. I would definitely bring him in for an interview if I had a HC opening. If Zac doesn't make it through next season with a job I wouldn't mind us looking his way (assuming he doesn't completely fall on his face this next season).

As for Eric, the fact he doesn't call the plays is the biggest reason I'm apprehensive about him. Though personally I would have been more excited about him than Zac Taylor at the time, and Coach Taylor hasn't done much outside of talking a big game to change that thought.
Reply/Quote