Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
Remember though, DJT "doesn't take a salary".

And his children would not get involved with businesses overseas while he is in office.

Y'all still dumb enough to believe that?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/eric-trump-billed-taxpayers-dollar80k-for-two-day-business-trip-to-uruguay

Quote:Eric Trump racked up a taxpayer-funded hotel bill that would make Kevin McCallister weep on a two-day business trip to Uruguay last year. The president’s son visited a Trump Organization property being developed in Punta Del Este on Jan. 8 and 9 in a trip that cost taxpayers at least $80,786, the advocacy group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington found after obtaining records under the Freedom of Information Act. More than $55,000 went to the Grand Hotel, a luxury hotel one block from the Trump development where Eric stayed.

The costs are part of a massive bill of Secret Service protection that the president’s family has racked up while managing his private business empire. Eric’s previous trip to the Uruguay property in 2017 cost taxpayers $97,830 in hotel rooms for Secret Service and embassy staff. “The fact that his protection comes at such a significant cost when he is promoting foreign business interests raises serious ethics questions, as the company could repay the government, although we’ve seen no signs that they do,” CREW said.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
As a trumpet I love it how trump is a lying piece of trash and it pisses off the snowflakes when he does scumbag shit.

As an American this really burns my ass.
So let's say the kids were in no way involved in the White House, and he took a trip like this. Would it still be the same?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-28-2020, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So let's say the kids were in no way involved in the White House, and he took a trip like this.  Would it still be the same?

You and I wouldn't be paying for Trump to continue to do business overseas.
(02-28-2020, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So let's say the kids were in no way involved in the White House, and he took a trip like this.  Would it still be the same?

All adult children of sitting US presidents and VPs get SS protection. They can decline it but Eric and Don Jr do not, and have racked up solid bills for their foreign business trips in the last 3 years.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-28-2020, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So let's say the kids were in no way involved in the White House, and he took a trip like this. Would it still be the same?

Yes. As children, even adult children, of the POTUS they are a target for enemies of the nation and are therefore afforded Secret Service protection.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Hard to complain when his kids get SS protection and that's mainly what the bill was for.

It's no different than the Obama's taking vacations to Spain or even when his eldest daughter went to concerts. The SS goes to.

The same was done for Bush and his family. They get the protection and anywhere they go whether for business or pleasure the SS goes as well all of it on Taxpayer money.

It's part of the process.

If you want to complain, then you should be complaining about Obama reversing the SS from 10 years after OOO back to Lifetime SS for Former POTUS and their spouse (kids til 16).
(02-28-2020, 01:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hard to complain when his kids get SS protection and that's mainly what the bill was for.

It's no different than the Obama's taking vacations to Spain or even when his eldest daughter went to concerts. The SS goes to.

The same was done for Bush and his family. They get the protection and anywhere they go whether for business or pleasure the SS goes as well all of it on Taxpayer money.

If you want to complain, then you should be complaining about Obama reversing the SS from 10 years after OOO back to Lifetime SS for Former POTUS and their spouse (kids til 16).

I'm "complaining" about the adult children doing business overseas and us paying them for it while they pump money into their own pockets.

I understand the need for protection.  I don't care if it's for "life".  (They can refuse it.)  
(02-28-2020, 01:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm "complaining" about the adult children doing business overseas and us paying them for it while they pump money into their own pockets.

I understand the need for protection.  I don't care if it's for "life".  (They can refuse it.)  

So do you think he should have turned down protection, or not gone?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-28-2020, 01:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm "complaining" about the adult children doing business overseas and us paying them for it while they pump money into their own pockets.

Then what are you complaining about?
You are the OP, so obviously you have an issue with it somewhere.
(02-28-2020, 01:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hard to complain when his kids get SS protection and that's mainly what the bill was for.

Those are all examples of family trips or going out. None of those examples involved 35-40 year old adult children staying at expensive hotels in foreign nations for their own personal business interests. 

They could do the right thing and pay for the excessive cost.

(02-28-2020, 02:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So do you think he should have turned down protection, or not gone?

I think they should pay for some of it when they are on personal business trips while their father is still the POTUS.

But I also think the POTUS shouldn't have everyone stay at his personal properties while he is in office.
(02-28-2020, 02:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Those are all examples of family trips or going out. None of those examples involved 35-40 year old adult children staying at expensive hotels in foreign nations for their own personal business interests. 

They could do the right thing and pay for the excessive cost.

They get the protection no matter what or where they go whether it's for business or pleasure. Did they charge their own hotel expenses as well? or just those of the SS? And even funnier, they didn't even stay at a Trump Properties Hotel, just one down the road. Can't win.

