Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Roster Management Cont...
(09-28-2020, 04:48 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  Please do.  You act like this is such a catastrophic error in judgment that this kicker is keeping the solution on the PS, so it should be pretty easy to name that player who will solve it all.  Name that solution, please.  But remember, this must be a player who can be plugged right in to solve a big problem.  I'd love to hear that name.  And he'd obviously need to be someone who is ready to start right now but can't because the kicker is keeping him off the active roster.

Me and about 31 other teams who don't carry 2 kickers. 

But why must it be a player to plug in and solve a big problem? A 2nd kicker doesn't do that.

How about I save you the time reading a list and answer with. Any of the players on the practice squad I'd take over a 2nd kicker.

You had to add a lot to come up with some questions on stuff I never even mentioned (big problem, solution, plugged in right away, ready to start). I mean if you need all that fake news about my original statement maybe this thread wasn't for you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Me and about 31 other teams who don't carry 2 kickers. 

How about I save you the time reading a list and answer with. Any of the players on the practice squad I'd take over a 2nd kicker.

Way to not answer my question AT ALL.   Seems your whole thread is kinda poo poo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: When the target you really want goes a pick before you and catches you unprepared. 

Unprepared my a$$, this happens every other year so it should be expected by now.

In the early rounds, if your 2 picks away and the guy you really want is there, move the heck up. Cause you know if you wait, a team will jump us every dang time. No matter what. These guys can't hide who they are picking. I mean if I can figure it out 7/9 years correct.  Then I'm sure guys paid the big bucks can.
Reply/Quote
Have any of our team reporters asked why we are still wasting a spot and carrying two kickers?
Reply/Quote
Not that I know of. I don't get it honestly.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:50 PM)McC Wrote: Way to not answer my question AT ALL.   Seems your whole thread is kinda poo poo.

Seems like you just have an issue with me you can't get over. But hey, it's my thread and you don't have to comment (or read).

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 05:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Have any of our team reporters asked why we are still wasting a spot and carrying two kickers?

Maybe because we had a kicker cost us a chance to win on opening day?  Blowing a chip shot is no small thing, especially when OT was looking like a great opportunity, as Bengals had a shit ton of momentum on the back stretch of that game.

I can also understand the logic in questioning keeping a 2nd kicker on the 53 (or whatever it is this year) and not being able to use him on game day.  It's almost like a Scarecrow to Bullock.  "You screw up, just one more time..  Your replacement is already on the active roster!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This gives me a chance to make a point stated by others and to ask questions of those who know more than me.

First, when you have a chance to land a generational talent like Burrow, why wasn't improving the o line the top priority this off season?

It makes no sense whatsoever to franchise a WR at $18 million- regardless of how much we all love him and appreciate his efforts, instead of using that money to buy 2 or 3 quality o linemen to protect your future.

I mean, honestly, what are the Brown family thinking??? Are they really this clueless???

The whole future of this franchise and staying in Cincinnati depends on protecting your future- and Burrow is the one and only hope for the future of this franchise.

Second, is Billy Price the slowest reacting lineman to ever play for the Bengals or at least in the top 5. He looked pathetic last year and this year guys are still making moves and blowing right by him.

How was this not appreciated before drafting him in first round.

How management did not appreciate the lack of quality on the o line but did nothing to address after getting Burrow is mind boggling.

Back then, Price played on an Ohio St team that primarily ran the ball or had extremely quick throws which didn't require him to do much other than drive off the ball. He won All-American doing that. Also, he only played C one year. Last, Price fit more of what the OL coach at the time (Pollack) wanted to do with the offense, which is drive off the ball. It's why Price had his best year under Pollack.

Flat out, Price is not a fit in this offensive and OL scheme.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Seems like you just have an issue with me you can't get over. But hey, it's my thread and you don't have to comment (or read).

Correction--I have no issue with you at all.  I do have issue with you not answering my simple question.  Do you really not see the difference?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:23 PM)McC Wrote: Correction--I have no issue with you at all.  I do have issue with you not answering my simple question.  Do you really not see the difference?
Any single practice squad guy would be contributing more than a 2nd kicker on the 53. Even if he plays 1 play on special teams it would still be contributing more and helping this disaster more than a 2nd kicker. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This gives me a chance to make a point stated by others and to ask questions of those who know more than me.

First, when you have a chance to land a generational talent like Burrow, why wasn't improving the o line the top priority this off season?

It makes no sense whatsoever to franchise a WR at $18 million- regardless of how much we all love him and appreciate his efforts, instead of using that money to buy 2 or 3 quality o linemen to protect your future.

I mean, honestly, what are the Brown family thinking??? Are they really this clueless???

The whole future of this franchise and staying in Cincinnati depends on protecting your future- and Burrow is the one and only hope for the future of this franchise.

Second, is Billy Price the slowest reacting lineman to ever play for the Bengals or at least in the top 5. He looked pathetic last year and this year guys are still making moves and blowing right by him.

How was this not appreciated before drafting him in first round.

How management did not appreciate the lack of quality on the o line but did nothing to address after getting Burrow is mind boggling.
The O-line coach Turner said we was good on the O-line that he was happy with the guys we had in the offseason. 

I seen Hopkins block the left guards guy and push him to the left side creating a huge hole in the center of the line like Price use to do. So Price playing right guard had to lunge for that guy that Hopkins should of been blocking and more or less just chipped him and slowed him down. I am not happy with the play of any of our O-linemen this year so far. The only one I give a pass to is Jonah Williams since this is his rookie year. I know we can not replace them all that is why Hopkins does not get as much call outs as the rest he messes up the least. When Price we back to the huddle he pointed his finger at someone and they showed the replay right after that and it was the center fault. Before you all roast me I thought the same thing most of you are thinking now Price is the last one that should be pointing fingers but in that case he was correct.

P.S. I think it is more of a coaching issue then player issue in most cases or blocking scheme.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Your weekly friendly reminder!

Troy Blackburn (March 2019):

“For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle? Who? Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize. In our business you have to solve the problem. If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at $17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really? We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist (in free agency). You have to deal in the universe of options you have. We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average. Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. …”

You draft a guy higher then the 6th round or trade a player for a decent guy you do not just throw your hands up in the air and say nobody is a decent FA pickup so oh well our franchise QB can just run for his life this year. How about not spending 18 million for a WR for one year after he sat out all year over a boo-boo last year. It is Tobin's job to get creative and fix the issue or get a coach that can no excuse for getting Burrow sacked 8 times in a game. Burrow does not need 18 million dollar WR he does just fine throwing to any WR we got.

As far as XSF goes even if he is decent we was still thin on the O-line and need depth not to mention a decent starting RT.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 10:55 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Any single practice squad guy would be contributing more than a 2nd kicker on the 53. Even if he plays 1 play on special teams it would still be contributing more and helping this disaster more than a 2nd kicker. 

Not really.  They can only dress 48 people on game day.  Any PS player they bring up instead of a 2nd K is likely to just be inactive on game day.

I'm not necessarily thrilled with holding onto a 2nd K, but it's not like it's really hurting the team right now, either.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 10:55 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Any single practice squad guy would be contributing more than a 2nd kicker on the 53. Even if he plays 1 play on special teams it would still be contributing more and helping this disaster more than a 2nd kicker. 

Unless you have a direct need for someone to step in off the PS, that guy will not even be active, no matter who he is.   If that need arises, the kicker goes to the PS.  Easy peasy.

But I'm asking for a name and so far, none yet.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:53 PM)McC Wrote: Unless you have a direct need for someone to step in off the PS, that guy will not even be active, no matter who he is.   If that need arises, the kicker goes to the PS.  Easy peasy.

But I'm asking for a name and so far, none yet.

I'll do you one better and give you names. See the link below since you can't take my word in the earlier post that I'd take any of them over a 2nd kicker, and want me to list them which I won't because the names are already listed everywhere on the internet. 

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-establish-practice-squad-x0373

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 10:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'll do you one better and give you names. See the link below since you can't take my word in the earlier post that I'd take any of them over a 2nd kicker, and want me to list them which I won't because the names are already listed everywhere on the internet. 

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-establish-practice-squad-x0373

You're not much on following directions, are you?  I asked for one name, you post a link.  What that tells me is you really have nothing.  You can't even give me one name.  Got it.  So, what you're saying is you really have nothing.  If there really isn't even one specific player who could help our situation by being called up and being active and maybe even playing, then there really is no issue with having a second kicker being on the roster but inactive.  To sum up, your thread is really just yet another empty rant about nothing.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 02:35 PM)McC Wrote: You're not much on following directions, are you?  I asked for one name, you post a link.  What that tells me is you really have nothing.  You can't even give me one name.  Got it.  So, what you're saying is you really have nothing.  If there really isn't even one specific player who could help our situation by being called up and being active and maybe even playing, then there really is no issue with having a second kicker being on the roster but inactive.  To sum up, your thread is really just yet another empty rant about nothing.

Why are you even in my thread? Acting like some elementary school teacher talkin about some following your directions. Who are you again? The only person to give directions in a thread that I start is me. And I say people can post what they want, and their opinions are welcome. Poo poo, rantings and all. Start your own thread and you can make your rules and give directions to demand folks follow.

Whatever you have against me that has you in a "poo poo" thread with "empty rantings" so much must really have got under your skin. Whatever it was. 

Of course I don't know what it is that I've said to get under your skin, and honestly don't care. No one forces you to read this thread and post personal attacks about my opinion. It's really that simple. Don't click on it. Don't reply.  

Reply/Quote