Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluating young talent
Watching the Denver game and DeVonte Harris is having a hell of a game this week again. Watched them a few weeks back and he had a great game then as well. Why do we always sit young guys and not give them an opportunity. You can not tell me BW Webb is better than Harris. He is also cheap on a rookie deal. Stuff like thos is what chaps my rear. Get the young guys some playing time and see what you have. Not saying start them when unproven but work them in and if they do well get them more time and maybe they will become your starter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes!

Don't worry...a new staff will change things from how Marvin did things.

Webb came from the Giants and Lou coached the DB's there. They paid him a decent bit too.

I don't know. Guys like Phillips and Wilson have looked decent when they played too.
Reply/Quote
Good news is we are winless, so at this point it makes sense to start playing some of the younger players more to see what they have. It will also allow us to rest some of the veterans to keep them healthy for next year.
This is also a good time for the coaches to try some unique approaches. I'm not saying go all out trick play/exotic blitz, but throw some looks in that the coaches have shied away from this year. Think of it as training for next season. The coaches need as much practice as our players
Reply/Quote
Getting younger at HC sure didn't help things.
Reply/Quote
Just watched Harris breakup.a 4th down pass
Reply/Quote
Any other team would take Harris any day of the week and twice on sunday over kirkpatrick not even taking the money into consideration. If we kept Harris with Phillips and WJ3 we could be looking good and young at corner. Harris hits and tackles like a safety.
Reply/Quote
ex Bengal bums staring for other teams.

Story of this franchises life.

Dalton take note.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 09:37 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Any other team would take Harris any day of the week and twice on sunday over kirkpatrick not even taking the money into consideration. 

No they wouldn't.
Reply/Quote