Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson on Punt Returns
Glad someone brought this up. You're going to have some growing pains with Dickerson. I hope he improves but he needs to step it up.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just a little football 101:  When a team punts from midfield, there is generally not going to be a return.  He caught almost every ball right at or just inside the 10.  There was one that he caught at the five, which you could argue that he should have let go...but don't forget the field conditions and a lot could go wrong there as well.

I am well aware of your football 101 point. But there were several times where he could have easily returned it for extra yards
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
I agree Erikson lacked some patience and called a fair catch too early on some occasions today. Veterans get a better feel for the return. He'll get better. Marvin will hopefully have him watch the video and use it as a learning tool.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Definitely some growing pains. If he keeps doing this throughout the season, then we have a problem.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I think he was instructed to just catch and secure the ball due to the weather.

Marvin does not trust (never will) rookies in big games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:19 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I think he was instructed to just catch and secure the ball due to the weather.

Marvin does not trust (never will) rookies in big games.

Thats funny cause I dont Trust Marvin in Big Games. Its called a Challenge Marvin, try it sometime.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not at all.  Tate, early in his career with the Bengals had numerous fumbles.  If Erickson let any of those balls hit the ground, they would have not bounced as normal in to the end zone, they would have gone SQUISH and likely died at the one.  Then, hello bad play call and safety. 

Erickson also had a nice grab in the elements for 21 yards where he (again) found the soft spot in the zone and was wide open for Dalton.

I will take Erickson every day and twice on Sunday.  The kid will make an impact this season and provides quality depth at slot WR. Something we didn't have a ton of...

cant recall any tate fumbles.... let alone numerous ones.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant recall any tate fumbles.... let alone numerous ones.
He single-handed lost a game at pittsburgh with 2 fumbles but only lost two of them...on consecutive kickoff returns.  

I did say early in Tate's career...and it is early for Erickson.  In that weather, I will take what he gave us.  He also made a big 21 yard grab.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote