Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estimated cap space article
(06-07-2015, 12:45 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Here is a link to the NFL Players Association Public Salary Cap Report. This is the gospel...the others are all subject to spin form the writers. This is updated daily. This link was repeatedly deleted by the mods of you know where as I would post it! LOL!

Enjoy

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

Well, to be fair, facts fly in the face of Denny's code of conduct.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 05:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any guesses as to what the money will actually go toward?  (save the "in Mike Brown's pocket" comments, as we already know that part)

I would expect them to apply the money to re-signing one of their current players.  If they do pick up a free agent I would expect them to stick to their usual FA strategy, 2nd or 3rd tier player for depth.  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I absolutely would extend Whit for 2 years.  Let him retire on his own terms, as a Bengal.

As far as Whit giving up pressures?  He's still ranked #1.  I'd say that you might want to get your eyes checked.

I think he should be re-signed as well. Unless his play on the field gets worse the number of years next to his age means nothing but increased wisdom.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/salary-cap-cba/2015/6/5/8737961/bengals-salary-cap-space-between-17-5-million-and-18-5-million

They use 3 different sources, all with different (but relatively close) numbers.

I found it interesting, as they listed the 20 highest paid Bengals, and noticed that Huber is 14th.  Our punter really makes 2.77M? Shocked

a Lot of guys still on rookies deals due to our drafting...

But some of that money will be gone by Training camp as there are a ton of potential extenstions to get done
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 01:54 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I don't get why people want Whit resigned? He will be 34 at the end of this season. Do you really want to extend a 34 year old when we have 2 draft picks waiting in the wings at a much lower cost? I would rather resign Andre Smith for age reasons. I know that pff or whatever says he's (Whitworth) great but honestly when I watch him and I go back and watch the games I am able to record, I really am not impressed with him. He may not give up sacks but he sure as hell gives up a lot of pressures that are almost sacks if Dalton didn't get rid of the ball so fast. I honestly feel he was one of the weak links on our o-line. That's just me though..

Outside of money, when was the last time someone finished in the top 3-5 players at their position and then didn't get resigned?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know about the rest of you, but 34 isn't exactly the time most guys are retiring to the old rocking chair. As the number one left tackle in the NFL 34 seems downright young when you think about it. It's not like running backs who have the average life span of a gnat.
I'm all for keeping Zietler and Iloka. Iloka just seems to be getting better and better every passing season.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Outside of money, when was the last time someone finished in the top 3-5 players at their position and then didn't get resigned?

Happens all the time I'm afraid.

Revis wasn't resigned by the Pats. DeMarco Murray was resigned by Dallas. Payton Manning was cut by Indy. We didn't resigned Justin Smith, Eric Steinbach, J Joseph (he was excellent his final year here). The list goes on and on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote