Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Winston?
(12-05-2016, 07:43 PM)Derrick Wrote: Ogeebogee needs to get in the weight room and the training table to beef up and to gain a lot of strength, He may be quick enough (can't tell from his turnstile blocking) but is definitely NOT strong enough to play NFL football. He had better come into camp 25-30 pounds heavier and able to bend steel with his bare hands Nervous . Fisher should join him. He also seems too soft. ThumbsUp

It's going to take a lot more than putting on some weight, and gaining some strength to make Ogbuehi a legitimate NFL Tackle.  In my opinion, he just does not have the aggressiveness to get the job done.  That, is something that cannot be taught, you either have it by now, or you never will.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 07:52 PM)Derrick Wrote: I totally agree with your cut list. The decision makers should be tarred and feathered. I watched the game in rerun mode with an eye on certain players. M. Johnson is about 2 steps too slow. He has about the same quickness as Hunt - NONE! The safeties still can't figure out where they are supposed to be on any given play. The CBs are probably at fault too.

I was watching Clarke when he was in for M Johnson too and he made no impact whatsoever...Jason Peters is a good LT i guess but it kind if solidified for me that RDE needs serious attention.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 07:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not that great at RT, from what I remember.  It seems he was better at G and LT.  I didn't watch a whole lot of A & M, mainly because of Manziel until he got drafted (sheesh that little punk made me sick), and being an FSU fan, I watch more ACC games.  There are probably others here who can give you a much better idea than me.  I do remember he gave up like 6 or 7 sacks in his senior year.

That seems unlike Tobin. Not saying that the Archie Griffin factor can't happen to anyone in that position, on any team, but if he wasn't tearing it up in college, I don't understand the attraction and reasoning??
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's going to take a lot more than putting on some weight, and gaining some strength to make Ogbuehi a legitimate NFL Tackle.  In my opinion, he just does not have the aggressiveness to get the job done.  That, is something that cannot be taught, you either have it by now, or you never will.

Have you seen the latest Bengals weekly review with Lap and Hoard?

Lap uses the word 'soft' when talking about Ogbuehi and implies you'd want Og to almost be demanding his job back (he was banging his fists on the table to emphasise the point  Smirk) ....almost implies that when it comes to being run through thats gotta come from him to resist, may get beaten on the outside but cant let someone power through you.

..its completely subjective but based on what you see and the quiet demeanour he projected when interviewed when drafted i kinda don't see him as that sort of aggressive guy.  I know some people were annoyed with Whit with his belligerent reaction to them drafting two OT's but he's basically shown they cannot do without him since.....
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That seems unlike Tobin. Not saying that the Archie Griffin factor can't happen to anyone in that position, on any team, but if he wasn't tearing it up in college, I don't understand the attraction and reasoning??

It is kind of boggling, isn't it?  Only answer that I can imagine is that Paul Alexander and Marvin got together to give Tobin a snowjob about how they were going to draft Two franchise Tackles, for the price of One.  Turns out, they should have just drafted One real Tackle, and spent the other pick on Center, LB, DE, or Safety...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It is kind of boggling, isn't it?  Only answer that I can imagine is that Paul Alexander and Marvin got together to give Tobin a snowjob about how they were going to draft Two franchise Tackles, for the price of One.  Turns out, they should have just drafted One real Tackle, and spent the other pick on Center, LB, DE, or Safety...

Something is off center.  Every team is going to draft guys, now and then, that become busts in the NFL, even the Pats, but they just get rid of them within a reasonable amount of time.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That seems unlike Tobin. Not saying that the Archie Griffin factor can't happen to anyone in that position, on any team, but if he wasn't tearing it up in college, I don't understand the attraction and reasoning??

(12-05-2016, 09:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It is kind of boggling, isn't it?  Only answer that I can imagine is that Paul Alexander and Marvin got together to give Tobin a snowjob about how they were going to draft Two franchise Tackles, for the price of One.  Turns out, they should have just drafted One real Tackle, and spent the other pick on Center, LB, DE, or Safety...

From what I understand, Piano Man was frothing at the mouth over Cedric's athleticism (seems I read he was "pounding on the table" on draft day? hopefully figuratively speaking), and being the overblown, self absorbed ego centrist that he is, thought he could "teach him his ways".  The game has passed Alexander by....like 5 or 6 years ago.  It's time to put a boot in his ass.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:19 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Have you seen the latest Bengals weekly review with Lap and Hoard?

Lap uses the word 'soft' when talking about Ogbuehi and implies you'd want Og to almost be demanding his job back (he was banging his fists on the table to emphasise the point  Smirk) ....almost implies that when it comes to being run through thats gotta come from him to resist, may get beaten on the outside but cant let someone power through you.

..its completely subjective but based on what you see and the quiet demeanour he projected when interviewed when drafted i kinda don't see him as that sort of aggressive guy.  I know some people were annoyed with Whit with his belligerent reaction to them drafting two OT's but he's basically shown they cannot do without him since.....

No, I have not seen the weekly review.  But, from what you have said, I completely agree with what Lap had to say.  It is true, one does need an aggressive nature to be a good OLman.  If you're going to sit back and rely on being a technician, you'd better be physically superior and the best damn technician on the field.  Which Ogbuehi has proven to be neither, compounded by his lack of aggression, he is a bust, loser, Mama's Boy, etc.  He needs to just take his signing bonus, and go home and re-evaluate his life to this point.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Something is off center.  Every team is going to draft guys, now and then, that become busts in the NFL, even the Pats, but they just get rid of them within a reasonable amount of time.

Remember Piano Man's tirade about a witch hunt concerning Bodine?  How he lamented how "Nasty" Nate Ole`Livings was?  He's a stubborn puke, and full of himself....to the detriment of our team.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, I have not seen the weekly review.  But, from what you have said, I completely agree with what Lap had to say.  It is true, one does need an aggressive nature to be a good OLman.  If you're going to sit back and rely on being a technician, you'd better be physically superior and the best damn technician on the field.  Which Ogbuehi has proven to be neither, compounded by his lack of aggression, he is a bust, loser, Mama's Boy, etc.  He needs to just take his signing bonus, and go home and re-evaluate his life to this point.

....and sometimes, when you're outmatched, you just gotta be downright dirty. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Something is off center.  Every team is going to draft guys, now and then, that become busts in the NFL, even the Pats, but they just get rid of them within a reasonable amount of time.

You're right, something is off center.  That thing is that Paul Alexander has entirely too much sway on picks in the War Room.  Time to get rid of his ass, his floundering Center (pun intended), as well as his Mama's Boy Tackle project..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 06:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Wyche, how did O look in college?  I mean, could this be like an Archie Griffin type thing, where he was amazing in college but just didn't cut it in the NFL?

Coming out of college, there was tape of very good Ogubehi and also tape of bad Ogubehi.

I actually did a scouting report on him: http://stripehype.com/2015/05/05/2015-nfl-draft-cedric-ogbuehi-scouting-report/

But if you don't feel like clicking the link, I'll just give the strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths: Quick feet. Able to engage and disengage blocks quite easily and smoothly, as well as push his opponent into another blocker and still maintain leverage. Quick and uses his hands quickly. Relies on technique and the ability to remain agile. He has the speed to match up extremely well against speed rushers and not lose containment. Great length. Amazing in pass protection and can shut down quick defenders. He is a natural knee bender to go along with his quick feet, which some NFL offensive tackles lack a combination of. Has shown he can read screens and continue to block down the field, which helps with his speed. He is explosive and fast at the point of attack. Can be moved along the line and is flexible. Long arms and quick hands allow him to stay nimble.

Weaknesses: Injuries. Torn ACL and has had other injuries; an ankle injury in 2011 and an undisclosed injury in 2013. Lacks strength. Too many times he struggles with bull rushes and strong defenders. While watching tape, Ogubehi would get into position and do everything he needed to do from a coaching standpoint, but lacked the strength to sustain blocks. Sometimes plays too high and allows defenders to get around him or control him. Doesn’t always control opponents, but rather catches defenders. Needs to work on his hands and punch. While he has good footwork technique, he struggles with his hand technique.

Throughout, Ogubehi has shown all of this, but also in negative ways. He has shown he still has quick feet, but as stated he lacks strength. He does get moved around more than he should and doesn't anchor. His technique still needs work. He has a lot of things you want in a tackle. But he struggles with staying engaged, anchoring, and technique.

Also, of note, he was VERY good in 2013. But 2014 was a down year for him too.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 10:25 AM)milksheikh Wrote: How did Eric Winston play?

I didn't get to look at him during the game (forgot to) so I didn't see if he blocked well which lead to such a great game by Dalton?

Winston played decent, and it is a big reason the O played as well as it did.

Dalton just needs some time cuz he is good, real good when he has some time.

Hey, we have been calling for benching Og for awhile.

Seems the same thing every year, the coaches just take awhile to get it.

Here comes Fredtoast lol Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 01:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sing us a song, you're the piano man! Sing us a song tonight. Cuz we're all in the mood for good blocking, but you've got us punching tv's. Ow..Ow..Ouchee Ow...Ow ow ow.

So much truth. Loyalty and patience cost this team dearly this year. Just as it's probably the primary reason this team has no playoff wins since 1990. Mike Brown is too loyal to PA, who is in turn too loyal to guys like Ogbuehi and Bodine. 

Nugent is probably retained because Mikey has a soft spot for mediocrity...and guys from OSU.

Yep, the piano man would be my very first coach replaced.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 10:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, the piano man would be my very first coach replaced.

At this point, I'd rather can Wolfgang than Marv. Seriously.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
okay, what's the piano man connection?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:11 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: okay, what's the piano man connection?

Billy Joel goes by "piano man". Paul Alexander fancies himself a pianist.

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 12:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Those arguing sweeps and tosses for Hill are bad play calling are off base. One cut runners are supposed to be able to go outside then find the crease, cut, and work up field. The issue is two fold, bad blocking and lack of vision for hill but just because Hill isn't a burner doesn't mean he can't go outside. If you don't keep them honest with outside runs then they collapse down and nothing works.

When they have a lead or a tie the Bengals basically seem to default to running on 1st and 2nd down. Seems like anyways and opponents will make defensive calls based on that tendency. So they're looking for runs and we can't seem to run block consistently if our lives depended on it. The occasional good run blocking plays are few and far between and are nullified by the numerous plays where the defense is in the backfield.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's going to take a lot more than putting on some weight, and gaining some strength to make Ogbuehi a legitimate NFL Tackle.  In my opinion, he just does not have the aggressiveness to get the job done.  That, is something that cannot be taught, you either have it by now, or you never will.

If he doesn't bite as a puppy, he won't bite as a dog. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
There is zero potential with oggieboggie. Zero zilch none. He's not strong. He doesn't have size. He doesn't show instincts. He's just a soupsandwich.
Reply/Quote