Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Reid Anthem Thread
(04-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This guy has to realize he can't have his cake and eat it too. The owners have as much right to deny him employment as he has a right to protest. 

Marv did throw him a life preserver. He just turned it down and is now complaining that he's drowning. Smh.

Yup. Oh well, can’t fix stupid.
(04-11-2018, 01:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: and.... Mike Brown is now a headline.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-bengals-owner-plans-to-prohibit-anthem-protests/ar-AAvLVYd?ocid=spartandhp

Mike is right. I have been pleased with the teams attitude and position on this whole topic. They have kept it about football and spared us the political talk. Thanks to them it’s one of the few places I can go without having politics shoved in my face.

Thank you Mike Brown
Not sure how equality is "political". I find it extremely racist of anyone who isn't tolerant of that simple action. White man vote trump, against this action = 100%.

Yes, thank you Mike Brown for the perennial playoff losses, for putting white man ahead of winning a playoff game. That's what you sound like. We can go all go to our death bed knowing white power was the reason we never win a super bowl! Inequality is great. Don't steal my money! You don't work hard enough to earn it actually.

Lastly, its' NOT illegal to kneel for the anthem! So your opinion is actually worthless here. It's only Mike Brown's opinion that matters, and it's very funny that you guys trust M. Brown to do any ***** thing. This opinion is littered in racism hiding behind nationalism and patriotism.

You have your choice to put your money elsewhere, do it. The NFL has already said it's up to the teams, they're not going to control it. It's not like the Bengals put out a product worth watching anyway! I would find it hilarious if we won the super bowl and you didn't watch a single game because of someone protesting for equality, surely nobody is that dumb (then again the average NFL fan has got to be the dumber segment of the population).

I find republicans have a big problem in putting themselves in someone else's shoes. Reverse it where white people are the minority and see how you feel!

So to Bonnie and others, if you're not having your hand on your heart in your house and hat off during the anthem - what's that saying super religious say, he/she who casts the first stone? Bullshit. You're drinking a beer on the couch with your hand down your pants like the rest of us. You would stop watching if AJ Green kneeled once? Lol!

Are you even watching the anthem? Get real! Go watch some other pitiful sport, American's greatest past time, thew whitest and most boring sport in america, Baseball. lol.

Oh shit, Tebow is kneeling and praying, I'm not going to watch another game, any team, ever again. Oh shit, Curry points to the sky and thanks God after his 3 pointers, well shit I don't believe in God, I'm not watching another game again. CALL ME DUMBO MY EARS ARE BIG ENOUGH.

Life ends real fast so make your decision, don't watch or watch, do something better with that time. I'll agree to one thing, Bengals are surely a waste of a Sunday's time.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
(04-11-2018, 04:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not sure how equality is "political". I find it extremely racist of anyone who isn't tolerant of that simple action. White man vote trump, against this action = 100%.

Yes, thank you Mike Brown for the perennial playoff losses, for putting white man ahead of winning a playoff game. That's what you sound like. We can go all go to our death bed knowing white power was the reason we never win a super bowl! Inequality is great. Don't steal my money! You don't work hard enough to earn it actually.

Lastly, its' NOT illegal to kneel for the anthem! So your opinion is actually worthless here. It's only Mike Brown's opinion that matters, and it's very funny that you guys trust M. Brown to do any ***** thing. This opinion is littered in racism hiding behind nationalism and patriotism.

You have your choice to put your money elsewhere. It's not like the Bengals put out a product worth watching anyway! I would find it hilarious if we won the super bowl and you didn't watch a single game because of someone protesting for equality, surely nobody is that dumb.

I find republicans have a big problem in putting themselves in someone else's shoes. Reverse it where white people are the minority and see how you feel!

So to Bonnie and others, if you're not having your hand on your heart in your house and hat off during the anthem - what's that saying super religious say, he/she who casts the first stone? Bullshit. You're drinking a beer on the couch with your hand down your pants like the rest of us.

i have found those who call others racists are more than likely racists. I think those who call those white supremacists are normally racist (anti-white). Just my 2 cents and hope you are the exception.

As for Reid, he has very right to protest on his own time away from his employer/company. He has zero right to protest during an anthem if his owner tells him not to do it. If he wants to change it, go buy a team or a business. There are many ways to protest and if he truly cares about brutality I suggest who help community leaders address violence in Chicago and other cities so kids can walk openly and freely down streets without fear of dodging bullets. But either way, do it away from his employer the NFL and the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Everyone is racist, it's to what degree. And that a action of disagreeing and hiding behind veterans is 100% racist in this instance, they're lying to themselves - a veteran told him to do it! Lol, blame the vet.

Once again, he doesn't have to do it away from his employer the NFL, they made no such action illegal. Trust Mike Brown to make the right decision, lol.

I don't have to be the exception, the pot can call the kettle black. I believe a large percentage of those who are against anthem protests are racist. If you are a minority you know what i'm saying, if you're not, you may have difficulty visualizing someone else's "unequal" life.

If you voted for Trump you are dumb or a racist, you can choose. Then let's go ahead and venn diagram those who voted for Trump and are against an NFL player kneeling for equality.

You have to actively fight racism, it's not natural to want to blend in with something that doesn't look or act the same lol (other than opposite gender).

You can't tell someone how to peacefully protest. You can change the channel if you'd like, or not log onto the internet. Example of a non peaceful protest: white supremacists running someone over during their "protest" and killing them.

It's not the method of the protest you're mad about, it's the reason behind the protest. Instead you guys confuse it with VETS, MILITARY, ARMY, PATRIOTISM, NATIONALISM, just keep throwing Trump's limited vocab out there that has nothing to do with it! They should protest in their own house so nobody can see them or hear them, that - is the best form.

I'm wondering what Chicago's obviously black on black violence has to do with his general message. Seriously? But yeah, if you're going down the route of the 2nd amendment, I agree, less guns the better. Hell, get rid of all of them and be like Japan who is basically superior in every facet to Americans. Even the Yakuza are afraid to carry guns! The gangs.

This is the phrase that should stick in your head: Patriotism promotes Nationalism, which is the foundation for Fascism.
(04-11-2018, 04:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Everyone is racist, it's to what degree. And that a action of disagreeing and hiding behind veterans is 100% racist in this instance, they're lying to themselves - a veteran told him to do it! Lol, blame the vet.

Once again, he doesn't have to do it away from his employer the NFL, they made no such action illegal. Trust Mike Brown to make the right decision, lol.

I don't have to be the exception, the pot can call the kettle black. I believe a large percentage of those who are against anthem protests are racist. If you are a minority you know what i'm saying, if you're not, you may have difficulty visualizing someone else's "unequal" life.

If you voted for Trump you are dumb or a racist, you can choose.
Then let's go ahead and venn diagram those who voted for Trump and are against an NFL player kneeling for equality.

You have to actively fight racism, it's not natural to want to blend in with something that doesn't look or act the same lol (other than opposite gender).

You can't tell someone how to peacefully protest. You can change the channel if you'd like, or not log onto the internet. Example of a non peaceful protest: white supremacists running someone over during their "protest" and killing them.

It's not the method of the protest you're mad about, it's the reason behind the protest. Instead you guys confuse it with VETS, MILITARY, ARMY, PATRIOTISM, NATIONALISM, just keep throwing Trump's limited vocab out there that has nothing to do with it! They should protest in their own house so nobody can see them or hear them, that - is the best form.

Calling me a racist flat out is a direct shot at my integrity. You don't know me and to generalize everyone is a racist is wrong. 

I do not have to be black to understand 100's of years ago this country was intolerable for black people, but this is 2018. You don't have to be white to understand there are extremes in all racists, but not the norm of every black or white person. 

Besides race there are many classes of people as well who could cry about being poor or living in poverty due to their family history. But I chose to work with all races to improve my life treating everyone with respect except those extremists who don't deserve respect.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Simpler terms for you since you're ignoring most of my points.

A bunch of kneelers won the sueprbowl.

Are you happy with a bunch of non kneleers not winning a playoff game?

Lol.
(04-11-2018, 04:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not sure how equality is "political". 
It's political when the supposed equality is anything but. For some, equality means forcing businesses to hire a certain number of minorities while others just see that as racism in the other direction.
(04-11-2018, 04:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I find it extremely racist of anyone who isn't tolerant of that simple action. 
And I find it extremely racist of anyone to call others racist when they are not, especially when it's clear that the person crying racism is only doing so when he or she simply disagrees with those they claim to be racist.
(04-11-2018, 04:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lastly, its' NOT illegal to kneel for the anthem! 
No, it's not. It was also not illegal to vote for Donald Trump, yet you have no problem ridiculing those that did.
(04-11-2018, 04:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So your opinion is actually worthless here.

As is yours because, as you say:
(04-11-2018, 04:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  It's only Mike Brown's opinion that matters,

This is true. He's the boss. What he says, goes. You don't have to like it but you have no choice but to accept it. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-10-2018, 10:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The NFL is an entertainment industry. People pay to watch football games. People don’t pay to have political issues pushed on them. It’s not that protesting this is wrong, but the notion that those paying to be entertained are not entertained by it.

And since the kneeling has nothing to do with watching the gameit should not matter.

NO ONE comes to an NFL game to watch the players during thre National Anthem.
(04-10-2018, 06:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote:  How can you solve any problem if you won’t factor in everything that contributes to that problem? They have a right to protest but how can people work together if they won’t admit the whole problem? I know, it makes me racist to say the whole problem... right? 

Put away that victim card.  It doesn't make you racist.  It just makes you uninformed.

The reason blacks see deaths at the hands of police differently than whites is because blacks have been victims of systematic racial profiling and discrimination in the criminal justice system.  You can not expect them to believe that police treat them the same as whites when there is proof that they are treayed different from whites.

So at the sametime you question why they are not talking about a high crime rate among blacks they question why you are not talking about racial profiling and discrimination in the criminal justice system.  You are missing part of the "whle problem" just like they are.
(04-11-2018, 04:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Calling me a racist flat out is a direct shot at my integrity. You don't know me and to generalize everyone is a racist is wrong. 

Oh really?

(04-11-2018, 04:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: i have found those who call others racists are more than likely racists. I think those who call those white supremacists are normally racist (anti-white). 

I have found that many people who call the KKK racist are NOT racist.

Just my .02
(04-11-2018, 04:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not sure how equality is "political". I find it extremely racist of anyone who isn't tolerant of that simple action. White man vote trump, against this action = 100%.

You have your choice to put your money elsewhere, do it. The NFL has already said it's up to the teams, they're not going to control it. It's not like the Bengals put out a product worth watching anyway! I would find it hilarious if we won the super bowl and you didn't watch a single game because of someone protesting for equality, surely nobody is that dumb (then again the average NFL fan has got to be the dumber segment of the population).

So to Bonnie and others, if you're not having your hand on your heart in your house and hat off during the anthem - what's that saying super religious say, he/she who casts the first stone? Bullshit. You're drinking a beer on the couch with your hand down your pants like the rest of us. You would stop watching if AJ Green kneeled once? Lol!

Are you even watching the anthem? Get real! Go watch some other pitiful sport, American's greatest past time, thew whitest and most boring sport in america, Baseball. lol.

Oh shit, Tebow is kneeling and praying, I'm not going to watch another game, any team, ever again. Oh shit, Curry points to the sky and thanks God after his 3 pointers, well shit I don't believe in God, I'm not watching another game again. CALL ME DUMBO MY EARS ARE BIG ENOUGH.

Life ends real fast so make your decision, don't watch or watch, do something better with that time. I'll agree to one thing, Bengals are surely a waste of a Sunday's time.

While I would certainly take a kneeling impact player, Mike Brown has every right to dictate how his employees behave while at work. I would also commend Mike for bringing this up with him before any contract giving Reid the ability to decide for himself. Now I’d still rather have a quality player who kneels,.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Damn, I never realized how much of a racist that guy was. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-11-2018, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And since the kneeling has nothing to do with watching the gameit should not matter.

NO ONE comes to an NFL game to watch the players during thre National Anthem.

Again, I’m not saying they’re wrong for it. I’m saying people have the right - like the very right they’re exercising - to not agree with that method of protest.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Ugh. Reading the latest in this thread is very saddening, thanks again media. We are all one people in this nation. Unfortunately, we go this route in the discussion.
(04-11-2018, 10:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ugh. Reading the latest in this thread is very saddening, thanks again media. We are all one people in this nation. Unfortunately, we go this route in the discussion.

I just realized this was now in P&R. Well Holic gave it a shot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-11-2018, 10:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I just realized this was now in P&R. Well Holic gave it a shot.

And here we are. Gnashing of teeth and unbothered hell.
(04-11-2018, 08:25 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Like serving your country? I've seen some of my closest friends die for the flag. Those guys had families, friends, etc... Personally I am not offended by it, but certainly not something I would call thin skinned if you're upset about it. To a lot of people who seen lives lost, unfathomable amount of time invested into training, and the brotherhood you share... it's something you take extremely personally like your family/kids.

I'll admit the main reason I can just shrug and ignore the anthem protests is because I don't know anyone who died for the flag nor do I know anyone who was shot and killed by the police.  I'd imagine there are people on both sides who are far more justified in their stances than me.
(04-11-2018, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit the main reason I can just shrug and ignore the anthem protests is because I don't know anyone who died for the flag nor do I know anyone who was shot and killed by the police.  I'd imagine there are people on both sides who are far more justified in their stances than me.

Yeah, I won't also pretend to understand the every day struggle of black people and their oppression, but I am totally willing to listen/help/support their cause, but just wish the method the NFL players used is different is all. How I personally look at it is In the roughly two-minute rendition of Key’s poem, we want to feel unified in belonging to a country with such a diverse background. When the players use this time of unity to divisively advance their agenda, outrage is probably going to happen. We should never shy away from acknowledging our issues, but equally as important, perhaps more so, is celebrating our strengths. I fully understand without this protest, there's no discussion like this going on, but just wish there was a healthier method of delivery on how we can get better as a society. But this did exactly as it was intended, so mission accomplished and happy the vast majority of this country is now well aware of this problem and hopefully working toward getting better.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
(04-11-2018, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit the main reason I can just shrug and ignore the anthem protests is because I don't know anyone who died for the flag nor do I know anyone who was shot and killed by the police.  I'd imagine there are people on both sides who are far more justified in their stances than me.

I just think a quiet protest for 2-3 minutes is a-okay.  They aren't running around disrupting the anthem.

If their boss says they can't do it then they can't.

If the boss doesn't say anything about it the can.

Simple enough.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.