Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-02-2019, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think Mike Brown snapped Hue back up from the Browns just to fire him, but time will tell.  Things have taken an even worse turn since Hue got here, so maybe Mike Brown cuts his losses and lets him go.

I was going to say I wouldn't mind Hue being the OC if selected by the new HC, but I didn't want to deter the thread into another Hue Jackson one lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Way back in the early 90's when I was living in Boulder I remember Bienemy got into some trouble with the police or campus security when he came back for a UC game and was acting a fool. But that was a long long time ago, and it was obviously no big deal.

I thought he was also involved in the Minnesota Vikings "Love Boat" scandal, but I just looked and that happened in '05 and Eric was not hired there until '06.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think Mike Brown snapped Hue back up from the Browns just to fire him, but time will tell.  Things have taken an even worse turn since Hue got here, so maybe Mike Brown cuts his losses and lets him go.

Maybe it was Marvin who wanted Hue, and not Mike. After all, Hue is Marvin's guy. Marvin even gave Hue a plug for HC on his way out.  Sick
Reply/Quote

I think it was Marvin who wanted Hue, more so than Mike. After all, Hue is Marvin's guy. Marvin even gave Hue a plug for HC on his way out the door.  Sick
Reply/Quote
I think it’s already been said, but of the teams he has interviews set up with, our roster, when healthy, is the most appealing.

Reply/Quote
Idc if they don't have experience as a head coach.

McVay, Naggy and Pederson didn't either.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I think it’s already been said, but of the teams he has interviews set up with, our roster, when healthy, is the most appealing.

Very much so. If the Bengals can just get a good right side of the OL and a couple good LBs, they can really compete.
An offense of Green, Boyd, Ross, and Mixon should be very appealing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just tweeted by Ian Rapoport.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1080465058545782785
Not only is Bieniemy a hot candidate due to his success as Chiefs OC but he also was a RB with the Bengals 95-98. Hopefully this means Mike Brown has some familiarity with him lol.

EDIT - Link added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember little Eric. He was very popular with us fans back in the 'dark years'. Always gave 200%, as I recall.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
The only thing is question is even though he’s the Offensive Coordinator in KC he’s not the one calling the plays that’s Andy Reid. But I’ll take anyone over Hue n Vance
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was going to say I wouldn't mind Hue being the OC if selected by the new HC, but I didn't want to deter the thread into another Hue Jackson one lol.

I'm actually okay with this as well as weird as it sounds. I am not opposed to a Bienemy/Taylor HC with a Jackson OC and Joseph DC. A lot of experience there to make up for lack of HC experience.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think it was Marvin who wanted Hue, more so than Mike. After all, Hue is Marvin's guy. Marvin even gave Hue a plug for HC on his way out the door.  Sick

Marvin and Hue cooked up the "succession plan" and pitched it to Mike before Hue took the Cleveland job.  Mike refused to commit to it in writing.  Basically, he would've given Hue a fair chance to interview, but he was not on board with just handing him the job.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think it was Marvin who wanted Hue, more so than Mike. After all, Hue is Marvin's guy. Marvin even gave Hue a plug for HC on his way out the door.  Sick

Good point...still, it's hard to see Marvin Lewis twisting Mike's arm into putting a traitor on payroll.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think so too. I think it's because of his previous connection to Cincinnati and/or he believes he'll have more success with the Bengals roster rather than Arizona's. It sure can't be because of nicer weather and stadium lol.

Arizona also just one and done their last coach while Cincy gave 16 years to theirs. So there's that too. 
Reply/Quote
OMG PLEASE OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HIRE HIM!! This is my top choice
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good point...still, it's hard to see Marvin Lewis twisting Mike's arm into putting a traitor on payroll.  

And that's what he is. Plus, I highly doubt players have much respect for him. Spineless weasel who is just like Marvin and doesn't take accountability. Bieniemy could be a good fit here. I like both the possibilities of either him or Zac. Dear god, or do I say both? Now that would be mind blowing.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Arizona also just one and done their last coach while Cincy gave 16 years to theirs. So there's that too. 

I hope though that this time around, Mike Brown raises his expectations to needing at least a playoff win within the next 3-5 years in order to keep a HC beyond that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And that's what he is. Plus, I highly doubt players have much respect for him. Spineless weasel who is just like Marvin and doesn't take accountability. Bieniemy could be a good fit here. I like both the possibilities of either him or Zac. Dear god, or do I say both? Now that would be mind blowing.

I know, I know...just hard to shake the feeling that Mike Brown might be looking for a spineless weasel to serve as his lackey, is all.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Players like Eric Bieniemy and Jay Gruden go to show you that the best players don't always make great coaches and the not-so-great players can definitely become good coaches.

I think it speaks volumes that Bieniemy played in the NFL during a time that was much more smashmouth than it is now but he's been able to adapt very well going from a player to a coordinator.

Sleeping with Bieniemy was a far better player than Jay Gruden ever was. Eric had almost 5,000 all-purpose yards in the NFL, while Jay topped out as a practice squad player. Eric was actually one of my favorite players in the 90's. Had 805 yards (rushing/receiving) as our 3rd down back in 1995. Overall, he played 4 years for us, with almost 2,000 yards rushing/receiving in that time.

Think of him as a Gio type of player, although he didn't always get as much usage as Gio does (never understood why...he was gold when we used him).

(01-02-2019, 12:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I was unaware he turned down an interview with AZ.  Makes me slightly more optimistic, but that's a low bar when it comes to this organization.

Real question is how will he react to the owner's daughter sliding an offer letter across the desk with performance incentives up to, but not to exceed a mariemont coupon booklet.

He should be used to it as a guy who played for the 90's Bengals. Heck, Mike Brown was even worse back then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know, I know...just hard to shake the feeling that Mike Brown might be looking for a spineless weasel to serve as his lackey, is all.

didn't know katie had coaching experience.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: please dont let him leave without signing to a 4 yr deal.please

When shopping for a nice car the last thing you want to do is go to one car place and buy the first car you see at one lot.  You walk out the door and see what other car lots will offer you and usually you get a better deal from the first car lot when you leave their lot.

If im Eric, im shopping and seeing what is the best deal for me or how i can sweeten it after leaving
Reply/Quote