Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Espn week 3 picks
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/3
Reply/Quote
Seems like a logical split for a division game in Baltimore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Won't seem very logical after the Bengals win, IMO. Ravens going to be 0-3 for the first time in their history.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hoge picked us to win - we're doomed.
Reply/Quote
The two 4-12 guys from last week picked the Ravens, at least.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 09:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Won't seem very logical after the Bengals win, IMO. Ravens going to be 0-3 for the first time in their history.

Might want to check that
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 09:48 PM)Stewy Wrote: Hoge picked us to win - we're doomed.

Picked us last week as well.

So far whoever Allen and Wickersham are these guys have picked against us EVERY week so far so lets hope we keep making them regret it.
Reply/Quote
We need to punish Baltimore. I remember back in 2000 when they beat us in week 4 by a score of 37-0. I think we had something like 94 total yards of offense while they racked up over 400. The look on mighty Corey Dillon's face haunts me. I've been waiting 15 long years to get them back for that, and I feel that this could be the location in time and space for that to finally happen. I want our Bengals to punish them by at least a 37 pt. margin.

But that's just me.
Reply/Quote
What the hell makes some of these guys 'experts'? I'm pretty sure dog knows more about football than a couple of them. Rolleyes
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
Idk I just can't for the life of me see the ravens losing this game and going 0-3 at home. I can see bengals struggling for next 3 weeks and this board imploding. Hope I'm wrong. 29 years of bengal Fandom has me cynical
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Schlereth is an idiot, he also picked the Redskins to win last night.

Time for the boys to take care of business Sunday and bury the Ratbirds!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
This just feels like loss #1 to me. It's going to be a tough environment against a team that's already in a hole fighting for its life in a tough division.

We'll bounce back though, and beat either KC or Seattle, if not both.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 04:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's going to be a tough environment against a team that's already in a hole fighting for its life in a tough division.

IMO, this is the only reason to pick the Ravens.  

We have the better team, and we certainly not going to take them for granted.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 05:19 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: IMO, this is the only reason to pick the Ravens.  

We have the better team, and we certainly not going to take them for granted.  

Yep.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Here's the thing.

The Ravens aren't very good. We are.

There is no universal law that states they can't start 0-3. Or that they have to be a playoff caliber team.

We're better. We'll win.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The only I can think of is that a lot of those guys are just going off of the law of averages, and picking against the idea that the Ravens go to 0-3 after a loss at home. Basically, the opponent is almost irrelevant, and only past history of the home team is needed to determine what the odds are.

That's the only thing I can think of. Because if that many guys are looking at this game on paper and breaking it all down, and are still picking the Ravens, then they need to have "expert" removed from their title.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 10:22 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Might want to check that

Check what?

"Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS) -- Since the inception of the Baltimore Ravens in 1996, the team has never started a season 0-3. It is the only NFL team to never start a season 0-3."

They will start 0-3 this year, miss the playoffs, but beat the Steelers next week.
Reply/Quote
As long as the team stays focused we will be fine. If they go into the game thinking they already won, we will get embarrased.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 11:17 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The only I can think of is that a lot of those guys are just going off of the law of averages, and picking against the idea that the Ravens go to 0-3 after a loss at home.  Basically, the opponent is almost irrelevant, and only past history of the home team is needed to determine what the odds are.

That's the only thing I can think of.  Because if that many guys are looking at this game on paper and breaking it all down, and are still picking the Ravens, then they need to have "expert" removed from their title.

Maybe "experts" have heard of something called intangibles.  When that is considered the odds seem to me to be even on this game.  Pulling out this game is a way the Bengal intangibles can be viewed as improving.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 09:48 PM)Stewy Wrote: Hoge picked us to win - we're doomed.

We are doomed.  Hope is always wrong when it comes to us.  Usually that works in our favor.
Reply/Quote