(02-28-2020, 02:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think they should pay for some of it when they are on personal business trips while their father is still the POTUS.

But I also think the POTUS shouldn't have everyone stay at his personal properties while he is in office.

Do you know if those figures included their hotel rooms or not? I don't think they should have to pay for anything in regards to the SS, their hotels food etc.

His own personal Properties? Why not? he's familiar with them and has the space. I have no real issues with that, yea he's making a buck or two on our dime, but then again.. name a Politician that hasn't entered office with a net value of 200k or less and checked out of office as a millionaire.
(03-02-2020, 04:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: , but then again.. name a Politician that hasn't entered office with a net value of 200k or less and checked out of office as a millionaire.

And therein lies the problem. Everybody just getting their die on the taxpayer dime... Except the taxpayer.

I'm ok with a trip or two in office. I'm ok with the bills for a family member trip or two. It's the acceptance of near weekly outings that's reprehensible.
(03-02-2020, 11:22 PM)Benton Wrote: And therein lies the problem. Everybody just getting their die on the taxpayer dime... Except the taxpayer.

I'm ok with a trip or two in office. I'm ok with the bills for a family member trip or two. It's the acceptance of near weekly outings that's reprehensible.

Not to mention that the behavior mentioned is indicative of "the swamp." You know, the one he is supposed to be draining.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-02-2020, 04:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They get the protection no matter what or where they go whether it's for business or pleasure. Did they charge their own hotel expenses as well? or just those of the SS? And even funnier, they didn't even stay at a Trump Properties Hotel, just one down the road. Can't win.

That in no way addresses what I said, but I guess deflecting from the point is the only way to defend the action of the Trumps.

(03-02-2020, 04:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They get the protection no matter what or where they go whether it's for business or pleasure. Did they charge their own hotel expenses as well? or just those of the SS? And even funnier, they didn't even stay at a Trump Properties Hotel, just one down the road. Can't win.

Do you know if those figures included their hotel rooms or not? I don't think they should have to pay for anything in regards to the SS, their hotels food etc.

His own personal Properties? Why not? he's familiar with them and has the space. I have no real issues with that, yea he's making a buck or two on our dime, but then again.. name a Politician that hasn't entered office with a net value of 200k or less and checked out of office as a millionaire.

He didn't stay at his own property because he was there about...checks notes...building a new property.*

Quote:The president’s son visited a Trump Organization property being developed in Punta Del Este 

You know, international business that the family said they wouldn't do while daddy was in office.

But you probably believe Trump isn't still running the business because he said so while standing next to a pile of blank paper.

* Please read the articles.   Smirk
(03-03-2020, 09:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That in no way addresses what I said, but I guess deflecting from the point is the only way to defend the action of the Trumps.

I believe I did and speaking of deflecting.

I asked did they pay for their own Personal Hotel usage?

They should not pay for anything the SS needs. Food/Shelter etc. They are a part of the First Family and the protection is automatically granted and they were in a foreign country to boot, so yes, they should have the Protection. We can't have the POTUS compromised cause his family is endangered, surely you have no beef with that.
(03-03-2020, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: He didn't stay at his own property because he was there about...checks notes...building a new property.*

You know, international business that the family said they wouldn't do while daddy was in office.

But you probably believe Trump isn't still running the business because he said so while standing next to a pile of blank paper.

* Please read the articles.   Smirk

I know why they were there, I just found it amusing when you complain about both sides.

Also Trump is a business person. He's like Mike Brown. He will always be involved in one way or another, no matter what. And I don't really care one way or another. You can't have him just stop running his business because he's POTUS. His businesses make him his money, POTUS is notoriety. Sure he can fix things or mess them up more, that's the way every POTUS works, and sometimes it's not even his doing, it's Congress squabbling over this or that.

Obama actually had a Dem House/Senate at one point. He could have done a lot more, but that wasn't his game. Most just want to complain about what they couldn't get accomplished, haven't you noticed that?
(03-04-2020, 08:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I know why they were there, I just found it amusing when you complain about both sides.

No you didn't.

(03-04-2020, 08:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Also Trump is a business person. He's like Mike Brown. He will always be involved in one way or another, no matter what. And I don't really care one way or another. You can't have him just stop running his business because he's POTUS. His businesses make him his money, POTUS is notoriety. Sure he can fix things or mess them up more, that's the way every POTUS works, and sometimes it's not even his doing, it's Congress squabbling over this or that.

Obama actually had a Dem House/Senate at one point. He could have done a lot more, but that wasn't his game. Most just want to complain about what they couldn't get accomplished, haven't you noticed that?

Figures.