Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Esiason Lost My Respect
Huge fan of boomer! He has done so much for the CF community here in Cincy, and throughout the world. Glad Gunner is doing as well as he has been and hope he continues to do well! For his comments, or lack there of, I agree w/ Mr. Cupcakes and few others. I do understand the otherside of the salad bag as well though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:45 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I do understand the otherside of the salad bag as well though.

This is my new saying.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
He works for the network and the NFL now, he's not going to call them out. I'm sure most of us was pissed at Burfict when the hit took place. Pac Man is a different story. Boomer was just disgusted to see another year of wasted talent knowing the window is closing. You can always tell who the true fans are by how pissed they get. The players put themselves in the position to lose that game due to bad calls, missed calls, fumbles etc. If they would have played like a playoff team the first 3 quarters we would still be playing.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:37 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I lost a lot of respect for Boomer Esiason after his post-game rant about the Bengals last week.  I figured he would come back and say something about the Gio hit and the NFL's reaction but he didn't.

Being in the media he has the platform to speak up and take a stand regarding the NFL's ruling on the Shazier hit but chose not to say a word (at least from what I saw).  This tells me he is a spineless, gutless, NFL pawn.  There is no way he believes that BS response from Dean Blandino regarding rule interpretation of the Gio hit.

To me he is no better than the NFL government.

So no rational thinking person could ever disagree with the NFL on this point? Give me a break. Grow up.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:07 AM)Utts Wrote: So no rational thinking person could ever disagree with the NFL on this point? Give me a break. Grow up.

That's funny that's what I was thinking about boomer he was ranting and raving like none of that ever happened in football and then he needs to grow a pair.   by the way wasn't he the quarterback when Sam  insulted the entire city of Cleveland I don't remember him saying much about that sounds like a hypocrite to me.
Reply/Quote
Again, he can question the team loss, but to call out a singel player and say he needs a mental evaluation is way out of bounds. He's not a doctor, who is he to make that call publicly..... Burfict ought to sue him.
Reply/Quote
Calling out Burfict was stupid the hit wasn't even dirty he just could pull away fast enough. Deion Sanders has my fullest respect cause he came to Burfict's defense. Yes Burfict has done some crazy stuff out there but 10 years ago that would have been a legal hit and he would be getting praised for being a good LB.
Reply/Quote
I get the impression that Boomer has taken crap from Cowher and the rest for so long about being a Bengal fan that Boomer feels like he has to launch pre-emptive strikes anytime there's something negative about the Bengals. Nobody is going to be more critical of the Bengals when the screw up then Boomer. He goes over the top.

Solomon Wilcots is a much better representative of the Bengals on TV.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: His stating that Burfict needed a mental evaluation was way way out of line....

Yes it was.  And he also said he could kill somebody on the field if he doesn't get his act together.  This comment s way over the line.  Heck, the hit Burfict put on Antonio Brown was nothing close to the hit Shazier put on Gio.  He put the crown of his helmet directly under his chin.  That is way more violent than a shoulder to the head.

Boomer needs to call it both ways, period.
Reply/Quote
Boomer is a pretty classy guy. The reason he works so hard is because so much of his money goes to charity (Google the profile that HBO Sports did on him). He is an NFL analyst, not an employee of the Cincinnati Bengals. Part of his job is to be as unbiased as possible. That said, he openly roots for the team and especially for Andy.

As for the comment about Burfict. When I saw him speaking on "Inside the NFL", he sounded legitimately concerned about Burfict. He brought up some history, of which there is plenty, and sounded like he really wanted the best for the guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Boomer is a pretty classy guy.  The reason he works so hard is because so much of his money goes to charity (Google the profile that HBO Sports did on him).  He is an NFL analyst, not an employee of the Cincinnati Bengals.  Part of his job is to be as unbiased as possible.  That said, he openly roots for the team and especially for Andy.

As for the comment about Burfict.  When I saw him speaking on "Inside the NFL", he sounded legitimately concerned about Burfict. He brought up some history, of which there is plenty, and sounded like he really wanted the best for the guy.

what he does as a person outside of his job has zero to do with evaluating his comments.  If it does, so does what Burfict does for charity then... 

The issue is maybe his comments were bias or maybe they were not and did he overstep his boundaries suggesting treatment for Burfict... 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Boomer is a pretty classy guy. The reason he works so hard is because so much of his money goes to charity (Google the profile that HBO Sports did on him). He is an NFL analyst, not an employee of the Cincinnati Bengals. Part of his job is to be as unbiased as possible. That said, he openly roots for the team and especially for Andy.

As for the comment about Burfict. When I saw him speaking on "Inside the NFL", he sounded legitimately concerned about Burfict. He brought up some history, of which there is plenty, and sounded like he really wanted the best for the guy.

Agree on all counts. He takes a lot of ribbing on ITNFL for constantly talking about/rooting for the Bengals. He was probably pissed and disappointed at the game and the stupid, selfish penalties, just like I was.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There are two Boomers for me: the guy who played in the NFL through 1997 and the commentator since 1998.  I will always respect what he accompished here in his playingdays, and I'll always wonder what we could have done in '98 with him at the helm for 16 games.

When he left the NFL for the Monday Night gig he was not well-received.  Al Michaels called him out in public, and they worked together, for Pete's sake.  Since that point he's always seemed to me to be over-compensating for the perceived Bengal bias he has.  Still, he was singing Andy and the Bengals' praises as loudly as anyone this season, for what it's worth.

he was also the first to welcome the bengals to the bottom of the division as soon as they drafted andy that year. he's a bengal fan alright (boomer) that is. the highs are high and low's are really low. it's called manic depression.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how Boomer will react when we win the superbowl next year. He won't be invited to stand on the bengal tiger float....that will be A. Dalton and A. Green.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown doesn't sign Boomer's paycheck so he's free to say whatever he wants. Hell, for two days after the game I was ready to jump ship and say the hell with this team too, but.. I have no soul so I'm back in the fold..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:37 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I lost a lot of respect for Boomer Esiason after his post-game rant about the Bengals last week.  I figured he would come back and say something about the Gio hit and the NFL's reaction but he didn't.

Being in the media he has the platform to speak up and take a stand regarding the NFL's ruling on the Shazier hit but chose not to say a word (at least from what I saw).  This tells me he is a spineless, gutless, NFL pawn.  There is no way he believes that BS response from Dean Blandino regarding rule interpretation of the Gio hit.

I said pretty much the same thing after the game. That was complete BS coming from all the so call unbiased media.

It was bad enough we lost the game that we should of won. All those dildos didn't need to pile it on on top of it.

Especially if you are a former Bengal...
Reply/Quote

Him and Herbstreit both kill me with their on air over the top "Im professional and never show bias in my analysis" krap.  Look around boys, your colleagues like Rodney Harrison, Shannon Sharpe, Micheal Irvin etc. are obvious and blatant homers for their teams and they still get their paychecks apparently.  I was embarrassed too but you shouldn't get on the Bengals for what they did and just leave out the extenuating circumstances that led to their behavior.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Boomer is a pretty classy guy.  The reason he works so hard is because so much of his money goes to charity (Google the profile that HBO Sports did on him).  He is an NFL analyst, not an employee of the Cincinnati Bengals.  Part of his job is to be as unbiased as possible.  That said, he openly roots for the team and especially for Andy.

As for the comment about Burfict.  When I saw him speaking on "Inside the NFL", he sounded legitimately concerned about Burfict. He brought up some history, of which there is plenty, and sounded like he really wanted the best for the guy.

I've seen this side of him too. The pisser for me was it seemed the entire broadcasting crew was anti-Cincinnati throughout the game, especially Nance. 

Am I the only one with that perception?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:05 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder how Boomer will react when we win the superbowl next year. He won't be invited to stand on the bengal tiger float....that will be A. Dalton and A. Green.

Maybe the Cardinals will invite him to ride a bird float if they win this year.

[Image: 3667-894106Fr.jpg]

QBs sick of Mike Brown end up in the desert, apparently.  Does this mean Carson might end his career as a Bengal!? 
Reply/Quote
I don't know why that surprised you, Boomer lost my respect a long time ago. He has rarely ever said anything good about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote