Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson
With AJ's injury it means more time for Erickson. He reminds me of a poor mans Edelman. if his route running gets better the sky is the limit for this kid.
Reply/Quote
I like him, and maybe they will move Boyd outside and allow Erickson to play the slot, but I would honestly rather see Boyd stay put (give Erickson a few snaps while spelling Boyd) and play more Cody Core outside.

We know that they will be stubborn and stay with 3 WR, when playing with an extra TE or two might actually open up the running game while still being able to move the sticks as a target.  I wonder if they are trying to get Dalton injured to up McCarron's trade value.

Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Erickson isn't ever going to be anything special. Hes a role player who will never be more than that.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Bring back Mario Alford. He runs a great reverse.
Reply/Quote
If your white, your Julian Edelman... It never fails.

No, with AJ out we will see more of Cody Core. Core like AJ is a split end, or X, Erickson is a slot WR they play different positions within the WR position.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:23 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: With AJ's injury it means more time for Erickson. He reminds me of a poor mans Edelman. if his route running gets better the sky is the limit for this kid.

Sanzenbacher!!!!!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Alex Erickson could definitely be our Cole Beasley...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bring back Mario Alford.  He runs a great reverse.

He was signed to another team last week.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: If your white, your Julian Edelman... It never fails.

No, with AJ out we will see more of Cody Core. Core like AJ is a split end, or X, Erickson is a slot WR they play different positions within the WR position.

Lol. never fails that white wrs get compared to one another on that lone criteria . 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:44 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Lol. never fails that white wrs get compared to one another on that lone criteria . 

Plus any white WR in the NFL that is any good is on New England's roster.  Perhaps one day Erickson will "get called up" to continue the tradition but until then he will just have to bide his time in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:02 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Alex Erickson could definitely be our Cole Beasley...

I think he'd be more like a Jordy Nelson
Reply/Quote
[Image: 41UgZWo2VCL.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:56 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Plus any white WR in the NFL that is any good is on New England's roster.  Perhaps one day Erickson will "get called up" to continue the tradition but until then he will just have to bide his time in Cincy.

Except Jordy Nelson.

Reply/Quote
Eric Decker. What ever happened to that Jordan kid we drafted out of Texas a few years back?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 01:14 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: Eric Decker. What ever happened to that Jordan kid we drafted out of Texas a few years back?

Jordan Shipley?  Wrecked his knee, we released him and he played another year or so.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 01:14 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: Eric Decker. What ever happened to that Jordan kid we drafted out of Texas a few years back?

Shipley hosts a hunting show on the Outdoor channel. Bucks of Tecomate, I believe it's called. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 11:44 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Lol. never fails that white wrs get compared to one another on that lone criteria . 

Not that I think he is another Edelman, but he has a similar body size/type, and could be used in a similar way.  There are more similarities than his being white.   And neither has the explosion that someone like Baby Hawk does.

He has the potential to be used in the same way, but I don't know that he has the ability to get open or the toughness to make contested catches or just tough out 2-4 yards in the flat the way Edelman does.

But I don't think it's fair to classify any comparison of  two white receivers as comparing them on the basis if skin color alone.
Reply/Quote
Bring Chad back !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:23 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: With AJ's injury it means more time for Erickson. He reminds me of a poor mans Edelman. if his route running gets better the sky is the limit for this kid.

A poor mans Edelman.  HAHAHHAA. 
Reply/Quote

I have a feeling Erickson is going to be like a cross between Edelman, Wes Welker, Fred Belitnikoff, Ricky Proehl, Cap Boso, and a bag of extra bleached and refined Wonder Bread.

[Image: 11_16_2012_wonder-bread.jpg]

On a related note, I'm already getting flashes of when Lovie Smith figured Devin Hester could be a WR.
Reply/Quote