Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson Cost Us The Game
We do need better receivers. Another #1 or #2 receiver with speed would help.

Guys like Erickson should be #5 WR's and special teamers here.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did Taylor coach Andy to throw the ball to the other team?

We get it already.

Dalton sucks.

Bring on Burrow... or Burrows depending who is posting.  LOL
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 11:46 AM)BengalChris Wrote: In other words, coaching.

A 9 year vet shouldn’t need that amount of coaching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Apparently on a 1-13 team only one player sucks.

Plenty of suckiness to go around from coaching to our suck-tacular QB amongst others.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Apparently on a 1-13 team only one player sucks.

Plenty of suckiness to go around from coaching to our suck-tacular QB amongst others.

Well no shit. Our LBs suck. Our DBs suck. Boyd was our only WR. But when your QB throws 4 ints he’s going to get the brunt of the blame. And rightly so.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A 9 year vet shouldn’t need that amount of coaching.

I'd say we've got that whole "QB coaching" covered with the staff's credentials.

Yet another area of drop.

Fire these bastards and get a new QB.

Anything to move the needle away from this scratched up broken-ass record we keep hearing.
Reply/Quote
Never said he didn't.

I'm basing this more off your shtick than anything.

He could've not turned it over and threw some lame duck passes and I suppose you'd still be pointing that out as well.

We know he sucks. So I'll take your "no shit" rebuttal and raise you a no shit + others need to go because they've lost games too.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Never said he didn't.

I'm basing this more off your shtick than anything.

He could've not turned it over and threw some lame duck passes and I suppose you'd still be pointing that out as well.

We know he sucks. So I'll take your "no shit" rebuttal and raise you a no shit + others need to go because they've lost games too.

My “shtick” is to watch the games and comment on them. Has Dalton not sucked for 2-3 years now? Am i making that up?

Reply/Quote
The defender got there early and it should have been a penalty. Erickson done all he could do. Andy’s four interceptions cost us the game. We need a good quarterback. On second thought we need a lot of things.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You would think that the WRs would be coached to go for the ball. I saw Boyd waiting while Gilmore ran in front of him. That's coaching. That's preparation for what was going to happen in the game.

I agree somewhat, Dalton threw two pretty bad ones though....John Ross and the one to Erickson...thought Erickson could have had a better effort to at least knock it down, but it was still a bad throw.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You would think that the WRs would be coached to go for the ball. I saw Boyd waiting while Gilmore ran in front of him. That's coaching. That's preparation for what was going to happen in the game.

Actually that's physics. Boyd's route was taking him away from the ball, Gilmore's angle was taking him toward the ball.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 10:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: They lost because Kroger had a sale while game plans were drawn up.. Guess who was at Kroger during that time.. ZAC!  Mellow

Not true,
Starbucks had a half off happy hour.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:55 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The defender got there early and it should have been a penalty. Erickson done all he could do. Andy’s four interceptions Saved our #1 Pick. so we could Draft our Future quarterback. On second thought we need a lot of things.

fixed.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: fixed.

Well done ?
Reply/Quote
Erickson cost us the game BUT he was interfered with? You can’t have it both ways. If you say he was interfered with then he didn’t cost us the game (I tend to agree with that, clear as day interference. Not sure why everyone wants to blame him for that).

On top of that our QB threw 4 ints including a pick 6. He was way more to blame than Erickson
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:27 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd say we've got that whole "QB coaching" covered with the staff's credentials.

Yet another area of drop.

Fire these bastards and get a new QB.

Anything to move the needle away from this scratched up broken-ass record we keep hearing.

Yep. Dalton has regressed under Taylor. So has Boyd, for that matter. Mixon did basically nothing for 9 games, but that was because the coaches didn't seem to know he was even there.

Taylor has to go. Even considering keeping the guy around just shows that this franchise lives in a bubble of their own imaginations.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 04:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep. Dalton has regressed under Taylor. So has Boyd, for that matter. Mixon did basically nothing for 9 games, but that was because the coaches didn't seem to know he was even there.

Taylor has to go. Even considering keeping the guy around just shows that this franchise lives in a bubble of their own imaginations.

Sadly, I feel like the Jets win saved his job.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 04:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly, I feel like the Jets win saved his job.

1-15 would be the team's worst ever record. We might beat Miami, but we might not.

Reply/Quote
I thought we got beat 34-13?
His fumble may have cost us 3 points but they out scored us 21-3 in the second half, we can't put that down to one man and one mistake especailly since we had halftime to reorginze after the fumble
Reply/Quote
Our receivers are going to have to be tough with the quick slant/out game Burrow will bring. They can't be falling away from the ball as it comes, which Boyd did.

Even when we draft Burrow, I say sit him until the rest of the team is built. Rookie wideouts rarely contribute so it's likely even if we load up on them, them contributing to the level we need early is unlikely.

Besides that people want OT's and such and heck, I haven't heard any help for the D before the 4th round or so. That isn't going to help speed up the rebuild.

Don't count on Free agency for anything as I doubt the Model changes the way it will need to in order for us to go Offense heavy this draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote