Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson over Ross
It seems like Ross didn't play much after the fumble. How Bengals beginning of career was that for Ross to fumble on his 1st touch?

Erickson seemed to do decent, but why not give the playing time to our Top 10 pick with speed? How does a former UDFA beat him out.

Also, on the last drive when we needed to move the ball...why not go to Green? Instead they went to Erickson.
Reply/Quote
Nothing pissed me off more than that last night. Bodine can play like a complete *******, but he gets chance after chance.

We have an elite athlete (who knows how good of a football player he will be) and you bench him after one great play by the defender? Please. Get him back out there, get his mind right and get his confidence back up. IT's his first game.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:00 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nothing pissed me off more than that last night.  Bodine can play like a complete *******, but he gets chance after chance.

We have an elite athlete (who knows how good of a football player he will be) and you bench him after one great play by the defender?  Please.  Get him back out there, get his mind right and get his confidence back up.  IT's his first game.

My exact thought as well. When young players make a mistake most coaches will try to get them the ball or set them up to make up for their mistake. A way to get their confidence back up. We don't seem to do that. If you screw up, enjoy riding the bench for the rest of the game and we'll see you next week.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Yeah...Erickson plays hard, but Ross could be a gamechanger. The talent level is insanely different.

All we've really seen from Ross is reverses too. It's kind of worrying me that they don't trust him in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
No one was going to hold on to that ball. Dude's helmet hit him right on the hand. Anyone who has taken a shot like that knows best case scenario is your hand is numb for about 5 minutes after, if not broken.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:00 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nothing pissed me off more than that last night.  Bodine can play like a complete *******, but he gets chance after chance.

We have an elite athlete (who knows how good of a football player he will be) and you bench him after one great play by the defender?  Please.  Get him back out there, get his mind right and get his confidence back up.  IT's his first game.

Am I the only one who took complete joy in seeing Bodine get blown up by JJ Watt at the end of the game? Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin plays not to lose so he doesn't take very many risks throughout the game.

The worst part is there is no room for argument as Kareem Hunt proved that once a rookie fumbles they aren't broken for the rest of the game.

It took all week probably to work up the nerve to include Ross in the game-plan in the first place but once he fumbled all bets were off.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Am I the only one who took complete joy in seeing Bodine get blown up by JJ Watt at the end of the game? Hilarious

I was looking for PA to run out there, "OMG, Russell! Russell! ARE YOU OKAY?!?! Please Lord, let my boy be okay."
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
While I think Zampese needs to go...Dalton missed plenty of open throws. The offensive line was terrible run blocking too.

If you can't run block or hit open throws...you're plays aren't going to look good.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:20 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Marvin plays not to lose so he doesn't take very many risks throughout the game.

The worst part is there is no room for argument as Kareem Hunt proved that once a rookie fumbles they aren't broken for the rest of the game.

It took all week probably to work up the nerve to include Ross in the game-plan in the first place but once he fumbled all bets were off.

This is the Bengals organization in general. It's the philosophy from the top down.
The Bengals are too afraid to take a risk, but I can kind of understand why after seeing them actually play some of their young players and those players floundering.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While I think Zampese needs to go...Dalton missed plenty of open throws. The offensive line was terrible run blocking too.

If you can't run block or hit open throws...you're plays aren't going to look good.

The fish rots from the head down.
Reply/Quote

This.   One of my great frustrations with Marvin has been the punitive method of training players.   Cutting our nose to spite our face AND discouraging our top 2017 pick.

Not smart.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It seems like Ross didn't play much after the fumble. How Bengals beginning of career was that for Ross to fumble on his 1st touch?

Erickson seemed to do decent, but why not give the playing time to our Top 10 pick with speed? How does a former UDFA beat him out.

Also, on the last drive when we needed to move the ball...why not go to Green? Instead they went to Erickson.

Seeing our season ending on a pass to Erickson and watching it go 10 feet over his head squashed my soul last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 12:15 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Seeing our season ending on a pass to Erickson and watching it go 10 feet over his head squashed my soul last night.

Yes! They basically stopped throwing to Green in the 2nd half.

And why bench Ross after 1 mistake? The Bengals organization lacks leadership in profound ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Am I the only one who took complete joy in seeing Bodine get blown up by JJ Watt at the end of the game? Hilarious

NOPE
Reply/Quote