Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evan McMullin
The Center-Right choice:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/08/18/interview-with-evan-mcmullin-the-center-right-candidate/

Quote:Donald Trump is an unstable, bigoted, big-government isolationist. Hillary Clinton is an ethically challenged advocate of a large welfare state. Former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson is a small-government, free-market isolationist who wants to legalize drugs. So where is a center-right voter, someone looking for a candidate of sound character who believes in free markets but also strong U.S. leadership in the world, to go?

Evan McMullin, an independent Republican, says he’s their man. It’s important, he says, “for the sake of the country, but especially for Republicans,” to show they put the interests of the country first. His indictment of Trump is as devastating as any we have heard, in part because McMullin has served in the CIA and put himself in harm’s way in the war against Islamist terrorism. He has called Trump “inhuman” and has said that “by undermining our ideals, he weakens us on a much larger scale than even a terrorist organization that might carry out these horrendous attacks.” He has argued that Trump is “weak” and his campaign is “melting down.”

If he could get fellow Morman and Rebuplican Mitt Romney on board, he might be able to make a small dent.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-22-2016, 01:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Center-Right choice:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/08/18/interview-with-evan-mcmullin-the-center-right-candidate/

If he could get fellow Morman and Rebuplican Mitt Romney on board, he might be able to make a small dent.

It just seems he started too late.
TBH...Johnson started pushing too late.
Stein, Romney, Bush, and McCullin should join under Johnson's campaign (provided proper administration positions are worked out for a broad spectrum of input).

This would be the best chance to destroy the evil which resides at the top of the polls.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-22-2016, 02:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It just seems he started too late.
TBH...Johnson started pushing too late.
Stein, Romney, Bush, and McCullin should join under Johnson's campaign (provided proper administration positions are worked out for a broad spectrum of input).

This would be the best chance to destroy the evil which resides at the top of the polls.

His goal is to stop any Candidate from getting a majority. Johnson is actually his biggest hurdle:
https://gma.yahoo.com/independent-evan-mcmullin-path-white-house-includes-strategy-170831302--abc-news-topstories.html

All the Johnny Come Lately assholes popping up all over the place now. Where were these morons in the primaries, when the Republicans couldn't find a decent candidate? All these kind of guys are to blame for letting Trump win the nomination.

Not that it matters. It's abundantly clear that this is Hillmonster's turn to be President and nothing was ever gonna stop that and she will owe the win to the Rep's just as much as the Dem's.

Maybe if these independent douches would mount an actual campaign and not just a token waste of time campaign, one of them might have a chance instead of just wasting everybody's time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-22-2016, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His goal is to stop any Candidate from getting a majority. Johnson is actually his biggest hurdle:
https://gma.yahoo.com/independent-evan-mcmullin-path-white-house-includes-strategy-170831302--abc-news-topstories.html
Interesting.... he's targeting the same states as Johnson, to reap a little of his support.

The worst thing is, I don't see him pulling much support from Hilldog.
Sure, another person dragging her name through the mud may dissuade a couple, but it hasn't hurt her much so far.

Is there some platform of his that I'm missing that will possibly win over some Dems ?

(08-22-2016, 03:10 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is there some platform of his that I'm missing that will possibly win over some Dems ?

He doesn't believe in deporting anyone and his mother is a lesbian.

Too late to the party.
(08-22-2016, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His goal is to stop any Candidate from getting a majority. Johnson is actually his biggest hurdle:

(08-22-2016, 03:10 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Interesting.... he's targeting the same states as Johnson, to reap a little of his support.

So he's going to make sure nobody gets a majority by taking away voters from the only candidate that has taken any voters away from the two parties most likely to get a majority?

Mellow

I'm going to go preserve my left over ice cream by sticking it in a pot of boiling water.
(08-22-2016, 05:00 PM)Benton Wrote: So he's going to make sure nobody gets a majority by taking away voters from the only candidate that has taken any voters away from the two parties most likely to get a majority?

Mellow

I'm going to go preserve my left over ice cream by sticking it in a pot of boiling water.

That's a simplistic way to view it. He's most likely hoping that Johnson takes votes away from Hills and he takes votes away from Trump. He just hopes he gets more than Johnson, so he can be a candidate the a Republican Congress could vote on.

Which states does he hope to win? He needs some electoral votes if he is to be considered in a situation where the House votes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-22-2016, 06:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Which states does he hope to win? He needs some electoral votes if he is to be considered in a situation where the House votes.

I assume Utah off the top of my head. Maybe do a little something in a couple other fly over states

(08-22-2016, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I assume Utah off the top of my head. Maybe do a little something in a couple other fly over states

Good state to attack. Realistically, though, they need blue states as the electoral map looks heavily in Hillary's favor. She'll still easily get 270 if McMullin takes smaller Trump states. I don't think it's likely, but the only Hillary states I can see Johnson being competitive in are Colorado and New Mexico. But 14 electoral votes won't derail her at this point with Trump's poor showing in the Great Lakes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Egg McMuffin?
(08-22-2016, 08:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good state to attack. Realistically, though, they need blue states as the electoral map looks heavily in Hillary's favor. She'll still easily get 270 if McMullin takes smaller Trump states. I don't think it's likely, but the only Hillary states I can see Johnson being competitive in are Colorado and New Mexico. But 14 electoral votes won't derail her at this point with Trump's poor showing in the Great Lakes.

NC will go to the right if given a viable candidate, same for Virginia to a lesser level. McCain gets behind McMullin could swing ARZ. There's about a 90% chance Hills gets to remodel the White House again in a few months. But would like for it to be interesting. I see Johnson as a left option and McMullin as a right 

(08-22-2016, 03:10 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is there some platform of his that I'm missing that will possibly win over some Dems ?

If his platform makes Trump drop out of the race.. Maybe. When it is two realistic candidates. And one is Trump. Good luck stealing dem votes. 

I would vote for a bag of cat shit if it had a D next to the name and the other option was Trump with an R.
(08-23-2016, 01:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If his platform makes Trump drop out of the race.. Maybe. When it is two realistic candidates. And one is Trump. Good luck stealing dem votes. 

I would vote for a bag of cat shit if it had a D next to the name and the other option was Trump with an R.

A bag of cat shit would be an upgrade from Killary
(08-23-2016, 01:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would vote for a bag of cat shit if it had a D next to the name and the other option was Trump with an R.

Pretty sure that is one of your options and unfortunately, the one that the majority of the Nation will roll with.

So, it's settled.
We all write-in "A Bag of Cat Shit".

To the polls !

(08-23-2016, 10:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure that is one of your options and unfortunately, the one that the majority of the Nation will roll with.

That's on Republicans for not all voting for Gary Johnson.
(08-23-2016, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's on Republicans for not all voting for Gary Johnson.

Most likely has more to do with Dems voting for Hills. Reps vote for Johnson, Hills still wins the majority.