4 9.52%
no
90.48%
38 90.48%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Evan Mathis cut by philly. Should we sign him?
Should we sign him? Move Clint to Center and put him at LG it could make our Offensive line pretty unstoppable but he did leave on bad terms last time he was here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 05:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Should we sign him? Move Clint to Center and put him at LG it could make our Offensive line pretty unstoppable but he did leave on bad terms last time he was here.

He will probably wind up in Pitt or NYG.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
No.

He wants money, he's now burned 2 bridges, we already have 2 very good guards, we have Fisher.
Reply/Quote
No.

We gave Boling a big deal to be our LG. If we kick him inside to try center, then Fisher comes in at LG.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
No.

Why would you want to bring in a guy that seems to wear out his welcome, wherever his goes, just to mess up the chemistry of an already great OL?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If the price is right, absolutely. One of the biggest mistakes it starting Livings over him.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 06:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If the price is right, absolutely. One of the biggest mistakes it starting Livings over him.

It was, but we aren't in a position to rebuild that bridge right now.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 06:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It was, but we aren't in a position to rebuild that bridge right now.

Why not? The rebuilt bridges with Boomer and Chad Johnson.

it seems Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are very forgiving people that give second chances.
Reply/Quote
He's a bit old now and probably wouldn't see the field. It wouldn't be a terrible move for depth but I wouldn't be terribly excited about it.
Reply/Quote
Voted no, but that's not to say he isn't a great guard. He'll just want to much money. Plus I doubt he'd want to play for us again.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why would you sit a talented young guard who could have a decade in the tank for someone who has two seasons left tops. We messed up not starting and holding on to Mathis, but that is in the past, it's not healthy to chase what could have been.

Reply/Quote
NO
Reply/Quote
NO !

Let Rex Ryan have him.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 06:57 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Why not? The rebuilt bridges with Boomer and Chad Johnson.

it seems Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are very forgiving people that give second chances.

If he signs it would mean Zietler won't get paid, because Evan isn't looking for a cheap deal. Someone will sign him. 

It just doesn't make sense on our end.
Reply/Quote
Hell no! I said this years ago when he was already here. I don't know what the fascination is with him. They benched his ass in Carolina and ran him out of town. They ran his ass out of town in Miami. The bengals benched his ass in favor of Nate Livings then ran his ass out of town. Now Philly cut his ass.

There's a reason why nobody wants to keep him around and would rather play marginal players like Nate Livings. We don't need someone like him around our team.
Reply/Quote
While I think the locker room cancer label is thrown around way too much by some on here, I still have to say no to Mathis.

He's 33 years old and our o-line doesn't have enough room for people as it is. I suppose you could put Mathis at LG and bump Boling to Center, but that would be a very expensive experiment.

No thanks. He's a good player though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Nope. We can't put the Genie back in the bottle
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope. We can't put the Genie back in the bottle

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He got fat and then back in shape while on our team so he could have before and after pictures to promote his own gym. He didn't give a damn about the team.

He is good when he wants to be. If we sign a head case I want it to be Gresham. Mathis can stick it up his ass. If he wanted to be a good team player and contribute we would have never let him walk.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 08:12 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Why would you sit a talented young guard who could have a decade in the tank for someone who has two seasons left tops. We messed up not starting and holding on to Mathis, but that is in the past, it's not healthy to chase what could have been.

If this were to happen we would move boiling to center and have Mathis start at Left guard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote