Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evan McMullin
(08-23-2016, 01:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If his platform makes Trump drop out of the race.. Maybe. When it is two realistic candidates. And one is Trump. Good luck stealing dem votes. 

I would vote for a bag of cat shit if it had a D next to the name and the other option was Trump with an R.

She will have a D next to her name.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

My boy McMullin starting to get some National press:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evan-mcmullin-third-party-candidate-surging-utah-074133368--election.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-21-2016, 10:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My boy McMullin starting to get some National press:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evan-mcmullin-third-party-candidate-surging-utah-074133368--election.html

I've heard them talk to him on NPR a couple of times, and I like him. I don't agree with all of his policies, but he is a nice change of pace.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-21-2016, 11:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've heard them talk to him on NPR a couple of times, and I like him. I don't agree with all of his policies, but he is a nice change of pace.

The thing that frustrated me the most (well not really as a lot of things have frustrated me), is why didn't the members of Republican establishment that denounced Trump (Ryan, McCain. Romney...) not get behind McMullin.

By simply denouncing Trump those few voters that agree with them and simply vote simply on Party will just not vote or hold their noses and vote for Trump.

(10-21-2016, 11:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing that frustrated me the most (well not really as a lot of things have frustrated me), is why didn't the members of Republican establishment that denounced Trump (Ryan, McCain. Romney...) not get behind McMullin.

By simply denouncing Trump those few voters that agree with them and simply vote simply on Party will just not vote or hold their noses and vote for Trump.

My theory is that he represents what is going to leave them behind. Were he to be elected, he'd be the youngest POTUS ever. He'd be the first POTUS of Gen X. He doesn't have experience as an elected official, but he has experience that is really vital to the job of POTUS. He is the new guard of the GOP and they are the old, and that concerns them. They aren't willing to embrace that yet.

This is just my best guess. Ryan is himself a Gen Xer, so he kind of throws a wrench into my thought process, but I'm fairly certain that for a lot of them it is a death grip that they have, unwilling to give way to the new.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-21-2016, 12:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My theory is that he represents what is going to leave them behind. Were he to be elected, he'd be the youngest POTUS ever. He'd be the first POTUS of Gen X. He doesn't have experience as an elected official, but he has experience that is really vital to the job of POTUS. He is the new guard of the GOP and they are the old, and that concerns them. They aren't willing to embrace that yet.

This is just my best guess. Ryan is himself a Gen Xer, so he kind of throws a wrench into my thought process, but I'm fairly certain that for a lot of them it is a death grip that they have, unwilling to give way to the new.

Plus there is a chance he is homosexual.

(10-21-2016, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Plus there is a chance he is homosexual.

That's the first I had heard about that. If true, he really could be a representation of the new guard. the LCR contingent could get behind him (no pun intended, I promise) and there are a lot of younger Republicans that would probably be in the same position given his stances on those social issues. I would like to see him have some experience in an elected office, I'm hoping he runs for something else.

(10-21-2016, 05:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's the first I had heard about that. If true, he really could be a representation of the new guard. the LCR contingent could get behind him (no pun intended, I promise) and there are a lot of younger Republicans that would probably be in the same position given his stances on those social issues. I would like to see him have some experience in an elected office, I'm hoping he runs for something else.

I simply say that because he's a single 40 year old Mormon, plus his Mom left the family for a woman (reportedly).

(10-21-2016, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I simply say that because he's a single 40 year old Mormon, plus his Mom left the family for a woman (reportedly).

This is true, that is pretty unusual. It would be very interesting if he were gay, or even if he were asexual. It would be a very interesting national discussion.

(10-21-2016, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I simply say that because he's a single 40 year old Mormon, plus his Mom left the family for a woman (reportedly).

I dont think being gay is hereditary like a disease or something.
(10-21-2016, 06:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I dont think being gay is hereditary like a disease or something.

...or genetics?

(10-21-2016, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or genetics?

Another example of something that can be passed on from parent to child.
(10-21-2016, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Plus there is a chance he is homosexual.
No way.
Milo would have abandoned Daddy Trump, if that were so.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk