Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Reid filing collusion Grievence
This will kinda affect the bengals as we had him in for a visit so I'm sure the upper brass will be called in as to why he wasn't signed blah blah...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/02/eric-reid-files-collusion-grievance-against-nfl/

While  there is a loop hole that allows players the right to protest.  It is also up to the employeer ie other teams if they want to hire someone or not.  No one has a right to force a job to hire them I don't think.

If this needs moved to PR or some other section I understand.
(05-02-2018, 12:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This will kinda affect the bengals as we had him in for a visit so I'm sure the upper brass will be called in as to why he wasn't signed blah blah...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/02/eric-reid-files-collusion-grievance-against-nfl/

While  there is a loop hole that allows players the right to protest.  It is also up to the employeer ie other teams if they want to hire someone or not.  No one has a right to force a job to hire them I don't think.

Bengals are more likely to be what blows up his argument. His position is the NFL is colluding not to hire him, what for is irrelevant to the accusation. The Bengals brought him in and at least interviewed him which shows they had some level of interest in his skills but his refusal to commit to kneeling or not was the deal breaker. The fact they can show that had he answered differently they were interested means there wasn't a flat out embargo on hiring him. 
I think Eric needs to get his message straight before doing interviews. He seemed to waver while he was here, and then things leaked out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
how is that working out for Kaepernick?
(05-02-2018, 12:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This will kinda affect the bengals as we had him in for a visit so I'm sure the upper brass will be called in as to why he wasn't signed blah blah...

I think he is getting bad advice from someone. Possibly a Lawyer that he may have to pay for services.

Filing a grievance may turn even more teams off and he may not win the case.

At age 26, it could cost him big money during his peak earning years in the NFL.

Kaepernick is 30 and better established financially than Reid but Colin is losing out on big money as well.

They are definitely sacrificing for the cause they support but may not have realized when they started just how much they would have to sacrifice.

NFL teams, on the other hand, appear to have the right not to bring them aboard making for an interesting political dynamic.
Can’t get a job Because of his own nonsense actions.

It’s not collusion when you torpedo your own career. Probably Cost his brother draft position as well.

No one wants to hire a high maintance headache. Especially one who is just average or even above average.
(05-02-2018, 12:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Bengals are more likely to be what blows up his argument. His position is the NFL is colluding not to hire him, what for is irrelevant to the accusation. The Bengals brought him in and at least interviewed him which shows they had some level of interest in his skills but his refusal to commit to kneeling or not was the deal breaker. The fact they can show that had he answered differently they were interested means there wasn't a flat out embargo on hiring him. 

i'd say Reid was the biggest loser with our 2nd round draft pick..

Yeah this kid is gonna be broke by time these proceedings are done.

Get your Dream Job then throw it in the trash.

We've done more for Reid then any other team did, we brought him in and didnt sign him for reasons unknown. Im sure the narrative is that we didnt sign him because of the stupid protest thing, but no one really knows that for sure. Maybe we just simply said were interested but not ready to offer a deal until after the draft. Something i wish these idiots would get is that owners have the right to sign anyone they want, its their team and money. If a owner is nervous that the backlash from signing a guy involved in these demonstrations will have some kind of negative effect on their fan base then they are perfectly in their right not signing said player. Its as easy as this, there's a consequence for every choice we make, guys like Kaepernick and Reid made a choice to inject politics into football, a place where many people go to escape all the political crap thats in our faces everyday, and this is their consequence.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
The league left open the can of worms when they opted to let players openly protest. Whether you agree with or disagree with the players desire to protest is really irrelevant. The league in effect backed the protests at the time and  now apparently wants to reseal the can of worms and force players to commit to giving up their right to protest. The league is coming over as an entity trying to have it both ways. They want players to voice their opinions, but only when it doesn't conflict with their ability to generate revenue and there is really no way to determine what may or may not become a flash point later on down the road. This one is over kneeling during the anthem over police brutality, etc., but who knows what the next protest might crop up and whether the public will agree or disagree.  It's tough to tell which side of history any protest might end up on. Not long ago there were protests and debates over whether black players could play in the leagues. In 1940 having a black player on your team would have been unthinkable ,but now a majority of players are black and not many people give it a second thought. 
They're of course different issues, but there are similarities as well. 
There really are more important issues our nation faces than whether the league makes enough revenue or not and we certainly will never come to a consensus on police tactics. After all, is there really any majorities of people in favor of letting police shoot and kill people whenever the mood strikes them? Of course not so we've reached the point where standing up during a song is more important than the lives of people getting killed . I don't see how this is going to end well for the league if they are going to attempt to silence protest something that the majority of people are fundamentally opposed to, a police state with extrajudicial killings. 
Both sides of this issue, kneeling during anthem have handled it about as bad as possible. I don't think anyone could have even written a script that handled it worse than this is playing out .
(05-02-2018, 12:56 PM)grampahol Wrote: The league left open the can of worms when they opted to let players openly protest. Whether you agree with or disagree with the players desire to protest is really irrelevant. The league in effect backed the protests at the time and  now apparently wants to reseal the can of worms and force players to commit to giving up their right to protest. The league is coming over as an entity trying to have it both ways. They want players to voice their opinions, but only when it doesn't conflict with their ability to generate revenue and there is really no way to determine what may or may not become a flash point later on down the road. This one is over kneeling during the anthem over police brutality, etc., but who knows what the next protest might crop up and whether the public will agree or disagree.  It's tough to tell which side of history any protest might end up on. Not long ago there were protests and debates over whether black players could play in the leagues. In 1940 having a black player on your team would have been unthinkable ,but now a majority of players are black and not many people give it a second thought. 
They're of course different issues, but there are similarities as well. 
There really are more important issues our nation faces than whether the league makes enough revenue or not and we certainly will never come to a consensus on police tactics. After all, is there really any majorities of people in favor of letting police shoot and kill people whenever the mood strikes them? Of course not so we've reached the point where standing up during a song is more important than the lives of people getting killed . I don't see how this is going to end well for the league if they are going to attempt to silence protest something that the majority of people are fundamentally opposed to, a police state with extrajudicial killings. 
Both sides of this issue, kneeling during anthem have handled it about as bad as possible. I don't think anyone could have even written a script that handled it worse than this is playing out .

It really doesn't matter what the league allows if an owner of a team decides he doesn't want you representing is billion dollar business he has the right not to hire you.

The Government gives you the right to protest but if you do that at work you most likely wont be back the next day or ever.
Just brilliant man lmao! Hilarious

Happy we got Jessie Bates III.
Does Reid even know what "collusion" means? I would hope he would have actual evidence that teams are coordinating an effort to keep him from being signed and he's not just going with the "no one's hiring me so obviously it's collusion"argument.

Socal Bengals fan Wrote:how is that working out for Kaepernick?

Also this. ^
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-02-2018, 01:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just brilliant man lmao! Hilarious

Happy we got Jessie Bates III.

Mr Brown  why did you not sign Eric Reid.

A: Jessie Bates III
(05-02-2018, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Does Reid even know what "collusion" means? I would hope he would have actual evidence that teams are coordinating an effort to keep him from being signed and he's not just going with the "no one's hiring me so obviously it's collusion"argument.

Also this. ^

dude think of all the out of work Football players that are being colluded against by the league thinking they aren't good enough to play anymore.

Just because you had a starting job and got benched    Doesn't mean you deserve a starting job again lol...  

Was Ray Rice Colluded against after he punched his soon to be wife out cold?

what about that DE from the panthers.

Hell poor manziel is being colluded against too... and TEBOW

all these guys need jobs.(just not in the NFL)
(05-02-2018, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Does Reid even know what "collusion" means? I would hope he would have actual evidence that teams are coordinating an effort to keep him from being signed and he's not just going with the "no one's hiring me so obviously it's collusion"argument.

Also this. ^

He is using Kap's lawyer who has already been involved in discovery in that case. That tells me they may have found something they feel can be used in this case. 
Another thing working against Reid's argument: you honestly think the other NFL owners can convince Mike Brown to do anything? Ha
(05-02-2018, 01:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is using Kap's lawyer who has already been involved in discovery in that case. That tells me they may have found something they feel can be used in this case. 

Like I said, I would hope he has some foundation for his argument.
"somebody wont pay me millions of dollars to do my own thing on their time" = collusion
Martin Luther King's quote of wanting his children to be judged by the "content of their character" and not by the "color of their skin" offers some guidance here.

Putting people into groups by race or by them wearing a Police uniform takes away their individuality. Then everyone in each group gets judged as a group leading to over-generalizations about that group.

Each person, no matter what race they are, is an individual that should be judged by the content of their individual character.

Each police officer is an individual that should be judged by the content of their individual character.

Randomly discriminating against a person because they are in a certain racial group is a foolish act and randomly shooting a police officer because his uniform places him in a certain group is also a foolish act.

Wisdom is judging each person based on the content of their own personal character.
Reid's an egg !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !