Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eternal "Life"
I don't have time to discuss, but wanted to share before I forgot.
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/
(08-30-2015, 12:49 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't have time to discuss, but wanted to share before I forgot.
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

God did it.

Ninja     Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-30-2015, 01:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: God did it.

Ninja     Big Grin

What part of the article were you attributing to God ?
Or is it one of those all encompassing things ?
Confused
(08-30-2015, 09:24 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: What part of the article were you attributing to God ?
Or is it one of those all encompassing things ?
Confused

It was mostly light-hearted sarcasm. Kind of an inside "joke" thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
This is why I don't think any one religion is more correct than another. I think they are all wrong. This stuff is hard enough to comprehend now let alone 200 years ago or 2000 years ago or 5000 years ago. A lot of people think religion was a way to understand the world. I think they were a way to try to understand God, and I don't think it's at all what religions think it is.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-30-2015, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was mostly light-hearted sarcasm. Kind of an inside "joke" thing. 
I thought as much, but I took the opportunity to shamelessly bump my thread.
Ninja
(08-31-2015, 10:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: This is why I don't think any one religion is more correct than another.  I think they are all wrong.  This stuff is hard enough to comprehend now let alone 200 years ago or 2000 years ago or 5000 years ago.  A lot of people think religion was a way to understand the world.  I think they were a way to try to understand God, and I don't think it's at all what religions think it is.
I totally agree with you.
I think all the religions started out in the right direction with the basis of being good human beings, but the people who "flushed out" the tomes for each acted like congressmen, ear-marking and attaching unnecessary things that was only in their best interest.
So, perhaps God is actually this colossal ball of consciousness and we are like little flakes of that collective.
I guess that could explain the "made in/of his image" line.
I always found that a little vain, but it makes sense in this line of thinking.

(08-31-2015, 11:21 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I thought as much, but I took the opportunity to shamelessly bump my thread.
Ninja
I totally agree with you.
I think all the religions started out in the right direction with the basis of being good human beings, but the people who "flushed out" the tomes for each acted like congressmen, ear-marking and attaching unnecessary things that was only in their best interest.
So, perhaps God is actually this colossal ball of consciousness and we are like little flakes of that collective.
I guess that could explain the "made in/of his image" line.
I always found that a little vain, but it makes sense in this line of thinking.

If you are ever bored, pick up a copy of 'The Gospel of Jesus of Nazareth".  It's purported to be written by Jesus through an individual, but you really don't have to believe that to read it, and it gives a really interesting perspective on what Jesus was really saying.  It starts with His childhood and goes all the way through the resurrection.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-31-2015, 11:21 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I thought as much, but I took the opportunity to shamelessly bump my thread.
Ninja

heh. That was part of my motivation as well, to see what some other's thoughts might be.

(08-31-2015, 12:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: heh. That was part of my motivation as well, to see what some other's thoughts might be.

I knew I liked you.
Big Grin

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been much dialogue here.
Perhaps I should have included it into one of the other threads, instead ?
I felt it could stand on its own though and thought it might be best to separate it from some of the negativity involved in the others.
This is a great opinion piece. Ninja
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-31-2015, 12:21 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I knew I liked you.

Careful...One minute you are complementing him the next he's touching your butt.

(08-31-2015, 12:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Careful...One minute you are complementing him the next he's touching your butt.

It's ok.
I'm a large man and there's enough for everyone.
Mellow
(08-31-2015, 12:26 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This is a great opinion piece.   Ninja

You are exactly right, at least until String Theory is finally proven.
ThumbsUp
(08-31-2015, 12:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Careful...One minute you are complementing him the next he's touching your butt.

No.

I only do that to you.

(08-31-2015, 12:31 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You are exactly right, at least until String Theory is finally proven.
ThumbsUp

Sting theory being proven may or may not prove the opinion being provided in the piece.  In other words.  String Theory and Eternal Life are not mutually inclusive or exclusive.

(08-31-2015, 12:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No.

I only do that to you.

As of right now...Roto and I are the only ones that like you...Up till a few moments ago it was just me.  Give it a bit of time Roto...and watch his hands.

(08-31-2015, 12:56 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: As of right now...Roto and I are the only ones that like you...Up till a few moments ago it was just me.  Give it a bit of time Roto...and watch his hands.

Thanks.

I was trying to catch him by surprise.  :angry:

But what about the singularity? Am I screwing myself if I opt to download my consciousness into an Android version of myself (albeit with a slimmer waistline)?
(08-31-2015, 12:55 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Sting theory being proven may or may not prove the opinion being provided in the piece.  In other words.  String Theory and Eternal Life are not mutually inclusive or exclusive.

Do not forget, I used "Life".
The quotes suggest that it is open to interpretation and that nothing is solidified.
My attaching it to String Theory is suggesting that if the math is ever sorted out to prove further dimensions, then it would offer harder consideration of the possibility of what is suggested in the article.
So ok..... yeah.... I could have worded it better, but you knew where I was going and just wanted to see if I knew any more sexy verbiage .
I used to be a lot more educated on these things, but I swear I'm starting into the early stages of Alzheimer's.
Sad
(08-31-2015, 01:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote:  I swear I'm starting into the early stages of Alzheimer's.
Sad

What ever you do, don't forget what I told you about rfaulks hands.