Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFN Mock Draft
Long time no see to everyone but as any long time members know I absolutely love draft time. So this was a simulation I just did on the Pro Football Network simulator. I did not take part in any trades so this was using just the selections we currently have. Personally, I think it would serve the Bengals very well.

Round 1 - 5th overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.QZuK2FESzFUtZckL3mKsNAHaEA&pid...=303&h=165]

Penei Sewell - OT - Oregon - 6'6" 330

When you have drafted your generational talent at QB and struggled in protection you cannot pass up this selection. I believe Jonah Williams is an outstanding young lineman and I believe that Fred Johnson has earned a serious look at starting RT. With this said you put your best linemen on the field. I would begin camp looking at Sewell - LT, Williams - RG, and Johnson - RT.

Round 2 - 38th overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.3TjufA_NS779IpRk0jtBfAHaEK&pid...=327&h=185]

Alijah Vera-Tucker - OG - USC - 6'4" 315

Played OT for the Trojans but has position versatility being able to play OG at an extremely high level while kicking out to OT if needed. By all accounts he has an extremely high football IQ and I would initially let the young man see if he can be effective snapping the ball. Ideally, I would see him starting at LG or C.

Round 3 - 69th overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.dcAlI3QlqaYwNv7wLfL75AHaE8&pid...=259&h=174]

Patrick Jones - DE - Pitt - 6'5" 260

Jones is a highly effective edge player that can rush the passer and play the run. Like with most young players he will need to continue to get stronger in moving to the next level but has a good repertoire of rush moves and football smarts. Should be a good addition to work in rotation with Lawson and Hubbard.

Round 4 - 111th overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.rkCRBlZEST6W-uaZb87TBQHaE7&pid...=234&h=157]

Nico Collins - WR - Xichigan - 6'4" 215

I do not expect Collins to be on the board at this point but if he is get to the podium and hand in the card without hesitation. Collins has displayed good vertical speed, very good hands, and outstanding size for the position. Will certainly need to grow with NFL coaching but has a high upside and gives Burrow another weapon as his disposal.

Round 5 - 150th overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.UZab6s2G_B6ikRSpSqKYsgHaE7&pid...=229&h=154]

Paulson Adebo - CB - Stanford - 6'1" 192

Obviously, playing for Stanford he is no dummy. However, to go with that he has been a very productive player for their program. Very smooth hips and has shown good ball skills. He is another player I do not expect to be here for this selection but if he is you do not pass on the pick. Brings athleticism, speed, ball skills, and the size to be a very productive NFL outside CB.

Round 6 - 192nd overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.qfIaeNkrrsr-nZZLWwWJ9wEsDI&pid...=228&h=153]

Justin Hilliard - LB - Ohio State - 6'1" 230

Battled through injuries while playing for the Buckeyes but stuck with it and showed down the stretch that he has talent. Definitely has the football IQ for the next level and that ability to develop into a starter at the NFL level. Worst case for Hilliard is an extremely important backup LB and special teams standout.

Round 7 - 231st overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.3tSLUvI_urJ8iOrOo07GrAHaEA&pid...=296&h=161]

Drue Chrisman - P - Ohio State

I have been a big Huber fan but I believe it is time to dump his salary and get younger at the position. Chrisman has been very reliable for the Buckeyes and should easily transition into the role at the NFL level.

Round 7 - 233rd overall selection:

[Image: th?id=OIP.ZmmyX4TANpU0pYaNo90oJAHaFx&pid...=195&h=153]

Olijiah Griffin - CB - USC - 6'0" 175

Again, I really do not see Griffin here at this point but if he is jump on it. He needs to bulk up a bit but that generally will come with being in a NFL weight room and working with nutritionists at the next level. He has had some injury issues at USC but if he passes combine physicals then it is certainly worth the low risk.

And there you have it!
Reply/Quote
I like it!

The last taller-than-average corner that I know that came out of Stanford was Richard Sherman and he seems to be working out pretty well in the NFL!

Love the first two picks because our offensive line should be our #1 priority.

I like Jones and think that he could be a great fit at outside backer if we do end up running a 3-4 hybrid or just as a 4-3 end, but I don't like the idea off trusting him in our facilities go gain muscle and weight because the Five Seasons that I roll to across the street seems like it has better equipment and facilities than the Bengals do. Cliff Marshall does train a lot of players, though, and I'd be ok if he hooked up with Cliff early and started working.

Like the Collins pick and definitely need to dump Huber's salary, so I like Chrisman but not sure on Hilliard just because of our luck with injuries, but he could be a nice gamble.

Nice work overall!
Reply/Quote
I like nearly every selection you made, but I feel like every pick in Rds 2-5 might be more of a hope they are there vs realistic.
Strange things happen when draft comes though, so you never know.

Also, it wouldn't be an OSUfan mock without a Buckeye or two selected lol.

Last, there's no way I go into camp banking on Fred Johnson as a starter. I'd have Sewell and Jonah as bookends with Vera-Tucker and XSF (or Spain if re-signed) at OG instead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 07:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like nearly every selection you made, but I feel like every pick in Rds 2-5 might be more of a hope they are there vs realistic.
Strange things happen when draft comes though, so you never know.

Also, it wouldn't be an OSUfan mock without a Buckeye or two selected lol.

Last, there's no way I go into camp banking on Fred Johnson as a starter. I'd have Sewell and Jonah as bookends with Vera-Tucker and XSF (or Spain if re-signed) at OG instead.

Tucker is not a player I see as a hope at all. He could be the best interior line prospect in the draft outside of Slater in the first round. I also would not be banking on Johnson. I would give him the opportunity to earn the job but I have no problem with Jonah Williams there either.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 08:07 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Tucker is not a player I see as a hope at all. He could be the best interior line prospect in the draft outside of Slater in the first round. I also would not be banking on Johnson. I would give him the opportunity to earn the job but I have no problem with Jonah Williams there either.

I agree with you on Tucker. I am saying I think he goes in the 1st round and doesn't make it to 38.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Really like this draft! I agree on some probably not going to be there when we pick, but you never know. Like the Hilliard pick, best LBer we had last season.
Reply/Quote
Would be extremely happy with this, Nico in the 4th is a major steal. Love the first 4 picks.

Couldn't go much better than that unless we got a 3-tech to replace Geno in the 5th (highly unlikely).
Reply/Quote