Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson Extended
Per bengals.com https://www.bengals.com/news/erickson-signs-contract-extension
Reply/Quote
Very nice. If he was on the Patriots with TOM Brady he would be better than Edelman. Solid player
Reply/Quote
I wasn't real super happy with some of Erickson's returns last year he seemed very timid at times.

He does seem to be able to find open zones as a receiver and do well. Good for him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, good signing. Great insurance in case one of our starters goes down. Very reliable, versatile, tough sumbitch.

That was a monster hit he took from Davis that he held onto, impressive.

Used to think he was on the bubble but he sure took that thought away this Preseason.

Was thinking myself Erickson was just the type of player the Pats would want to steal from us, glad we got this done.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. I'm sure he has worked his ass off. I'd have to say he made it mostly as a receiver because we now have a better return option, one who will be at times amazing.

As to Erickson, he gets open, catches everything. He's earned his spot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So at this point what are our remaining key players to re-sign before Free Agency?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 04:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: So at this point what are our remaining key players to re-sign before Free Agency?

Dennard
The Tylers
Clark Harris...not that he is going anyplace

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm not as high on Erickson like some of you. Hope he does well.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not as high on Erickson like some of you. Hope he does well.

I'm in the same boat.  I also hope he does well. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not as high on Erickson like some of you. Hope he does well.

(09-08-2018, 05:58 PM)jorev5 Wrote: I'm in the same boat.  I also hope he does well. 

As a Returner last year i understand, made a lot of mistakes, but as a Receiver he is a pretty damn good backup.
Reply/Quote
Good for him he's a solid football player. Went undrafted and was 2nd in the league in return yards plus he does everything that is asked of him. I think he would be decent in the slot if Boyd went down with an injury.
Reply/Quote
He earned it and good for him.

Is he a star or going to be a star ? Nope

But solid role player and those are needed by good teams for sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 07:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He earned it and good for him.

Is he a star or going to be a star ?  Nope

But solid role player and those are needed by good teams for sure.

Exactly, he's not gonna set the record book on fire but he does his job and moves the chains. 
Reply/Quote
I'm happy for him. I'm surprised. But I'm happy for him.

He always seemed like a decent player but far from a fixture for the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 05:02 PM)pally Wrote: Dennard
The Tylers

Pending this season, Randy Bullock and Preston Brown are likely priority re-signs as well.

Redmond, Hopkins, Jake Fisher and Bobby Hart too (granted, not great players, but both right side starters and first off the bench backups isn't nothing).

Then a ton of back ups and special teams players like Carson, Wilson, McRae, Tupou, Uzomah and Rey.
Reply/Quote
I like it. Good deal for both sides. We may have overpaid a little but we paid him for his 4th year where he would have been a RFA and added another year on.

Over 4 mil. So he should be set for life. And now he doesnt have to play with that little bit of hesitation in his mind worrying about a future contract.
Reply/Quote
It's great when we can re-sign 1st Round picks (when they deserve it, Ced), but there's something special when a guy comes in undrafted, makes the team, and earns an extension due to just doing things the right way. Erickson's one of those guys. Who Dey for him!! ThumbsUp Rock On
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 05:02 PM)pally Wrote: Dennard
The Tylers

They inked Harris early on this season or late last season if memory serves..or perhaps it was just an article I read about him.. idk.. age does this magic disappearance act on us with the ol memory.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Good for Erickson, he's shown good development as a receiver. I've been critical of him for his return style, and I don't feel that my criticism was unwarranted. Sure, he had the 2nd most KO return yards in the league last year, but I feel that is purely by chance. The team allowed opponents to score so many times last year, obviously he's going to amass a lot of yards, simply due to having more returns.

But, what I do like about Erickson, is that he seems to be "clutch". Meaning that when a play breaks down, he remains calm and finds an open spot where Andy can see him. He's also got good hands, and can be dangerous with the ball in space. Like I said, I'd like to see him be more aggressive on his return style, but what do I know? That could be an order from the coaching to play it safe, don't risk injury or losing the ball?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've been a supporter of Erickson since he's been here. He's a hard worker who is clutch when it comes to catches, and comes in, does his job, and doesn't make a lot of noise. His return yards going down was specifically related to the blocking on Special Teams which went in the toilet at the same time. He gets his blocking back, he will be back in top. The kid is fearless..... and he's fast.
Reply/Quote